Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVII - Holding a Lead for Dummies (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
As long as you've convinced yourself that as an infallible paragon of human perfection, you have the moral high ground, so yes, obviously

If you’re aware of his behavior, past and present, and don’t think TDA is scum then idk what to say to you. There’s no need to continue this conversation.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There’s so many things going on here between the press conference, the rumors, the fight, etc.

The press conference yesterday seemed to be damage control in terms of protecting both the org as well as DeAngelo’s value but really made no sense in the grand scheme of things. How can you cite that his social media use had zero impact on the decision when you go on to say his behavior when scratched led to a “one more time and you’re done” type deal. There’s obviously more there than what the Rangers are publicly saying which aligns with what Edge has said. Then we have the he’s loved by his teammates angle while his goaltender is trying to assault him after a game for being an asshole. Thank God this guy is off the team.

As for the BSB stuff, it’s an incredibly bad look for all of them to double down then go silent for over a day as everyone shoots it down. I have no idea what happened whether DeAngelo did something to that extent and it was overblown in terms of hazing or if nothing happened at all but whatever it was doesn’t seem to be a big deal in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, they indicated there was holes in the relationship with Miller and DeAngelo which there has been no evidence of. If you’re going to drop something like this, you have to be 1000% sure especially when it’s coming from that site where there’s definitely an anti DeAngelo viewpoint and especially when Miller is involved as many have been trying to force feed the racist narrative for a while. I don’t read many of the blogs (HF is my resource as I think analysis and discussion here is better than anywhere else) but BSB was always the best of the bunch IMO and they’ve blown that all to hell over this.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Deangelo has behaved badly before, the Rangers gave him multiple warnings, he refused to obey, and the Rangers said enough was enough.

Not only that, but the team found him distracting:

If players on this team can't focus on hockey because their teammate is constantly causing problems in the locker room, the organization can't keep this guy around. It clearly became an untenable situation and is much more than an isolated incident where a sarcastic remark was made to a goalie.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Let's be clear, I'm not defending anyone, but if the REAL story was that ADA was ribbing Georgiev and Georgiev threw the first punch and then headlocked ADA, it would seem to be more a case of Georgiev snapping vs ADA being some psycho attacker. As crazy as this sounds, that would actually be better for ADA in terms of a trade one would assume then what has been discussed with him saying something and then starting something with Georgiev. Am I off here?
I think (think mind you) that the altercation was the cherry on top. After having been talked to by management, coaching staff and players, getting on Georgiev in the tunnel may have been the final straw.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If you’re aware of his behavior, past and present, and don’t think TDA is scum then idk what to say to you. There’s no need to continue this conversation.
The scum was the 4th highest scoring defenseman last season and had a lot more trade value last week. Trade value makes this team better. Deangelo's trade value tanking = bad for the team.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fair to say I know a lot more about Tony than you know about me, eh? The guy is scum. I wish him no future success.
that's not answering the question.

Someone may have differing qualifications for being a 'scumbag'. Dehumanizing people is a dangerously, slippery slope.

So, you may not think it, but you meet my qualifications as a scum bag. In theory, you should like it when I assault you..... Be consistent with your thought process.

Reactions: Grumpy Humphrey

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If Georgiev started the physical altercation, he should be dealt with in some capacity as well. That being said, given what we know about the events leading up to it, I doubt he'll face any disciplinary action. Maybe as a guise to let Shesty take the net over but that's about it.

Reactions: mas0764

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Deangelo has behaved badly before, the Rangers gave him multiple warnings, he refused to obey, and the Rangers said enough was enough.

If players on this team can't focus on hockey because their teammate is constantly causing problems in the locker room, the organization can't keep this guy around. It clearly became an untenable situation and is much more than an isolated incident where a sarcastic remark was made to a goalie.

he was toxic to players in the locker room. In already bad environment.... there's no place for that...

I really hope they completely evaluate the situation. I truly believe a good leader/coach will help alleviate the issues.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I agree.

Yes, leadership needs to be there to keep attitudes and the locker room in general in check. That works, for the most part. But at some point, things go beyond needing just leadership.

DeAngelo was/is beyond needing team leadership. It is what it is and it's time to move on.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Georgiev should get some disciplinary action too.

That said, chirping your own goalie is a major no-no, and combined with everything else DeAngelo has brought, I'm not surprised that management pulled the plug on Tony. This was a "final straw" episode.
There is also "chirping" and "riding". But I will echo Kovalev27, if JD is out there making this decision, and answering the way that he was, I will believe him.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I still find it baffling that some people are trying to point fingers at Quinn for benching DeAngelo, not starting Igor and Georgiev even if he was the one who got physical first.

It has been stated many times, not just by insider journalists, posters here, and also by the team: this was the last straw. ADA had been warned MANY times. He did not change. It's all on him.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I still find it baffling that some people are trying to point fingers at Quinn for benching DeAngelo, not starting Igor and Georgiev even if he was the one who got physical first.

It has been stated many times, not just by insider journalists, posters here, and also by the team: this was the last straw. ADA had been warned MANY times. He did not change. It's all on him.

Just my oppinion, but based on the post by @Edge and some of these other rumours, he had it coming to him. I don't feel one bit sorry for him being punched by Georgiev, who is by all accounts a very quiet guy, but a guy with very much different world views. My guess is this wasn't the first time ADA got on his face/nerves.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Don't care how you feel about TDA, but Georgiev needs to get gone next.

If sticks and stones applies to TDA, then it applies to the goalie as well.

Truth be told, he absolutely should have stopped that puck.
Oh please. If Georgiev actually hit him, that says more about ADA than Georgiev, who is cool as a cucumber.

And yes, he did have a bad game. Not canning him after that.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If you brush off every legitimate news outlet saying one thing, while blindly believing a fan blog claiming the opposite, you aren't looking for the truth. You're just looking for YOUR truth

DeAngelo was given a final warning not too long ago. This is the difference
I'm not disagreeing with that. He should be gone.

I was just referring to how some can romanticize an action if done by person A, and condemn it if done by person B.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Oh please. If Georgiev actually hit him, that says more about ADA than Georgiev, who is cool as a cucumber.

And yes, he did have a bad game. Not canning him after that.

You're not moving him cause he cost a game, your moving him because he got physical with a player that was giving him a hard time about being a sive

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Why can't it be ADA took the puck, played it off like it was lost with every intention of giving it to him as a display item in a team ceremony? That's not hazing, there is no ill intent, but you can see how personal bias can check all the boxes for the Herman leak. "ADA stole it, he did it to mess with a rookie, he has friction with the team in general." It's easy to see how the story got legs, especially if any link in the chain didn't mind letting some details get misinterpreted.

Reactions: Kendo

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
There’s so many things going on here between the press conference, the rumors, the fight, etc.

The press conference yesterday seemed to be damage control in terms of protecting both the org as well as DeAngelo’s value but really made no sense in the grand scheme of things. How can you cite that his social media use had zero impact on the decision when you go on to say his behavior when scratched led to a “one more time and you’re done” type deal. There’s obviously more there than what the Rangers are publicly saying which aligns with what Edge has said. Then we have the he’s loved by his teammates angle while his goaltender is trying to assault him after a game for being an asshole. Thank God this guy is off the team.

As for the BSB stuff, it’s an incredibly bad look for all of them to double down then go silent for over a day as everyone shoots it down. I have no idea what happened whether DeAngelo did something to that extent and it was overblown in terms of hazing or if nothing happened at all but whatever it was doesn’t seem to be a big deal in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, they indicated there was holes in the relationship with Miller and DeAngelo which there has been no evidence of. If you’re going to drop something like this, you have to be 1000% sure especially when it’s coming from that site where there’s definitely an anti DeAngelo viewpoint and especially when Miller is involved as many have been trying to force feed the racist narrative for a while. I don’t read many of the blogs (HF is my resource as I think analysis and discussion here is better than anywhere else) but BSB was always the best of the bunch IMO and they’ve blown that all to hell over this.
If you follow any of those bloggers on Twitter, then not admitting they’re wrong is the least surprising thing of all time. Herman in particular.

Reactions: mas0764

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You're not moving him cause he cost a game, your moving him because he got physical with a player that was giving him a hard time about being a sive
First of all, we don't know the full details of the confrontation. Maybe it was Tony who shoved him while yelling at him. Maybe it was just Georgiev losing his cool and throwin his blocker at him because of "make a f***ing save". Maybe it was Georgiev going apeshit because ADA told him "f*** off back to russia you commie shit since you cant make a save".

All I know is, it's ADA that got waived and was told by the team that he's gone. Georgiev, while he had a maintenance day was still the backup yesterday. We have not heard anything condemning about Georgiev. I think that says enough.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why can't it be ADA took the puck, played it off like it was lost with every intention of giving it to him as a display item in a team ceremony? That's not hazing, there is no ill intent, but you can see how personal bias can check all the boxes for the Herman leak. "ADA stole it, he did it to mess with a rookie, he has friction with the team in general." It's easy to see how the story got legs, especially if any link in the chain didn't mind letting some details get misinterpreted.

doesn't fit the "he's a racist scumbag" narrative.

It's more likely that he's an absolute ball-buster that got carried away.

That said, I trust the folks that state it didn't happen than some f***ing wannabe journalist twitter hacks

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
First of all, we don't know the full details of the confrontation. Maybe it was Tony who shoved him while yelling at him. Maybe it was just Georgiev losing his cool and throwin his blocker at him because of "make a f***ing save". Maybe it was Georgiev going apeshit because ADA told him "f*** off back to russia you commie shit since you cant make a save".

All I know is, it's ADA that got waived and was told by the team that he's gone. Georgiev, while he had a maintenance day was still the backup yesterday. We have not heard anything condemning about Georgiev. I think that says enough.

Well, the reports out there are not that TDA instigated the issue physically, so it's not that TDA shoved Goergiev.

If there was any racist BULLSHIT about going back to your country you commie shit, that absolutely would have made the rounds.

so that leaves just your middle point about Georgiev losing his cool and assulting someone.

How does that NOT warrant termination?

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
doesn't fit the "he's a racist scumbag" narrative.

It's more likely that he's an absolute ball-buster that got carried away.

That said, I trust the folks that state it didn't happen than some f***ing wannabe journalist twitter hacks
Someone else said it, Occam's razor. Herman probably wouldn't risk his career just to railroad ADA. He did get the puck. KAM says he has it, denies animosity. It's easier for the org to deny than to explain ballbusting in this woke climate.

I trust that it's a nonissue and there wasn't a hazing/racial element to the "incident". I also think a journalist got a source that was happy to pile on Tony, and said journalist wanted to be first with the story. It was out of context, and for many perception is more important than intent so the risk/reward is favorable.

Reactions: Trxjw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad