Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXI - We are in The End Game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wonder about something like Trevor Daley for Shattenkirk and a 4th would work. Half the contract for this year and then Daley becomes ufa. Just spitballing

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The benefit of buying out Shattenkirk is two-fold: 1) it provides us enough space to bring in ADA and Lemieux at their QOs and 2) it gives us a bit of wiggle room to bring in the veteran D to help Staal mentor the yoots, DAN GIRARDI.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The benefit of buying out Shattenkirk is two-fold: 1) it provides us enough space to bring in ADA and Lemieux at their QOs and 2) it gives us a bit of wiggle room to bring in the veteran D to help Staal mentor the yoots, DAN GIRARDI.

2 of the 5 UFA RDs that played in the NHL last year are Girardi and McQuaid. This board would have a collective mental breakdown if they signed either one.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Please buyout Staal. Please buyout Staal. Please buyout Staal.

And what's the second move to get us cap compliant?

I was actually playing around with CapFriendly today, if we bought out Staal we could trade Fast and bury Smith and Beleskey, then re-sign Tony D and Lemieux for $1.4m and $900k respectively. The money works out. But the bonuses would be tight, then. And you'd have to have the trade already in place for Fast, otherwise you leave yourself open to massive risk. I'd be shocked if they went this route. I'd bet the house on a Shattenkirk buyout.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
How much exactly needs to be cleared, factoring in ADA and Lemieux?

Based on my post above the numbers I came to when messing around with CapFriendly earlier were about $4m if you bury Smith and Beleskey in the AHL. Closer to $5m if Smith stays in the NHL. Assuming ADA and Lemieux sign for about $2.5m total.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
2 of the 5 UFA RDs that played in the NHL last year are Girardi and McQuaid. This board would have a collective mental breakdown if they signed either one.

I think he said it in jest. At least I hope he did.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd dump Shattenkirk--wait for better returns on Namestnikov and Kreider which are more likely to happen during the season.

If we brought in a cheap RD I wouldn't have a problem with McQuaid--at least as long as he's over his injury.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'd dump Shattenkirk--wait for better returns on Namestnikov and Kreider which are more likely to happen during the season.

If we brought in a cheap RD I wouldn't have a problem with McQuaid--at least as long as he's over his injury.
I’d rather buyout Staal or Smith and give away Namestnikov or Strome for peanuts. The only player that’s worth holding out for better value is Kreider.

Reactions: Tawnos

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I’d rather buyout Staal or Smith and give away Namestnikov or Strome for peanuts. The only player that’s worth holding out for better value is Kreider.

But what happens if we buyout Staal and nobody will take Strome or Namestnikov even for a late pick, just to spite us? Now we aren't cap compliant and can't buy anyone else out to get under the cap. What's the move then?

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
But what happens if we buyout Staal and nobody will take Strome or Namestnikov even for a late pick, just to spite us? Now we aren't cap compliant and can't buy anyone else out to get under the cap. What's the move then?
Hire Tonya Harding as a skating coach :booboo::wally: LTIR... Fire Tonya Harding..Ez

Last edited:

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
It's all over the place--twitter blowing up that Staal is being Waived.

[MOD]

Buckle up for the next few hours.....Click click BOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad