Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'd be shocked if nothing noteworthy happened for NYR tomorrow, because my understanding is that we will know by 5PM tomorrow* what the decision with the Strome qualifier is.

Whether there are major trades remains to be seen but that's a big looming decision. Also, any attempt to recoup either of our missing 2nd rounders can wait another day potentially.
Weds.

Brooksie clarified that the deadline had been pushed back a day from the original date specified in the MOU.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm shocked that no one has brought up the uncertain status of Dawson Leedahl and Brandon Crawley with regard to their QO.

I need an ITK to tell me about whether or not Raddysh will be qualified.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
It's amazing how spoiled we've become as Ranger fans. Myself VERY much included. I feel like I deserve constant action & superstars just dying to play here. The problem is that it's partially true.

We get more action than most teams, but that doesn't leave us satisfied. 1OA? Nice. 1OA + 23 year old superstar? Now that will hold me over for at LEAST the next 2 weeks.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This gif has been used so many times since JG took over that it should be tattooed on his XL forehead
And it's great bc the guy keeps his cards so close that no one really knows what the hell he's going to do. So much better for business than the days of constant leaks. That's why it raises such an eyebrow when there are leaks and the main stream insiders are sharing info like on Eichel. That kind of stuff only gets out there if he wants it to, bc I doubt buffalo wants to leak that they "hypothetically" offer JE to NYR. You don't leak that your franchise cornerstone is "hypothetically" being offered in a trade, you just don't do it. Gorts just helping make an uninspiring situation more uncomfortable which is a strategic tactic.

Reactions: egelband

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
It's amazing how spoiled we've become as Ranger fans. Myself VERY much included. I feel like I deserve constant action & superstars just dying to play here. The problem is that it's partially true.

We get more action than most teams, but that doesn't leave us satisfied. 1OA? Nice. 1OA + 23 year old superstar? Now that will hold me over for at LEAST the next 2 weeks.
Last year it was Trouba, Fox, Igor, Panarin, Kakko and McKegg. Tough to beat.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
And it's great bc the guy keeps his cards so close that no one really knows what the hell he's going to do. So much better for business than the days of constant leaks. That's why it raises such an eyebrow when there are leaks and the main stream insiders are sharing info like on Eichel. That kind of stuff only gets out there if he wants it to, bc I doubt buffalo wants to leak that they "hypothetically" offer JE to NYR. You don't leak that your franchise cornerstone is "hypothetically" being offered in a trade, you just don't do it

"Leaks get out there only if a GM wants it too"

This tactic is as old as the hills and agreed it's better for business.

That said..There's nothing ground breaking here so I'm not sure why it comes as such a surprise to some.

What GM is going to actively leak all their info while "negotiating" ?

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Last year it was Trouba, Fox, Igor, Panarin, Kakko and McKegg. Tough to beat.

McKegg really was the cherry, wasn't he?

Lol

But thats what I mean, Trouba and Fox both demanded to play here. Only here. Panarin took less $$ to play here. That's just the tip of the iceberg of the privilege we have as Ranger fans. That being said, I am well aware of it and I hope it never ends. Let's go Michael Eichel, tell the world where you want to play buddy!!

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Talks about an impending major trade.

Early tomorrow, my 7-year-old brother is about to trade his lunch snack for a Pikachu pokémon card at school.

Edit: he is 17 years younger than me if anyone wonders how old I am :D
I've a brother 17 years younger than me too. Gives me hope that in case I don't have children, someone will come to visit me at the nursing home in my final years. :laugh::wally:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
"Leaks get out there only if a GM wants it too"

This tactic is as old as the hills and agreed it's better for business.

That said..There's nothing ground breaking here so I'm not sure why it comes as such a surprise to some.

What GM is going to actively leak all their info while "negotiating" ?
I mean the history of prior general managers and their group leaking to everyone is highlighted just from how often people say that gorts runs a tight ship and there's no leaks. Before it was almost like the press brief knew what was going to happen before the GM did. Now everybody's pretty much held in the dark waiting to know what's going on. If it weren't for the insider guys that we have on this board what the heck would we all know is going on? We would have absolutely no idea. That to me highlights a difference. Gorts seems very much from the school of Uncle Lou in the fact that he doesn't want things and negotiations getting out into the media and being done that way

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
We're getting Alexis Lafrenierre tomorrow.

We also have a good chance to land a player like Lapierre, Bourque or Mysak at #22.

It's a good day

Yeah something major is gonna happen tomorrow no matter what...even if there are no trades :)

Reactions: Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad