Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIII: Have no fear, the TDL is near (Mod Post page 233, #5809 - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
if tb is really refusing to give up any of value for mcdonagh or karlsson, thats is there right but i don't understand why there are still rumors or conversations. that should have been the end of discussions from the sens and rangers side

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think it gets to the point where the offers are almost insulting.

If you don't want to pony up for a player, that's fine. But if you're going to make an offer, at least make it reasonable. Don't waste people's time.

That's stuff comes around in subtle and no-so-subtle ways down the line. You have to be careful.
Don't you think the quality of the offers might be in part to Dorion's history in deals? I mean it is awful: burrows, dushane, brassard. It's not like people view him as someone that does good in trades.

He's gullible or has his hands tied bc of the owner's pursestrings. Other teams are going to try to take advantage of that...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I like Foot and Howden a lot as prospects. But it reaches the point where you have to give up to get. If you don't want to trade from your NHL roster, and you don't want to trade anything of quality from your farm system, then you don't really have much to offer me.
Its a joke he won't even offer his PROSPECTS for Karlsson. There is no hope we get Foote or any other of their prospects/non roster players for Mcdonagh

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don't you think the quality of the offers might be in part to Dorion's history in deals? I mean it is awful: burrows, dushane, brassard. It's not like people view him as someone that does good in trades. He's gullible or has his hands tied bc of the owner's pursestrings...

I think you can certainly critique his trades, but this is EK. You gotta at least know it's going to cost you more than the parts you don't care about.

He might not be a good trader, but he's not mentally handicapped either.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Its a joke he won't even offer his PROSPECTS for Karlsson. There is no hope we get Foote or any other of their prospects/non roster players for Mcdonagh

Unless he is playing chicken and suddenly throws out a serious offer tomorrow, I don't think TB is going to get McD.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think you can certainly critique his trades, but this is EK. You gotta at least know it's going to cost you more than the parts you don't care about.

He might not be a good trader, but he's not mentally handicapped either.
I'm not defending him but how do we know the context? If he has to take ryan's contract in its entirety and he knows he has to pay a 3rd team to take it do you really blame him for not offering prime assets? If ott didn't have ek to use as a tool to dump ryan they would be pissing away something of serious value to get rid of him. The whole league and nhl audience knows his owner is trying to dump payroll and they have an albatrose mess of a contract they are stuck with and want to get rid of. I think it's very schwred to go in and use it to your advantage if you are willing to be the team to pay another team to help ott by taking that horrible deal.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
If they don't want to do a trade that at least starts with Foote, Howden and a 1st because they believe in those players, that's fine.

Adding McDonagh or f***ing Erik Karlsson to this year's team makes them a juggernaut this year though, and I think worrying about being a juggernaut in 2021 is risky. This guy drops off, this guy fights with the coach, this prospect never makes it, this guy wants too much money.

Reactions: GregSirico

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If they don't want to do a trade that at least starts with Foote, Howden and a 1st because they believe in those players, that's fine.

Adding McDonagh or ****ing Erik Karlsson to this year's team makes them a juggernaut this year though, and I think worrying about being a juggernaut in 2021 is risky. This guy drops off, this guy fights with the coach, this prospect never makes it, this guy wants too much money.
I firmly and unbiasly believe mcd would be the better add and fit for that team over karlson even if the cost (cap hit and trade cost) was the same for either player.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I still blame Sather for giving him two first round picks in the St. Louis trade.
I mean the second pick only turned into a 1st because we made it to the SCF. If we hadn’t made it that far it would’ve stayed a 2nd rounder.

We were going for it. It almost worked. I don’t have any issue with it really.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Need more trades. Getting a few picks in the 25-90 range isn't a rebuild. Statistically we have only about a 50-50 chance of getting a guy like another Jesper Fast (value, not style). 50%. And 50% we get a bust or a borderline NHLer (e.g., Kampfer). That's not a rebuild of our future, that's a rebuild of our prospect poll, which will now be more exciting, but the current trades won't lift the team out of the gutter.

Need to trade MZA and McD for big-time young assets, can't stop with a couple B prospects and 3 later picks, the highest of which is still not lottery. We need either a couple lottery picks or a ton of later firsts and seconds. One extra first is a setup for a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->