Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
JG is looking out for us by not rushing to make deals...the season might not start till Jan. if all the deals get done today what are we going to do for the next 2 months? pay attention at work without distractions? no thanks...I appreciate you jeff

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I'm a good 60+ pages behind in reading. I take a couple of days for a couple of rounds of golf and then play catch up all week LOL.....have I missed any Ranger deals today so far which will save me the misery of reading the last 32 pages ?

Reactions: NYRangers16

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Anderson's a winger and eh do we need one of those? I'd kinda rather let Gauthier and Kravtsov compete for that spot then use assets to acquire Anderson, coming off of an injury, and sign him to a big deal

e: he's obviously far far far more proven than Gauthier but maybe it makes sense to see if Gauthier can work towards being somewhat like Anderson with his size and skill

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Anderson's a winger and eh do we need one of those? I'd kinda rather let Gauthier and Kravtsov compete for that spot then use assets to acquire Anderson, coming off of an injury, and sign him to a big deal

e: he's obviously far far far more proven than Gauthier but maybe it makes sense to see if Gauthier can work towards being somewhat like Anderson with his size and skill

If we trade Buchnevich then absolutely we'd need to bring in a RW. Even if we don't trade him we could probably use another veteran guy on the right-side. Losing Fast is tough and Gauthier might not be ready for top-9 minutes yet even though he looked really good in the play-in games.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Im sure its already been discussed and theres probably a slim chance they trade in divison. But TDA to Philly makes some sense. Niskanan retiring, Tony fills a need, and its his hometown team. What return would get it done from Phillys end?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If we trade Buchnevich then absolutely we'd need to bring in a RW. Even if we don't trade him we could probably use another veteran guy on the right-side. Losing Fast is tough and Gauthier might not be ready for top-9 minutes yet even though he looked really good in the play-in games.

Yeah I'd just honestly pick up some low cost replacements and work in the youth rather than move for a guy like Anderson. He feels like a piece you add when your core is solidly built and you're adding that extra piece, not when you're still developing some guys and seeing what you have

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
ITKs right now holding on to their nuggets of information:

ef3928ea4babb797fa8758bf7757fb3a.gif

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah I'd just honestly pick up some low cost replacements and work in the youth rather than move for a guy like Anderson. He feels like a piece you add when your core is solidly built and you're adding that extra piece, not when you're still developing some guys and seeing what you have

Yeah I can appreciate that line of thinking. For me it would come down to acquisition cost, cost for his new deal, and what his medical outlook was. He's a hard player to find. Someone who plays with a real edge who can actually play up and down your lineup. Those guys are few and far between in today's NHL.

I know he was trying to cash-in big time on his last deal and ended up taking a bridge. So I gotta think he'd be expensive to re-sign. So that's a turn-off for me.

Reactions: egelband

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn't Columbus want a stupid amount for him? Or am I thinking of someone else.
They did. They also traded Vegas a 1st rounder to NOT pick him during expansion draft.

This would be a disaster. David Clarkson 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad