Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVII - Holding a Lead for Dummies (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The remainder of this season could well be difficult. If he’s not claimed, I can’t see the org wanting him anywhere near the taxi squad or HFD, and the PA would almost certainly fight a termination and might even fight “just go home and collect your paycheck.” The best case might be they try to terminate, the PA fights, and Tony stays away while the dispute is ongoing. Might be able to play out the majority of the season that way.

They one bit of good news is that if they can’t find a taker, he’s in the cheap buyout category.

Yea that will probably be the desired path...have an ongoing dispute where the NYR can remove him from the situation while it is ongoing.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
Adam 100% has sources within the NYR organisation and I trust him completely, there’s a 0% chance he made this up for clout since that’s not at all who he is.

If you want to question his sources then feel free but I trust his sources over any of the regulars in here.

I think the insinuation that Herman concocted this story for clout is misguided. I think he indeed has his sources and is parroting what he was told.

Where I'm getting hung up is that Wyshynski, who is also reputable and has high level sources, gets statement from the team and Miller's agent denying the story and saying the puck was given to the trainer for safe keeping.

So what's the truth here? Are the Rangers and Miller's agent lying to do damage control? Does Miller just want to avoid being dragged into this? Are Adam's sources operating off of hearsay and don't have the exact picture?

I obviously don't know, but the sad thing is that the longer this goes on - the perception becomes less about how Deangelo is toxic so the team is cutting ties, and more about "is Tony D getting slandered?"

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Well, they could have done that anyway. But there may be no trade out there that they prefer to losing his cap hit entirely if they can manage that — and/or they may simply have wanted him away from the team ASAP and didn’t have a deal worked out prior to yesterday’s waiver deadline.

Oh I think that is the probability. Just saying that is the one scenario that might be out there to avoid that.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Clears waivers. Goes to rehab for social media addiction, gets counseling for anger management and whatever else is making him go tilt over world events.

maybe management can attend some common sense classes with an emphasis on basic mathematics.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I don’t think Wysh has better sources into NYR, he reported on what NYR PR told him, they obviously has incentive to spin this story. K’Andres agent don’t want drama so no way he’d go out confirming Adams story unless it’s more or less confirmed.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think the insinuation that Herman concocted this story for clout is misguided. I think he indeed has his sources and is parroting what he was told.

Where I'm getting hung up is that Wyshynski, who is also reputable and has high level sources, gets statement from the team and Miller's agent denying the story and saying the puck was given to the trainer for safe keeping.

So what's the truth here? Are the Rangers and Miller's agent lying to do damage control? Does Miller just want to avoid being dragged into this? Are Adam's sources operating off of hearsay and don't have the exact picture?

I obviously don't know, but the sad thing is that the longer this goes on - the perception becomes less about how Deangelo is toxic so the team is cutting ties, and more about "is Tony D getting slandered?"

I told myself I wouldn’t waste more time on this today and here I am at 8 am...

First of all, both things (DeAngelo being toxic to the team and some highly questionable reporting that appears to have recklessly dragged Miller into this) can be issues and worth talking about. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

The vast, vast majority of the fan base is on the same page that DeAngelo cannot continue to exist on the team. I don’t think “Is Tony D being slandered?” is going to be a credible story anywhere really...other than a few posts on here now and then.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I can't believe that people are using this as an excuse to bitch about the coaches and GMs rather than the obvious fact that DeAngelo is head case

As for leadership inthe locker room...I dunno I feel like some people think it's something where you just have a couple of vets and everything works out like it's baking a cake and adding an ingredient. It sounds like team leadership did try to manage the situation and when it became too much they said gtfo
I have issues with Quinn and to a way lesser extent the front office. I don't see Kreider as a captain. I was rooting for Tony. But I agree, this has nothing to do with anyone but ADA.

Unfortunately, modern discourse forces us to get entrenched in one camp before we have facts. Then its a battle to disprove and refute the facts as they emerge in an effort to maintain our original positions. There were some heinous accusations last night and for some reason there was a rush to judge with no facts. Why does it matter who was first in line to throw the stone?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Rangers went from one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year to one of the best (through 8 games). They’re significantly suppressing shots against to levels they’ve never done before yet you still have people crying about a lack of system. Agenda, much?

is your take a bit premature being the team isn’t winning and has yet to play the Caps, Bruins and Flyers? Not sure what to think of the Pens while i don’t think anybody was expecting the Sabres and Devils to be great while the Isles play better defense than offense.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY

Wysh is an idiot first and foremost. Aside from that, taking the word of the same people that buried the Lias story is not a great strategy. If you have a source within an organization that isnt benefitted by burying the story, thats who you go with. Obviously a team as big as the Rangers are trying to save face.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Wait if this is accurate, is there any blame on Georgiev? The way this board has been talking about him, he would have punched us in the face too. Why is Tony off the team for Georgiev punching him? Wtf if this is the case.

Um, because its extremely doubtful this wasn't the first occasion Tony got on Georgie or others in the room. Amongst many other things. Cmon. It's obvious the whole room has had issues with ADA, its been documented.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He won't play a minute in Hartford. They don't want him in that locker room any more than they want him in the Rangers' locker room. And there's virtually no chance he ever plays for the Rangers again.

I don't know if a termination is possible. Assuming that doesn't happen, I think the most likely scenario is that he is assigned to Hartford on paper and sent home, then in the offseason he is bought out.
yea, if they think he's toxic for the big boy club, he's going no where near the AHL club.

That's the awkward part, maybe they do try to terminate his contract or do they really just pay him to stay home?

Reactions: ArPanet

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Sheesh. The clip from 31 Thoughts about Tony is very telling. Friedman is asked by Marek if he's talked to anyone who is "standing up and defending DeAngelo" and Fridge response with basically "their only defense is 'This part isn't true' or 'that part isn't accurate." Basically zero support to say he's not the cause of all of this, just that the main issue is big enough at face value that all of the fringe rumors won't even matter as the full details come out.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I wonder if its possible that the Rangers or any NHL team could put behavioral stipulations into a contract.

Doubtful the CBA allows for it, but if Gorts found a loophole when resigning him on conditions he failed to meet that would be the work of a wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad