Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It really doesn't matter if Kravtsov or Fogarty play I would bet they don't even get 6 minutes if it's not a blowout.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Or do they go 7 D?

I can see that happening and loading up on minutes for Zibs and Bread.
It doesn't really matter, the 12th forward or 7th D shouldn't be getting much ice time. But if it's not going to be Kravtsov might as well just go with Fogarty so he can PK and we don't have to use Hajek.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't know but he isn't wrong. I like a good physical hockey game as much as anyone but too often they took themselves out of position with big hits.
Trouba is the worst offender of this and his skating is not nearly good enough to justify it

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The whole reason Fast is out is why Karvtsov probably shouldn't be in (other than the defensive issues already mentioned here)... he'd try to dangle or play too cute and get leveled... or he'd play safe and be a non factor... I just don't think he's ready yet.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
The whole reason Fast is out is why Karvtsov probably shouldn't be in (other than the defensive issues already mentioned here)... he'd try to dangle or play too cute and get leveled... or he'd play safe and be a non factor... I just don't think he's ready yet.
Fast wasn’t doing anything cute. Skjei was gunning for a scalp. Someone should run him tomorrow.

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I was referring to the fact that both Graves and Slavin were fourth rounders who hit
It is way too early to say that a player who runs at a 106 PDO is "a hit"

He is, so far, a product of Makar and the Avs forwards. Not from his own abilities.

Also LOL comparing him to Slav

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
With back to back games the next two days, Quinn was smart to keep Mika off the ice today.

if Igor is healthy, I expect him to play. The reason I make the switch is that the team seems to have more swagger with Igor in goal. By no means a commentary on Lundqvist, who was very good yesterday. Old Catholic school saying...you dance with who brung you.

Reactions: Ola and rangers1314

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
It is way too early to say that a player who runs at a 106 PDO is "a hit"

He is, so far, a product of Makar and the Avs forwards. Not from his own abilities.

Also LOL comparing him to Slav
Would be an improvement over any of our current LD, save Lindgren.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
With back to back games the next two days, Quinn was smart to keep Mika off the ice today.

if Igor is healthy, I expect him to play. The reason I make the switch is that the team seems to have more swagger with Igor in goal. By no means a commentary on Lundqvist, who was very good yesterday. Old Catholic school saying...you dance with who brung you.
Did Igor "bring" us to this playoff qualifier round? He was third of three in starts this season and tied with Hank for second in wins.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It can simultaneously be true that our LD is mostly trash and that Graves would be an immediate improvement.
An improvement from trash to replacement level is fine, I guess. But let's stop pretending Graves is anything more than that.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad