Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVII - Holding a Lead for Dummies (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Mod edit: Trusted source, but ultimately this entire situation is still largely centered on speculation. Keep that in mind.

And with this, I can now share what I know.

And before we get questions about me coming in "after the fact" I purposefully told a handful of people so that they could confirm when I was able to share (I do this as a safeguard for those who still think I am pulling shit out of my ass):

ADA has been increasingly vocal in the locker room about certain race and social issues and supposedly been making those comments very well known.

He has also not been quiet about some of the changes in this country over the last few months and weeks.

For the most part, there’s an understanding that what you do on your own time is your own business. But ADA has apparently been taking his cues from the more active factions in the world and it is bleeding into the locker room.

This includes going out of his way to make comments that he doesn’t think there’s a big racial problem in the nation, recent events being fake news, etc.

That might not be a huge issue, save for the fact that he’s the one who keeps mentioning. Requests to get him to knock it off have not gone well. The leadership of this team, namely Trouba has taken him aside and told him to leave that stuff at the door and not let it become a distraction.

The other night, he went after Georgiev, got in his face, pinned him to the wall and then tried to choke him. Trouba and Miller stepped into separate them, and then ADA turned on them. Trouba basically bear hugged him and dragged him into the locker room by his jersey. What happened behind closed doors is unknown to me at this time. ADA also told "Miller to go f*** himself" among some other choice comments.

The other night was the final straw with someone who many believe cannot separate the politics and hit button issues from the locker room, views himself as having “made it”, and has really just not done a good job of controlling himself or conducting himself in a proper manner.

Now that it is leading to physical confrontations, the Rangers are basically done with him.

So NOW you know most of what I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
So, looking forward rather than back, what’s everyone’s prediction for what happens next with this whole mess? My guess is ADA clears waivers and goes to Calgary at $2.35MM retained for Bennett.

EDIT: make that $2.25MM. Shouldn’t try to do math at 1:00AM.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangersFan1994

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
So, looking forward rather than back, what’s everyone’s prediction for what happens next with this whole mess? My guess is ADA clears waivers and goes to Calgary at $2.35MM retained for Bennett.

Tony clears waivers; nobody wants to trade for him even with salary retained; Rangers attempt to mutually terminate Tony's contract; he refuses and sits out two seasons; Gets offers to go to KHL but refuses to go to Russia because, well, it's Russia; Rangers finish 6th in the MassMutual East above Buffalo and New Jersey; Quinn gets fired at the end of the season; Nils earns his spot on the team with a terrific training camp later in the year; Rangers win the stanley cup in 2022

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Is there any strategy behind waiving Tony before trading him, other then just seeing if anyone wants him at his full rate? Does that mean any potential deal will most likely include us retaining salary?

Reactions: bleedblue94

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
What is the most likely outcome here?
Is Brooks' scenario of contract termination too extreme?
I personally think, he just spends a month or so in Hartford getting 30 minutes a night and then comes back to the rangers. DQ needs him for the PP.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Is there any strategy behind waiving Tony before trading him, other then just seeing if anyone wants him at his full rate? Does that mean any potential deal will most likely include us retaining salary?

The strategy of waiving him before trading him is by getting an unwanted player out of the locker room and off the team as quickly as possible.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I'm sure Chara had zero interest in our rebuild. Wouldn't surprise me if he turned down money to play for the Caps. Perfect fit for both sides.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think ultimately what the management did is very selfish, stupid and unacceptable. The fans liked ADA, the fans did not know or needed to know any of ADA character issues. It is about the fans first. You don't waive a tradable asset, you suspend him for breaking team policies and you look to trade him and get some value in return to at least save face with the fans. Only an idiot GM would flat out waive a 60 point Dman. Last Dman that produced comparable numbers for Rangers was Leetch 20 years ago.

Bottom line they messed up and hotheadedly waived him, pretty much destroying his trade value. The management has to be punished for their impulsive decision. I propose the fans should boycott and not watch at least next 3-5 games.

Also I don't understand why ADA after scoring a ton of points for this coach last season had to fight for his job pretty much starting 1st or 2nd game.

ADA will thrive in a team that has strong leadership and high level and fair coaching staff.

Personally I will boycott this team until they hire a very good quality coaching staff. There is no cap on coaching staff, why doesn't one of the wealthiest organization spend more resources in areas where they are not limited like scouts, AHL and NHL coaching staffs, etc.

Last edited:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Sending positive energy to you all! Should get my MRA scan results tomorrow, as well as my appointment with the sports doctor regarding my knee is tomorrow!
Positive thoughts. Good luck, jovan !
On a side note energy is absorbed and when you put out the good energy everyone wins. Let’s hope this situation turns into a A+ positive ending for all. :5:

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I think ultimately what the management did is very selfish, stupid and unacceptable. The fans liked ADA, the fans did not know or needed to know any of ADA character issues. It is about the fans first. You don't waive a tradable asset, you suspend him for breaking team policies and you look to trade him and get some value in return to at least save face with the fans.

Bottom line they messed up and hotheadedly waived him, pretty much destroying his trade value. The management has to be punished for their impulsive decision. I propose the fans should boycott and not watch at least next 3-5 games.

Also I don't understand why ADA after scoring a ton of points for this coach last season had to fight for his job pretty much starting 1st or 2nd game.

ADA will thrive in a team that has strong leadership and high level and fair coaching staff.

Personally I will boycott this team until they hire a very good quality coaching staff. There is no cap on coaching staff, why doesn't one of the wealthiest organization spend more resources in areas where they are not limited like scouts, AHL and NHL coaching staffs, etc.

There was no way this was going to stay quiet. If we know anything about it, GMs and the community of players are going to know more. Teams don’t want the headache, especially when the league is pushing for greater diversity and pushes towards acceptance and positivity.

The Rangers organization is taking volatility out of the locker room to try to regain some semblance of order and to protect their players. If even half of what’s been mentioned is true, and management was aware, it’s not a good look for the organization.

The NYR organization traded for TDA knowing his history. They worked with him through the various things that have gone on over the last year. There has to be a final straw.

Sure, it’s unfortunate to lose a offensive defenseman, but there’s a question of ethics here. And maybe his personal life is his personal life, but when it spills into the locker room and into violence, it’s a matter of keeping personnel safe.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Also seems odd waiving a player before trying to trade him.
Yes I agree. Even though they may not have liked the return before the altercation, they still could have sold low on him yesterday. Not saying that I would have liked that, but it’s better than losing him for nothing. Maybe the FO thinks that no one will claim him. We’ll get our answer tomorrow. If no team claims him, then we’ll know for sure that we weren’t even going to get a 7th round pick for him.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
It's looking like DeAngelo did get punched.

I'll post this again, post-game interview with Kreider.

Notice how he tries to hide his hand. Look at his knuckle, someone/something got punched by him.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I mean, f*ck this kid if he cracked and acted like a shithead with the team.

What the actual f*ck is going on in that room?

we need a real vet in that room. Not Kreider or Troubda. Those two clearly couldn't control a room if their lives depended on it.
Yikes. Poor Laf, Kakko, Shesty & Miller. Jesus

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Hey fair enough. I just know that if I were hazing someone, and I was the only one doing it, I would be pretty embarrassed if that guy was performing a lot better than me.

It’s all rumors at the moment, so no way of knowing the true who and what.

But there’s a long history of hazing in the league, and it happens through juniors, too. Some of it’s simple like the rookie doing a few laps himself. I remember the Ducks had Fowler chauffeur Selanne and Getzlaf to a game. But it can obviously get too extreme.

The Rangers need to make some changes, I think both in terms of staff and players. Maybe I’m wrong, but I hope they’ll actually wake up and realize something is off, and it’s not just COVID.

This is all to say that I’d be shocked if Tony is claimed, never mind traded for a positive asset.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's looking like DeAngelo did get punched.

I'll post this again, post-game interview with Kreider.

Notice how he tries to hide his hand. Look at his knuckle, someone/something got punched by him.

Idk he could easily just have red on his hand just bc he just played a hockey game wearing gloves. I know any time I step on the ice I could come off with a bruise or something anywhere on my body without me remembering how it happened. Could be as simple as dry skin in the winter being irritated by sweating in your gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad