Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I hope this is the right thread for this.

I've seen Strome's name tossed around a couple times now as being potentially available for a trade, so I was wondering
1) Is he really potentially available, or is it just fan speculation
2) What would it take to acquire him
3) What kind of contract would he be looking for/end up getting
4) What level of player do you realistically see him as going forward
5) What's the scouting report on his strengths/weaknesses

I could see Minnesota being interested if he's available because we're looking for top 6 centers beyond next season, and it's an added bonus that he's right handed (we have no right handed shots in our top 6 or among our top prospects)

I see Strome going for mid to late 1st rounder +

I am guessing he will want 5.5 mil per, will likely get 4.5 mil per.

I am sure scouts know what he is capable of, he went 5th overall and has played for 3 NHL teams.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Shesterkin worked hard with a personal trainer in Miami during the pause, as he and his wife remained in Florida for a heartwarming reason
“We remained in the U.S.,” Shesterkin said. “We had problems with registering our dog for the flight (to Russia). We didn’t want to check the dog into the luggage compartment so we had to stick around and ended up spending that time in Miami and we were very happy that we made that decision.”

After a week of camp, Igor Shesterkin has made Rangers'...

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Hot rumor is that O'Regan, once the NHL playoffs are over, will sign with the Fischtown Pinguins of the DEL. :laugh:

I would have been okay with bringing him back on an NHL deal, honestly. I expect an exodus of the higher-end 4A guys so I'd like to keep a couple, even if there's no AHL season.

good riddance.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I would rather win the cup of course. But the rangers are way too young, flawed, and inexperienced to win it

Realistically the choice should be...who would prefer lafreniere and who would prefer advancing to the 2nd round.

I'd prefer lafreniere.

To be fair, it's a 12.5% chance at Laf. If we were guaranteed Laf if we lose, I'm sure everyone would be on board with losing.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
would you keep Jesper Fast at 3 years for 3 mill per?

I think everyone would but will we have that space to do so? It would require losing a player like Strome or DeAngelo to do it. My idea would be to convince Jesper to take a 1 year deal with the promise of a 3 year deal after that when Staal, Smith,Lundqvist etc are off the books but that would require a ton of faith by Fast in the organization that took cheap deals for Zuc and then let him go when it was time for him to cash in, and I don't think a comfortable number starts with 3 for the team. I think unfortunately, if Kakko looks ready this playoffs to take a top 6 spot the likelyhood of Fast staying will be slim and to be honest if Kakko takes that spot then Kravtsov should get a shot on the 3rd line so really either way we probably don't have a real need for a 3 mill player in our bottom 6 or worse bottom 3. The way to win in this league is to continue to draft players who can fill in around your top paid players on entry level deals so that you don't run out of cap space. Fast is a luxury we might not be able to afford and someone who can be replaced( not style wise) by younger players ie Kravtsov

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
would you keep Jesper Fast at 3 years for 3 mill per?

rather not considering the cap yet could see the Rangers spending more for his replacement. The Rangers need to build from within and rotate the stock b/c this cap is going to be a problem.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
McKegg gets it and we form the storm chaser line

PDG - McKeggory - Gauthier

All recent former Cane last year (and Gauthier this year)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Reactions: TheBloodyNine

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The flat cap world may lower some of these deals that bottom 6 players are getting. You wonder if someone like Fast takes a 2-3 year deal around 2M to be on a team that is setting itself up to compete and one where he knows what his role is/will be. I feel like they can afford that kind of a deal, especially if they can find a way to move Smith out on his last year. Flat cap is going to make that more difficult. I would not mind adding a draft pick to move that salary out if they really need to.

You wondering if players will be more willing to sign with their current teams instead of uprooting themselves during a pandemic. These bottom 6 players might be more willing to go 1 year on deals, let the pandemic situate itself and then go into free agency with no worries of where they are going to be playing the following season.

Reactions: FultonReed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad