Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVII - Holding a Lead for Dummies (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I still do not see a reason for laying hands on someone.

ADA had the waiver coming, to say he had a blocker to head coming is where you lose me. Physical altercations with someone you have a disagreement with is childish.
I don’t feel bad for the kid in school that repeatedly bullies someone verbally and then gets his teeth knocked in when the other kid snaps.

Where’s the f***ing camaraderie? Your teammate gave up a bad goal and feels like awful, and instead of having his back, you talk shit to him?

This is what good teammates do when their brothers they go to war with make a bad play.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Can we stop talking about Mr Pregnant Pause or any of his cronies. They are irrelevant. Always have been.

Reactions: Fitzy

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
If Georgie tossed the first punch, fine. Fine him and let it be done.

He wasn't on a zero tolerance plan like TDA was.

And let's just move on.

Reactions: mas0764

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Are we reading she same posts?

I don't have anyone blocked, so possibly not. =P

Story has always been that Georgiev struck first but DeAngelo instigated by saying stuff to him

Always? Look at the big post stickied to the top of this thread. When that was the most recent update, people were absolutely saying those things like "So what, Smith and Lettieri fought and we didn't waive either of them."

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This has always been the most likely course of events.

Some people in the fanbase took that article, paired it with the assumption that Tony got in trouble for n-bombs in juniors (when it was likely another direction of slur), and came to the conclusion that Tony was an out of the closet racist towards his black teammate. JD needed to squash that with a "1000% untrue," for everybody's sake. It would make sense that the article was "5% accurate," but JD can't give validity to ANY tin foil hat wearers on this one. However, it would make sense if one player told Herman "I didn't like that he pulled the "where's your puck gag," when he doesn't have enough cred within the room for the joke to land." It's not a conspiracy, the puck isn't missing, there's no photo because of limited staff, it's a nothing burger. That doesn't mean Herman made it up.
It insinuated, or as people like to say, gas-lighted the anti-ADA brigade. It quickly turned from ADA got into a fight in the tunnel... to ADA is a racist. That doesn't happen by rationale thought.

Some don't dislike ADA the player but they truly despise ADA the vocal political adversary. That hatred is not for the individual but for a dissenting thought.

ADA has done himself no favors with his behavior/actions and is guilty. He deserves to be waived. Yet, two wrongs do not make a right.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
JD looked and sounded pretty pissed when he started out with his opening statement. I loved it because I knew it was nonsense and it was pissing me off, especially considering how many people actually believed in that stupid f***ing story.
As others have said, the age of social media allows for so much BS to be out out there with no accountability whatsoever.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If there's one thing to be learned from all of this, it's why there is such a hesitation to put information out there in a public setting. It's why you have posters who really, really try to verify things with multiple sources before posting. As we can see, when you get it wrong, it all comes tumbling down.

You have to be damn sure of two things:

1. The information is accurate.

2. The information is worth repeating.

Probably 3... by saying it you don't get someone fired or so mad @ you (the general form of "you" not specifically) that you never get info from said source again?

Reactions: Edge

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
ADA situation is what it is. Let's hope as Ranger fans our brass can move him for something and never have to discuss this again. I'm sure that's why GMJG and JD had the presser anyway. Clear the air, retain some value for ADA to be shipped, move on for the clubs sake and never look back.

Now let's talk about something else... Did Lindgren go to the school of Staal? Dude is always on his knees in the crease or sprawling to make a play.

Reactions: nyrage

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If it later turns out that there was a racist element to this, then the Rangers trying to deny it happened is NOT going to be a good look on them at all.

I don't think it was that at all and again, I trust the front office that states it wasn't true.

Way to much to risk by lying about that.
Absolutely. There is no way that JD, Gorton or Quinn would try to cover something like that up. Waaaay too much out there that makes it easy to catch.

And in no way do I think that Tony is a racist per se.

Reactions: mas0764

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Probably 3... by saying it you don't get someone fired or so mad @ you (the general form of "you" not specifically) that you never get info from said source again?

That always has to be a consideration as well.

Sometimes it's timing, and sometimes it's just best to leave it alone.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
In general you got a good look how the neoliberal press ate this one up, digested it 50 times and shat it all over the place. Every possible outcome had been theorized by midnight, every details thrown together in a hurry, speculated, judged. Worst part for me, the Miller ADA speculations, no merit at all, pure sensationalism. Potential racist and black kid, write the story! Idgaf about blogger or journalist or who ever here, it's neoliberalism that I want to shit on.

On the other hand we got a good look at HFNYR, I feel. I myself was rather joyful, because there were several outstanding posts made and generally there was a healthy discussion. Sure some camps made their positions clear, some over-hasty, some over-defensive. It was a wierd mix of depression, curiosity and maybe some stinginess, as in "oh no! His trade value gone. Can we plz haz a 2nd rd pick somehow?"

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
12 Years ago this happened.

“I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds."

I wonder what would happen if Sean Avery played in todays NHL? Social media is so much more prevalent these days. I would imagine there would be internet lynch mobs that react in the same fashion as the Herman followers after the article posted. Or would Herman post it all? Same political sides applying.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't believe he was choking any teammate. Bunch of rumors.

I don't think he was strangling him. Choking could mean getting his hands up by the the throat, or having a forearm up during the tussle.

Likewise, Georgiev taking a swing at him doesn't have to mean that he curb-stomped him.

By all accounts the skirmish itself wasn't anything epic. It was more about it actually occurring, or who it involved, and where/when it took it place.

Part of this whole scenario is the road that apparently led to it.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So I'm not here to toot my own horn but in my semi last regular post I said TDA had low emotional intelligence and when I used an example of not talking about a certain tv show (and it could be any really show or subject I was only using real like experience) at work I got "made fun of."

So what happened? @Edge shared that TDA has practically zero emotional intelligence and one of the main factors was talking about stuff other people didn't want to hear about.

The waiving warning was leaked to Larry a few weeks back which Gorton confirmed yesterday in case anyone didn't pick it up.

Yeah maybe I do understand a thing or two about psychology and took some courses gang. Just saying.

Now back to a trade. And before as usual people call me all kinds of names and start the trash talking: given how little value these two have I think the classic change of scenery to send TDA home to Philly and bring back Gostisbehere is very realistic. Remember, DeAnegelo doesn't have much value.

Hope everyone is well and I'll be back hopefully when TDA is gone or when Coach Doofus McDoofusen gets canned.

My next prediction is David Doofus is going to infuriate people playing Johnson over Hajek.

That Bitetto kid did alright.

Ciao!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
so ADA should have turned the other cheek of his teammate attacks him?

No? Im just saying that there were all kinds of crazy rumors the last few days and this is what Carp says is the facts. Tony obv was already on thin ice so even if he didn't throw any punches he was still getting involved with nonsense and that was the last straw. Also a very bad look to give shit to your own goalie for a bad goal/game.

Tony clearly has been in a bad place mentally since the start of the season, getting scratched and losing his PP spot plus having to deal with JJ as his partner just made it worse and he lashed out. I hope he gets his mind right, gets another shot and doesn't get blackballed from the league.

Reactions: Cmox

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Let's be clear, I'm not defending anyone, but if the REAL story was that ADA was ribbing Georgiev and Georgiev threw the first punch and then headlocked ADA, it would seem to be more a case of Georgiev snapping vs ADA being some psycho attacker. As crazy as this sounds, that would actually be better for ADA in terms of a trade one would assume then what has been discussed with him saying something and then starting something with Georgiev. Am I off here?
There's ribbing, then there's screaming at someone. "Ribbing" would be a nice way to pretty much take most blame off of Tony. It's also possible he was being verbally abusive to the point that Georgiev had enough. Two completely different possibilities.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yeah I didn't want to actually write this because obviously we are getting snippets of snippets and ADA seems to have this reputation follow him around. In saying that, it does seem to be Georgiev as the aggressor?

Well Edge seemed to indicate ADA has been pissing people off lately with political rants and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a thing with Georgiev going back a while.

But it would also line up with the idea that the org was basically tired of his immaturity and his reaction to the benching and when they said "One more thing and you're done," they meant it. And this was one more thing. Surely there was a way to not get in a fight.

But I saw some people suggesting yesterday that Georgiev has to share some blame in this and I'm not sure I disagree if it is how you have said.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Well Edge seemed to indicate ADA has been pissing people off lately with political rants and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a thing with Georgiev going back a while.

But it would also line up with the idea that the org was basically tired of his immaturity and his reaction to the benching and when they said "One more thing and you're done," they meant it. And this was one more thing. Surely there was a way to not get in a fight.

But I saw some people suggesting yesterday that Georgiev has to share some blame in this and I'm not sure I disagree if it is how you have said.

Well DQ can roll with Shesty for a while as "punishment", even though its what he should be doing anyway.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
so ADA should have turned the other cheek of his teammate attacks him?
He shouldn’t of ran his mouth to his teammates. Instead he should of been trying to encourage him to move on to the next one. The fact you are defending someone so shitty of a person is actually embarrassing. Thank you for letting me know you support ADA and that I should add you to the ignore list. What a ignorant child you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad