Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5088.png
IMG_5088.png

Rangers Roster Building thread
Part 9
IMG_5130.gif
IMG_5292.jpeg

IMG_5231.jpeg

Previous thread..
Roster Building Thread - Part VIII (2023-24 season)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the Blues were to retain 50% on Kevin Hayes, do you think they could get more than a 1st?

Playing 13 minutes a night and seems to be having a decent year. 13 of his 19 points are at ES.

Could be a good option for the 3rd line RW

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If the Blues were to retain 50% on Kevin Hayes, do you think they could get more than a 1st?

Playing 13 minutes a night and seems to be having a decent year. 13 of his 19 points are at ES.

Could be a good option for the 3rd line RW
Hayes is not a winger....they tried that when he was here and it didn't work.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Happy New Year everyone! Best wishes to all you snd your families for a great 2024

@pld459666 sorry didn’t get the chance to reply to your post before the thread was closed. My issue with spending a ton on Lindholm is that he won’t fill a role here that’s worth the cost barring an injury to Mika or Trocheck. You’d be paying top dollar for a guy that won’t be supplant either of those two at 5v5 or on special teams. That’s why I mentioned someone like Sillinger or Zary who can fit perfectly into the 3C spot and grow with the younger core. Both add a u22 C that just doesn’t exist in the system right now.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Happy New Year everyone! Best wishes to all you snd your families for a great 2024

@pld459666 sorry didn’t get the chance to reply to your post before the thread was closed. My issue with spending a ton on Lindholm is that he won’t fill a role here that’s worth the cost barring an injury to Mika or Trocheck. You’d be paying top dollar for a guy that won’t be supplant either of those two at 5v5 or on special teams. That’s why I mentioned someone like Sillinger or Zary who can fit perfectly into the 3C spot and grow with the younger core. Both add a u22 C that just doesn’t exist in the system right now.
No team is moving a young center without something heavy in return.
Both those teams are still mid rebuild, and moving a young center is entirely against that concept.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just to go completely bonkers, lets say Tampa is dangling Stamkos, and the Rangers can basically do something like an MSL trade 2.0 (first this year, lottery protected first in one of the next two years, 2027 second; I'm not giving up Perrault/Othmann/Edstrom/Fortescue) what say y'all?

Chytil comes back and plays on a third line with Stamkos and Cullye. Kakko and Wheeler can figure out the other wing stuff with one on the first and the other in over Pitlick.

This is Sather-esque booking. Just curious.

Reactions: egelband

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think even if Chytil progresses and shows a chance of coming back with a month or two left in the season they'll just keep him on LTIR till the playoffs.

Lindgren has lost a step in the hockey IQ department this year. It's why he keeps taking big hits more than usual, and why you don't see him as the person laying a nice hit so much anymore. He is behind the play developing even more - which has always been an issue for him in the offensive zone but he made up for it by being very solid defensively, but he is a step behind there so he gets his pair hemmed in more often. Make the good play, and then get the puck to Fox for the zone exit into offense - that was formula forever, but he struggles with that now.

Maybe it is a blip and he'll fix it, which is about all I can hope for because I seriously doubt this team would move on from him midseason.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think even if Chytil progresses and shows a chance of coming back with a month or two left in the season they'll just keep him on LTIR till the playoffs.

Lindgren has lost a step in the hockey IQ department this year. It's why he keeps taking big hits more than usual, and why you don't see him as the person laying a nice hit so much anymore. He is behind the play developing even more - which has always been an issue for him in the offensive zone but he made up for it by being very solid defensively, but he is a step behind there so he gets his pair hemmed in more often. Make the good play, and then get the puck to Fox for the zone exit into offense - that was formula forever, but he struggles with that now.

Maybe it is a blip and he'll fix it, which is about all I can hope for because I seriously doubt this team would move on from him midseason.
Lindgren's tenure hear is directly tied to Fortescue. They may even overlap for a year or two.

There is no one who will take up as much ice time in the interim unless it's a Hanafin RomCom.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why is everyone so desperate to move Chytil to wing?

Reliability is oftentimes the best ability.

Chytil as a consistent every day player is starting to become going concern and I believe Hayes at 1.8 would be an asset to play on his line and or in place of FC.

And at 1.8 per, I'd be more than fine with the production from Hayes if he shifted back to RW, but from now until FC gets back, Hayes is a better option than Bonino/Pitlick/Goodrow.

• Love

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Why is everyone so desperate to move Chytil to wing?
So he can play 7 games there instead of 3 at C before he's back on LTIR.

Chytil as a consistent every day player is starting to become going concern and I believe Hayes at 1.8 would be an asset to play on his line and or in place of FC.

And at 1.8 per, I'd be more than fine with the production from Hayes if he shifted back to RW, but from now until FC gets back, Hayes is a better option than Bonino/Pitlick/Goodrow.
Don't want Kevin Hayes anywhere near my lockeroom.
But that's me. And Torts.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Go Rangers

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

I dont disagree with you, but we also had serious concerns about Mika's ability to stay healthy.
Mika turned a corner once he added a few more lbs and finally completely filled out.
Chytil hasn't turned that corner yet.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I dont disagree with you, but we also had serious concerns about Mika's ability to stay healthy.
Mika turned a corner once he added a few more lbs and finally completely filled out.
Chytil hasn't turned that corner yet.
If I remember correctly, Mika didn't have concussion issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad