Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXI - We are in The End Game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Also, the QOs expired. I don't see a reason why either player would accept a QO at this point.
To be fair, Gorton also has zero incentive to offer more than their QOs if he's solely looking at one year deals for each player. The players have no leverage here, and it's a shame, because I wish we had the cap space to take the risk on giving ADA a long-term contract at a mid-level AAV.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Isn’t fox wearing 88? That’s what he was wearing in prospect camp. Don’t think by coincidence

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
To be fair, Gorton also has zero incentive to offer more than their QOs if he's solely looking at one year deals for each player. The players have no leverage here, and it's a shame, because I wish we had the cap space to take the risk on giving ADA a long-term contract at a mid-level AAV.

I wonder if he's just been telling them to remain patient while they work out their cap issues.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wonder if he's just been telling them to remain patient while they work out their cap issues.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. From how he comes off, he seems pretty straightforward about what his intentions are with each player. I also think it's the fair thing to do given the situation.

Reactions: Tawnos

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
I can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoy the business side of the NHL as much as I enjoy the games
Didn't mean it that way, I too enjoy the business side. Was just annoyed by countdowns and people getting anxious/angry that moves weren't completed yet

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Sorry guys--I meant to write a bunch of no bodies claiming Staal going on waivers.

MODS changed to message about CK to CBJ and Shatty BO--which I didn't want to put his twitter name.

My bad at work and was just passing on some random twitter reads when I knew it was getting close to the countdown.

I put myself in the sin bin for 2 minutes and feel shame...

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sorry guys--I meant to write a bunch of no bodies claiming Staal going on waivers.

MODS changed to message about CK to CBJ and Shatty BO--which I didn't want to put his twitter name.

My bad at work and was just passing on some random twitter reads when I knew it was getting close to the countdown.

I put myself in the sin bin for 2 minutes and feel shame...

Should have been a suspension, imo. Ever since NYR2K2, SBOB and TRX retired, this place has become a Brazilian Prison.

I can't even buy an infraction here any more. I have to go to the main boards for that.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
88 didn't feel random to me for Fox. I get that normally they assign rookies some random-ass number, but I didn't get that sense here. Like Kravstov getting 74.

Hopefully he asks Eric Lindros if it's ok.
Poor Eric probably doesn't even remember playing here anymore. :(

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
88 didn't feel random to me for Fox. I get that normally they assign rookies some random-ass number, but I didn't get that sense here. Like Kravstov getting 74.

Hopefully he asks Eric Lindros if it's ok.

Hahaha. Leafs fans being upset Nylander uses "Lindros' number" is th most ridiculous thing this off season

Reactions: NewLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad