Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Peterson was really available Zib would have to go back imo as the cap would be needed. So a package for him would for me be,
Zib, 1st, jones,Perrault (whom i wouldn't include in any other type of trade but since we're getting an elite center i would), and Goodrow to the moon for cap dump. I'm not sure that gets it done but that would be my offer, a signed Peterson.

I’d offer Mika, Miller, Jones, Berard, 1st in 2024 and 1st in 2025 for Pettersson

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaBlueShirt

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If Peterson was really available Zib would have to go back imo as the cap would be needed. So a package for him would for me be,
Zib, 1st, jones,Perrault (whom i wouldn't include in any other type of trade but since we're getting an elite center i would), and Goodrow to the moon for cap dump. I'm not sure that gets it done but that would be my offer, a signed Peterson.
I'd say the only part of that package the Nucks really want would be Gabe (and the 1st but it's a very low one)

Probably try Miller, Gabe, 1st, Kakko or Othmann, and something else around salary and/or a B prospect

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I am telling you to just hold on, Evgeny Grachev will be our scoring winger of the future
After the last five years I’m never getting excited about a prospect again.

I'd say the only part of that package the Nucks really want would be Gabe (and the 1st but it's a very low one)

Probably try Miller, Gabe, 1st, Kakko or Othmann, and something else around salary and/or a B prospect
They’d need to clear $12M in cap space.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
OR
we don't panic, ae smart, and make do w/Brodz for now
It’s not panicking. It’s roster/asset management and I don’t love it. We don’t want to necessarily trade a first, we don’t want to trade Perrault or Othmann; we certainly don’t want to give Kakko a raise; the writing in kind of on the wall here. Kakko probably goes for a center, we rent a RW for top six; and next season Othmann comes up. It’s kind of inevitable at this point

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Our ship probably sailed not getting EP40 two years ago when we were interested in him. Can’t imagine we’d have anything remotely close to what they want unless we can pull off a Huberdeau/Tkachuk like swap. Mika isn’t waiving for Vancouver, so there’s that.

No clue where he’d want to sign, but the best fits on paper seem like teams in the Central; maybe Carolina? We know Dallas has been looking for RHD options to slot behind Hronek forever. I’d imagine they’d want a young C back too to offset losing EP, whether that’s a young NHL player now, or top prospect.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Do some Ranger fans still want Chychrun? He's had a Nemeth level bad first period vs Wash. Horrible IQ.

Reactions: surlysailor

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The best moves this offseason are pretty simple honestly and well within the realm of possibility.

Trade Lindgren to Arizona or Buffalo
Trade Troubadour to Detroit
Sign Forsling or Hanifan to a long term deal
Sign Dillon or OEL to a 1-2 year deal

Recoup some assets from the trades above to help backfill the organization, even if it’s a group of 2nd rounders and depth prospects

If Drury is really considering doing the above this offseason I could get behind big game hunting for a center at this deadline but IT NEEDS TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS HERE A WHILE.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean the decision on Lindgren was always going to be coming up, and it's coming up fast. They got the 3 year bridge to take him to his final RFA year.

Every day we get closer without an extension looks more like an offseason trade.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
we should get more than that.
I said like him + a 4th for 2nd
something-ish like that

Vesey is a cheap, very cheap, 4th liner with 12 goals that can play anywhere in the lineup, PK and actually score 5v5 PLUS he's cost controlled for this season and next. There's no way you trade him PLUS a 4th for 2nd in a shit draft. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've seen from you and you have some doozies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad