Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Yes, but it shouldn't be that hard to find someone and get them enough games ... These are all the dmen who are UFAs this offseason and played at least 50 games this year.
View attachment 354953
I'm sure we could sign someone from this list and get them enough games...

yeah, an experienced, but not too old, not too expensive, LHD like Kulikov, Dillon, Edmundson, Gustafsson,
on a reasonable 2-year deal could fill that exposure requirement.
and, if that opportunity arises, allow moving out Smith or Staal
(as i noted above, i have my eye on Kulak, if Habs would move him, but he is making $1.85M... i do think he'd be good enough alongside Trouba or ADA...)

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Yes, but it shouldn't be that hard to find someone and get them enough games to meet the 70 game requirement. These are all the dmen who are UFAs this offseason and played at least 50 games this year.

View attachment 354953

I'm sure we could sign someone from this list and get them enough games to get to 70. Though, I wonder if that 70 number will change due to Covid. Or if they will count play-in and/or playoff games as part of that 70 number.
Didn’t we try for Hutton last off-season? Maybe we will circle back.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Well, it's also about exposing. You need to expose forwards, defensemen and a goalie who meet certain criteria. If they sign Smith to a 1-year extension for the purpose of exposing him, it does help to know what position he would be designated to: Forward or Defenseman

Unless Hajek plays 40 games, he is not eligible to be one of the exposed players. We may have to expose Lindgren if not Smith
I'll happily bet you that they don't expose Lindgren lol

That is laughable

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'll happily bet you that they don't expose Lindgren lol

That is laughable

Read what I said again.

"Unless Hajek plays 40 games, he is not eligible to be one of the exposed players. We may have to expose Lindgren if not Smith"

They need a defenseman who played either 70 games in 2 seasons or 40 games this upcoming season. If they can't, they are forced to either expose Lindgren, re-sign Smith or trade for/sign a player who fits those criteria

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Read what I said again.

"Unless Hajek plays 40 games, he is not eligible to be one of the exposed players. We may have to expose Lindgren if not Smith"

They need a defenseman who played either 70 games in 2 seasons or 40 games this upcoming season. If they can't, they are forced to either expose Lindgren, re-sign Smith or trade for/sign a player who fits those criteria
I know what you wrote. You are writing it as if it is absolute the team you see before you is the same one a year from now.

Sure, in a complete hypothetical world where no changes are made to the roster to address this area that is so glaring forum posters can see it over a year out, you are correct.

We may have to versus we would have to in a complete hypothetical future projection

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know what you wrote. You are writing it as if it is absolute the team you see before you is the same one a year from now.

Sure, in a complete hypothetical world where no changes are made to the roster to address this area that is so glaring forum posters can see it over a year out, you are correct.

We may have to versus we would have to in a complete hypothetical future projection

Okay.

We need a defense to expose. None of the ones we have now will realistically hit the necessary criteria except for Lindgren, unless Hajek plays 40 games

Reactions: Kendo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->