Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think the outlook is necessarily terrible in terms of "oh, we have to win now because we're just gonna be terrible when so and so decline."

Edstrom, Rempe, Sykora, Berard, Cuylle, and Othmann is a nice core of players that know what they are and will help us form an identity. I know people will say "it's a bottom six" but I think at least one of them breaks out and becomes more. We could bring back Panarin on a more team-friendly deal, and Trocheck is a moneypuck 1C. Lafreniere is progressing. The 1B at worst best defenseman on Earth isn't going anywhere. Perreault is going to be legit. BMB will probably be a player.

We need to start adding more centers to the pipeline and fix the defense around Fox. Get a LD to replace Lindgren and mail Trouba to Mars.

Maybe in two or so years this is your lineup:

Lafreniere-Trocheck-Perreault
Panarin-Edstrom-Othmann
Kreider-BMB-Sykora
Berard-Somebody-Rempe

Miller-Fox
XXXX-Schneider (or flip those if you prefer)
Fortescue-XXXX

I would like to keep Kreider around and maybe Kakko is in the fold. I'm not interested in arguing, it's just an exercise. If Chytil is a still a thing, great, but I'm planning on him not being a thing just in case.

Two clear holes on defense and I think they could use another scorer. 3RD is easy. Go on EvolvingHockey and find a guy good at analytics. 4C is easy because it's 4C.

They have to get rid of Trouba and Zibanejad. It's run its course.
troub has to go next year, b'c cap
mean time he can go to 4RW IF IF IF IF we get adequate RD

could do BMB to ANA for Helleson
could do acceptable ____ to MON for Barron

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Edstrom and Rempe are already NHL players, Cuylle is already a good NHL player, Othmann is close, and if Perreault isn't a first line winger I give up.

I'm expecting the others to be third and fourth liners in this scenario.
PTSD from when we all (myself included) had Dane Byers and Marc-Andre Cliche penciled in our our guaranteed 3rd line wingers of the future.

It's so hard to tell. I'm super excited about Berard & Sykora, but it's entirely possible that neither of them play 100 games in the NHL.

(...that being said, I will be pissed if either is traded for a rental this deadline).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@Machinehead I’ve seen enough can’t-miss prospects over the last ten years. :laugh:
PTSD from when we all (myself included) had Dane Byers and Marc-Andre Cliche penciled in our our guaranteed 3rd line wingers of the future.

It's so hard to tell. I'm super excited about Berard & Sykora, but it's entirely possible that neither of them play 100 games in the NHL.

(...that being said, I will be pissed if either is traded for a rental this deadline).
It'll be fine, trust me. We have a good record of developing role players into NHL contributors.

It's Perreault you should be worried about if anyone.

He would be breaking moulds.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m not sure “NHL contributor” = top-six forward.
Lines don't matter anyway.

But who do I have in there?

Lafreniere? Already is.

Cuylle, who I forgot to list, but he should be in there? Already is tbh.

The only stretch in that whole lineup is Edstrom or maybe BMB making it. The others will be NHL players.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lines don't matter anyway.

But who do I have in there?

Lafreniere? Already is.

Cuylle, who I forgot to list, but he should be in there? Already is tbh.

The only stretch in that whole lineup is Edstrom or maybe BMB making it. The others will be NHL players.
I could make a whole roster of prospects who were supposed to be NHL players.

Or, or, if it makes you feel better, take that lineup and put Pettersson in it.
That’s true that you could supplement the roster from outside, probably free agency knowing this franchise.

I have a few thoughts.
Is Vancouver going to want Zibanejad at his age?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I could make a whole roster of prospects who were supposed to be NHL players.

That’s true that you could supplement the roster from outside, probably free agency knowing this franchise.

Is Vancouver going to want Zibanejad at his age?
Give a 1st to one of the cap floor teams if necessary.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
For Pettersson, I put everything in the organization not named Fox on the table.
I agree 100%, there are enough untouchables for him aside from Fox. If we are lucky we convince Zibanejad to go play with van.

We’d have to move something huge salary wise.
Jacob trouba, you are the weakest link. Goodbye. Plus with Fil uncertain future that's another 4.5M. Goodrow is 3.6 which is an obvious choice to get rid of through buyout. Rangers could open space pretty easily.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think we have to move Trouba. He can still net us a decent return. He’s way too immobile. It’s going to get worse.

Move Trouba for futures then Pettrrsson is a possibility.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ill ask you guys this. If say Trochek or Zibanejad get hurt in playoffs
1708985717222.jpeg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
and if mcdavid gets hurt who replaces him?
When good players go down, teams get worse.
Oil have Draisaitl, RNH, MacLeod, Ryan, Janmark can play c Lavoie in the minors etc. For us not even the good players, what if Brodzinski gets hurt?

Crickets

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If Peterson was really available Zib would have to go back imo as the cap would be needed. So a package for him would for me be,
Zib, 1st, jones,Perrault (whom i wouldn't include in any other type of trade but since we're getting an elite center i would), and Goodrow to the moon for cap dump. I'm not sure that gets it done but that would be my offer, a signed Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino