Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'd wager that Fast doesn't return next season. DeAngelo signed to a bridge deal. Lemieux will back on another one year deal.

Strome is the only wild card. I don't think the Rangers will be keen to lock him up long term unless he leaves lots of money on the table.

As much as I pine for a goal scoring forward with a 1st this year, I think the Rangers could stand to take another center. If the Rangers are picking, say, #12 and #23, snagging Jake Sanderson and Jacob Perrault with those picks would be an absolute coup.

Problem is I think that Sanderson goes top 10 and maybe even gets close to a top 5 pick. More likely picks at 12 are Holloway (blegh), Zary (ok), Jarvis (ok), or Quinn (sure).

On a complete random note, it would not shock me one bit to see Matthew Robertson get a cup of coffee with the big club, and maybe even stick if he does well. I know the Rangers are really happy with his development in the past year. Could be a solution to put next to Trouba? We'll see.

Reactions: egelband

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah, most people around here wanted Mittelstadt or Vilardi as they were the highest rank guys by consensus on the board at the time.

However, I believe there was talk that Suzuki was the next guy on the Rangers list had they not gone with Andersson. I also remember people around here criticizing them for having him that high.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Yeah, most people around here wanted Mittelstadt or Vilardi as they were the highest rank guys by consensus on the board at the time.

However, I believe there was talk that Suzuki was the next guy on the Rangers list had they not gone with Andersson. I also remember people around here criticizing them for having him that high.
If Arizona hadn't traded the pick, they would have taken Suzuki.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
No shock that Beleskey or Haley weren’t invited to camp. The org has been done with Beleskey for seasons now, despite the fact that he showed some value. I was surprised that Boo wasn’t invited. Nothing has come out about it since.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Hindsight 20/20 but if we couldn’t trade up two spots for Pettersson, we should have traded down and taken Rob Thomas.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Would St Louis have traded us 20 and 31 for 7? Would much rather have Thomas and Kostin than Andersson right now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Did they? Was it Poster PB?

And it wasn't just talk, there was a list of players that McKenzie put out after the Stepan trade that had Pettersson, Glass, Lias and Suzuki in that order. Now obviously this isn't how they had them ranked overall, but in terms of guys who could/would be there at 7.

Suzuki would not have gotten the level of backlash that the Lias pick did, thats for sure. He was the guy I wanted and there were a few of us on that boat.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
No shock that Beleskey or Haley weren’t invited to camp. The org has been done with Beleskey for seasons now, despite the fact that he showed some value. I was surprised that Boo wasn’t invited. Nothing has come out about it since.
Agree, anyone have some info on why not Boo? Seemed to be a reasonable choice. Bern still has him as 1C.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Would St Louis have traded us 20 and 31 for 7? Would much rather have Thomas and Kostin than Andersson right now.
Now that we know #7 was stinky, probably 15 deals we could have made. Just about Everyone tends to look for a trade up as a default setting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Haley is still on IR. He probably would have been on the team if he was healthy

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Doubt it’s Kravtsov. They’ll slot Fogerty on the 4rh and bump Gauthier up I would think.

Vince agrees with you. I think I do too. I'd be shocked if Quinn entrusted Kravstov over Gauthier with third line minutes in the playoffs. And Fogarty is a better fit for the fourth line.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->