Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I think we have to move Trouba. He can still net us a decent return. He’s way too immobile. It’s going to get worse.

Move Trouba for futures then Pettrrsson is a possibility.
Arizona does not have one defenseman signed for next season .
As soon as his limited NTC kicks in, trade him to Utah.
My guess is Bill Armstrong will have to ice a competitive product to keep the new city interested.
Trouba has name value and is an excellent off-ice Captain.

Reactions: turcotte8

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That's a ridiculous statement. Who are you replacing him with? How much money will that player cost?

This is like saying you need to replace the steering wheel in a car hit by an 18 wheeler that is missing the entire engine and front half of the car. Sure, you need a new steering wheel, but it’s not exactly priority 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…..well you get the point

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s not panicking. It’s roster/asset management and I don’t love it. We don’t want to necessarily trade a first, we don’t want to trade Perrault or Othmann; we certainly don’t want to give Kakko a raise; the writing in kind of on the wall here. Kakko probably goes for a center, we rent a RW for top six; and next season Othmann comes up. It’s kind of inevitable at this point
It is NOT any type of GOOD roster/asset mgmt

We do NOT have to make any of those moves

Reactions: mas0764

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The best moves this offseason are pretty simple honestly and well within the realm of possibility.

Trade Lindgren to Arizona or Buffalo
Trade Troubadour to Detroit
Sign Forsling or Hanifan to a long term deal
Sign Dillon or OEL to a 1-2 year deal

Recoup some assets from the trades above to help backfill the organization, even if it’s a group of 2nd rounders and depth prospects

If Drury is really considering doing the above this offseason I could get behind big game hunting for a center at this deadline but IT NEEDS TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS HERE A WHILE.
Trade Lindgren to Arizona or Buffalo YES
Trade Troubadour to Detroit YES
Sign Forsling or Hanifan to a long term deal NO
Sign Dillon or OEL to a 1-2 year deal NO

Defense improves by trading Miller
earth to Bizzaro
earth to Bizzaro ............

Vesey is a cheap, very cheap, 4th liner with 12 goals that can play anywhere in the lineup, PK and actually score 5v5 PLUS he's cost controlled for this season and next. There's no way you trade him PLUS a 4th for 2nd in a shit draft. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've seen from you and you have some doozies.
you want to play it safe and keep what you've got

best case scenario, more of the status quo = more of the status quo

the SHREWD move here, the one that takes balls, is to sell high

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
#2 on the team in xGA/60 (behind Fox)

#1 on the team in HDCA/60, and he’s #1 by a lot.

It humors me that these anti Miller people are normally pro Lindgren/Trouba.

Those guys actually suck.
The amount of Rangers fans willing to dump this kid after his first real up-and-down season at 24 years old is hilariously sad. People just remember a few glaring mistakes and forget all of the other good aspects of his game. A lot of the high goals against were also coming when Igor was going through his brutal stretch.

I also loved the bit where he was with Schneider. That pairing was really good together

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The problem with KAM IMO… he tries to lure people into traps and he gets beat time to time

The two back checks were bad. He was there but started coasting instead of getting completely in the lane.

he’s easily our 2nd best defender and he just turned 24. He still has untapped potential. Trading him would be about as brain dead as it gets imo

He needs to play with Fox so we could have a true top pairing. Lindgren and or Trouba need to be upgraded.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The amount of Rangers fans willing to dump this kid after his first real up-and-down season at 24 years old is hilariously sad. People just remember a few glaring mistakes and forget all of the other good aspects of his game. A lot of the high goals against were also coming when Igor was going through his brutal stretch.

I also loved the bit where he was with Schneider. That pairing was really good together

Defense is better with out him lmao.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Dunno why but feeling confident that Drury will somehow pull off a good deadline; plug some holes decently without giving up a 1st, Othmann or Perrault.
Yup
Kane and Tarasenko - big ticket guys that displaced top 6 and the team ended flat.

Prior year - bargain bin guys that the coach can deploy wherever needed, that's the recipe

Defense is better with out him lmao.

Dude he plays against the top line most nights lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad