Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXI - We are in The End Game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The rule is the paperwork must be filed before 5PM. After the paperwork is filed the player must be put on unconditional waivers at the next available opportunity. Meaning Smith could actually go on waivers Thursday if the paperwork is filed today after the Noon waiver deadline.
You da man

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
How much cap space do we have if we buyout literally everyone on the team

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We can easily fit Tony and Lemieux then and maybe add a depth D man.

There you go GMJG...We fixed it, good job board...Next ! :thumbu:

The only problem here is that you're only allowed 3 buyouts outside the regular period over the course of the CBA, so we'd have to wait until June to buy out almost all of those 40+ contracts.

It really is the only problem.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
The only problem here is that you're only allowed 3 buyouts outside the regular period over the course of the CBA, so we'd have to wait until June to buy out almost all of those 40+ contracts.

It really is the only problem.

FML... Nevermind :( Back to square one board..

Reactions: Tawnos

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
About the only thing we can be sure of is that there is something percolating other than a straight buyout.

There wouldn’t be this much drama if we were ever just saying thanks for playing, drive home safely to one of the 3S group.
I would imagine Gorton has deals on the table that he can pull the trigger on at a moments notice. It’s just a matter of palatability versus a buyout. He’s always been a patient GM. I imagine he’s waiting to see if any of those offers get upped before pulling the buyout trigger. It might also determine who gets bought out. If there are truly no acceptable offers on the table by the time 5 rolls around, you’d have to imagine Shattenkirk is the buyout. If someone steps up their offer and we can move salary, maybe Staal or Smith gets the axe.

Reactions: egelband

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Earlier I legitimately did think the board was crashing, but then I realized it was just our office's internet and I needed to go reset the router.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland