Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIII: Have no fear, the TDL is near (Mod Post page 233, #5809 - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I am at 60/40 yes for McD. NYR definitely want to. Karlsson may gum up the works. JG may hold out for a roster player which is more doable in June.
DD at 10/90. Not sure there's a market.
Field at 5/95. Don't think Zucc goes, or Miller. Draft if anything. Can only do so much in a day.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
One person did but was asked what he thought the odds were of him not actually being traded.
Ugh, I feel so bad for them. They're like us except our team is doing this somewhat right so far. Dorrion might honestly be the worst NHL gm since Mike fu**ing Millbury. I can already tell that team is going to get fleeced in this deal

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I would give anything to just destroy the leafs in a trade....pleaseeeee hockey gods let it happen so I can go on the main boards and laugh my ass off at the leafs fans on there

did you mcdonagh is worth kapanen and a 1st? nothing else....thats it

Reactions: darko

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would give anything to just destroy the leafs in a trade....pleaseeeee hockey gods let it happen so I can go on the main boards and laugh my ass off at the leafs fans on there

Tampa fans are worse.

I'd rather see Ottawa move Karlsson out west/hold him, McD get sent to Tampa for a haul and Toronto be left at the dance with out a partner en route to an exit in round 1.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Tampa fans are worse.

I'd rather see Ottawa move Karlsson out west/hold him, McD get sent to Tampa for a haul and Toronto be left at the dance with out a partner en route to an exit in round 1.
that would be nice as well, my hope is that we somehow manage to pry an excellent package out of Toronto....like someone end up with marner, two firsts, and Liljegren

or borgstrom, heponiemi, and a first from Florida id be ok with that too hahaha

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Apparently Bobby Mac was on TSN shredding the Lightning offers for Karlsson. Said they didn't want to give up Sergachev or even Foote. Said they won't be getting Karlsson if all they're offering is "magic beans." Yikes.

Edit: Seems like it was a pretty brutal take down from what people are saying.

I think it gets to the point where the offers are almost insulting.

If you don't want to pony up for a player, that's fine. But if you're going to make an offer, at least make it reasonable. Don't waste people's time.

That's stuff comes around in subtle and no-so-subtle ways down the line. You have to be careful.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

If you don't want to pony up for a player, that's fine. But if you're going to make an offer, at least make it reasonable. Don't waste people's time.

That's stuff comes around in subtle and no-so-subtle ways down the line. You have to be careful.
well Tampa never winning a cup again would be a good start

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Yes. To Florida for something around Tippett, 2018 1st, Malgin, Arizona's 2018 2nd and another piece.

No, but I ****ing hope so.

No, but I think he goes in the summer.
That'd be quite a haul. Picks ~20 & 35, last year's tenth overall pick and a young producing NHLer (I really like Malgin). Even without another piece, not bad.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
well Tampa never winning a cup again would be a good start

I like Foot and Howden a lot as prospects. But it reaches the point where you have to give up to get. If you don't want to trade from your NHL roster, and you don't want to trade anything of quality from your farm system, then you don't really have much to offer me.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Yeah it certainly seems like Yzerman is coming off as disrespectful. I get trying to land a player on beneficial deal, but putting the screws to a team for their franchise player is ugly and certainly won't earn you any friends around the league. Not to mention you're locking things up at arguably the most stressful time of the year for GM's.

Sergachev I can understand, but Foote? That's absurd. Gotta wonder if he's even a real player for McDonagh or if he was just offering up a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier prospects hoping someone would bite.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

After last 4 big trades that Sens made, why would anybody give them a serious or fair offer?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I like Foot and Howden a lot as prospects. But it reaches the point where you have to give up to get. If you don't want to trade from your NHL roster, and you don't want to trade anything of quality from your farm system, then you don't really have much to offer me.
Stevie Y seems to come across as a dick....well we want Karlsson but we want to offer a 2nd, our 10th and 11th best prospect and a 7th because im such a nice guy

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think we see no more NYR trades this deadline, or I think we see two significant trades.

If Gorton trades McDonagh, that signals a fire sale that will see either Zuccarello, Miller, or Hayes follow.

Kreider being dealt is my super dark horse pick.

McDonagh: 25% traded/50% dealt at draft/25% stays until next TDL
Zuccarello: 5% traded/45% dealt at draft/50% stays
Miller: 2% traded/23% dealt at draft/75% extended under a new coach
Hayes: 1% traded/14% dealt at draft/85% extended under a new coach
Kreider: 1% traded/4% dealt at draft/95% stays
Desharnais: 20% dealt/75% walks in FA/5% extended under a new coach

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

I believe it was "might do kapanen and a 1st, how do nyr fans feel about that?"

Reactions: Rangers in 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad