Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVII - Holding a Lead for Dummies (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I think ultimately what the management did is very selfish, stupid and unacceptable. The fans liked ADA, the fans did not know or needed to know any of ADA character issues. It is about the fans first. You don't waive a tradable asset, you suspend him for breaking team policies and you look to trade him and get some value in return to at least save face with the fans. Only an idiot GM would flat out waive a 60 point Dman. Last Dman that produced comparable numbers for Rangers was Leetch 20 years ago.

Bottom line they messed up and hotheadedly waived him, pretty much destroying his trade value. The management has to be punished for their impulsive decision. I propose the fans should boycott and not watch at least next 3-5 games.

Also I don't understand why ADA after scoring a ton of points for this coach last season had to fight for his job pretty much starting 1st or 2nd game.

ADA will thrive in a team that has strong leadership and high level and fair coaching staff.

Personally I will boycott this team until they hire a very good quality coaching staff. There is no cap on coaching staff, why doesn't one of the wealthiest organization spend more resources in areas where they are not limited like scouts, AHL and NHL coaching staffs, etc.
Insightful analysis.

Nothing has changed

Sigh...

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Meanwhile Wysh is known for his accuracy and investigative reporting and his great NYR sources? And NYR is known to be a transparent organisation that goes public with the truth about everything happening,..

Give me a break dude
At least he did ask Miller's agent about the incident.
If the supposed victim said it didn't happen, we should just ignore this fact and believe in Herman's article?

Reactions: DutchShamrock

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Sorry I don't have all the information, I don't know what actually happened or what happened prior. Yes he is apparently an ass on Twitter and shouldn't be talking about politics at work like the rest of us at least I don't.

I know he was fine last year, all of the sudden in the dog house to start the year. Is it because of stupid twitter or what? We can punch ppl on in the face bc we disagree over twitter?

Yes ADA wasn't smart, worry about your own business which is you as player and not politics that distract from that.

I'm just perplexed as to what could have possibly happened besides his Twitter in the room.

Georgiev sucks and shouldn't be allowed to punch anyone, where is the blame on him?

Why should we assume that he was "fine" last year? This has been brewing for a long time and this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Its over...no amount of twisting things around will change the fact that Tony has always been a problem in hockey. Its pretty sad that people are trying to build a case against Georgiev of all people for Tony being a total asshat all his life. Say it with me, "tony has always been an asshole, and this was destined to happen at some point because he's a donkey."

Alright whatever, I'm annoyed that this hurts the team. I feel like the point of winning hockey games is the number 1 criteria not a personality contest. You need some of those type of guys sometimes if directed at the other team. The Avery's of the world. Let's hope Fox can hold down the fort himself, we know Trouba stinks on the PP.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Pretty self explanatory I thought?

Had to research this. No sure if it’s even true regarding the puck. Had no idea.

All i saw was a subjective take on the Miller celebration in which everybody broke away yet a few said he skated away from Tony.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
no one is saying herman would never editorialize or hasn't but:

1. he absolutely has sources in the NYR org and in the press.

2. he has a lot more to lose than insiderrrs that can only tell you what "happened" like an hour after it happened.

3. basically every NYR beat has done exactly this at some point too, lol. Larry is the king of exactly this.
And as I said yesterday, Larry Brooks actually established a long career with a news outlet so he can get away with his nonsense these days. Even though I think many of us question a lot that he writes. Herman does not have that luxury. He never got that far, probably for a variety of reasons.

The problem here for Herman, and many on this board, is the personal hatred for Tony DeAngelo runs so deep that even when his agent and the New York Rangers come out and say otherwise, the natural response is to allude to some deep cover up by all parties involved. Like cmon. That is absurd. Meanwhile we have Herman and his anonymous sources, that some here believe he has, would run to Blueshirt Banter first to drop hot info too that would set the team ablaze. And the real issue is because of his deep hatred, he very likely took it at face value and ran with it without fact checking. Because he is a HACK.

I said many times yesterday, if some truth comes out about DeAngelo of this bullying behavior, then screw him, he can piss off. I still would not take bullying of a rookie or rookies and take it to the next level of calling him a racist. That is f***ing wild and inappropriate. But I would hate that the bullying was hurting the locker room unity.

I just find it all hard to believe that someone like Kreider would allow this to go on if it was so so bad. Kreider trains with a lot of these kids. Takes them under his wing. And is much bigger person than Tony. Lets just have some f***ing common sense.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
KAM (and/or his agent) has nothing to gain by confirming it even If its true.

I understand you respect Herman but this seems to be grasping at straws a bit. They were directly asked to comment and they denied the allegations. So basically you see him as guilty no matter what is said at this point with really no true evidence other than a rumor reported by Herman. That's not how guilt is normally determined in a free society.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Alright whatever, I'm annoyed that this hurts the team. I feel like the point of winning hockey games is the number 1 criteria not a personality contest. You need some of those type of guys sometimes if directed at the other team. The Avery's of the world. Let's hope Fox can hold down the fort himself, we know Trouba stinks on the PP.
So, why drag Georgiev into it?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
So you're grasping at one "possible" story and running with it with no proof. OK.

I'm not running with it, I said if accurate. I also said I have no idea what happened and there is more and more conflicting information.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
LOL @ Boycotting the Rangers. Go ahead, lol. I will praise them.

I want this hockey team to reach the pinnacle. It's much harder to do that when you a locker room cancer who is intentionally divisive towards his teammates.

I don't care if he had 100 points last season. Attitude and behavior matters, especially on the youngest team in the league. He's a toxic personality and given plenty of chances. This is totally on him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Re: Herman

Yes, he indeed has sources. Of that there is no doubt. I know people who know him. They say he's a likeable enough kid.

He does have a tendency to editorialize and get some of the details wrong, and I don't know if he's considered someone on the short list of information for them. But I'm confident he gets a good feed.

The question is whether the puck story was hearsay that was passed down, whether it is true but covered up, and/or whether it was purposefully floated to see where it shows up.

Right now, I suspect there's at least an element of that third part.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I'm not running with it, I said if accurate. I also said I have no idea what happened and there is more and more conflicting information.
Yes, but you latched on to one of many possibilities. Given that Tony was waived by the NYR I have to think he was the instigator of the incident.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I understand you respect Herman but this seems to be grasping at straws a bit. They were directly asked to comment and they denied the allegations. So basically you see him as guilty no matter what is said at this point with really no true evidence other than a rumor reported by Herman. That's not how guilt is normally determined in a free society.
Tell me why KAMs agent would confirm it? Let’s assume Adams story is correct, humor me. What does K’Andre gain If his agent goes out and confirms the story before the team comments on it? Or after the team denies it? It would hurt his client so he has no incentive to confirm the story even If its true

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
KAM (and/or his agent) has nothing to gain by confirming it even If its true.
It would give him a huge platform around the league to discuss bullying, racial issues.
I don't know if he is that type of person that would enjoy this spotlight, but I don't think he confirming this puck story would be this loss-loss situation

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Any agent isn't going to speak before the team does, unless the player wants to speak out first.

It's perfectly normal for the agent to just give PR fluff until the team says something first, and then the player/agent come out with supporting statement.
This

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Sorry I don't have all the information, I don't know what actually happened or what happened prior. Yes he is apparently an ass on Twitter and shouldn't be talking about politics at work like the rest of us at least I don't.

I know he was fine last year, all of the sudden in the dog house to start the year. Is it because of stupid twitter or what? We can punch ppl on in the face bc we disagree over twitter?

Yes ADA wasn't smart, worry about your own business which is you as player and not politics that distract from that.

I'm just perplexed as to what could have possibly happened besides his Twitter in the room.

Georgiev sucks and shouldn't be allowed to punch anyone, where is the blame on him?

Everyone is hyperfocused on just his Twitter, as if that's the only place this dude can voice his opinions and as if that's the only way the organization/the team interacts with him.

"Perplexed as to what could have possibly happened besides Twitter"? A lot considering there is life outside of Twitter, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad