Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2021 Offseason) - “You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I hate playing the “insiderrr” schtick but I have a decent source that indicates Wild may be in on Eichel.

Either way there will definitely be a number of suitors. Should be interesting to watch.

There will be ALOT of teams in.. The question is A who can afford him and pay the price.. Rangers, Kings probably top that list.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think he's probably going to get overpaid for what his value actually is. He'd be a fine player to have but you could probably get a similar player for less than what he will command.

Thats possible. I do have him getting a raise, but I'm not sure its over 2M per

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Minnesota is such a weird team. Every time that I think they should sell off and rebuild, they come back looking like a contender.

Matt Boldy would make a great centerpiece in a deal back for Eichel or Zibanejad. They would look like a really solid team with a top line center in the fold.

Reactions: egelband

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Depending on the moves made, the Rangers may be able to add Eichel via trade AND add solid depth guys like Oleksiak and Martinook. If the plan is to trade Zibanejad and Buch, along with Smith leaving there is cap room available.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Depending on the moves made, the Rangers may be able to add Eichel via trade AND add solid depth guys like Oleksiak and Martinook. If the plan is to trade Zibanejad and Buch, along with Smith leaving there is cap room available.

I dont think it makes any sense to trade for Eichel if it leads to Zibanejad leaving. I believe they can afford both (especially since some of the kids fans likely have earmarked for deals (IE Kakko) will be in the deal if they do it. I did capfriendly and I have the Rangers with both Eichel/Zibanejad some solid depth guys and I still have 7M roll over to next year (for Zibanejad and Fox raises)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
YES. I have wanted this guy for years. He will run headfirst into a brick wall for the team.
always been a fan of his type of game. with Rangers Jackets connection, he would def fit this type of new style Rangers want to play. more in your face type of game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I dont think it makes any sense to trade for Eichel if it leads to Zibanejad leaving. I believe they can afford both (especially since some of the kids fans likely have earmarked for deals (IE Kakko) will be in the deal if they do it. I did capfriendly and I have the Rangers with both Eichel/Zibanejad some solid depth guys and I still have 7M roll over to next year (for Zibanejad and Fox raises)

I think the concern is not so much next year, it's the year after that. I am also praying to all things holy that Drury isn't silly enough to trade Kaako

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
very good on face offs too (another thing we suck at). I dont know if Rangers are going to pay 4M+ for a 3rd line center tho with all the contracts they have coming up
he checks all the boxes. rangers would be stupid to not check the status of his availability. good team guy too. he fills a need. i would not mind paying that if it fills a need. not to just overpay for the next big fish Eichel. sadly the Panthers are in the playoffs, wanted Barkov

Radek Faksa is another low radar type of name the Rangers could be interested in

Reactions: Lundsanity30

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think the concern is not so much next year, it's the year after that. I am also praying to all things holy that Drury isn't silly enough to trade Kaako

Kakko is different, but I've seen people have future contracts for Chytil, Kravtsov, etc already and are saving money for them which I think is crazy especially if we have Panarin, Kreider (he's signed), Lafraniere and Kakko already.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
he checks all the boxes. rangers would be stupid to not check the status of his availability. good team guy too. he fills a need. i would not mind paying that if it fills a need. not to just overpay for the next big fish Eichel. sadly the Panthers are in the playoffs, wanted Barkov

Radek Faksa is another low radar type of name the Rangers could be interested in

I dont have an issue with it, just not sure they do it.. This is why I mentioned someone like Hertl who is an upgrade to Strome, far cheaper than Eichel (money and to acquire) and then you could also make a move like this too. You could add both (or two others etc) for the same price of Eichel's 10M and you keep the ones you really want to keep (Laf, Kakko, Nils, etc).

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I dont have an issue with it, just not sure they do it.. This is why I mentioned someone like Hertl who is an upgrade to Strome, far cheaper than Eichel (money and to acquire) and then you could also make a move like this too. You could add both (or two others etc) for the same price of Eichel's 10M and you keep the ones you really want to keep (Laf, Kakko, Nils, etc).
Rangers have enough finesse. Hertl is good player but i rather take our chances and let Chytil become our Hertl

Reactions: Rangeri

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You guys are in a really good spot, no need for negativity or cynicism.

As a secondary Rangers fan,
I've done this whole rebuild thing awhile and remember, LAF is only 19, I can virtually guarantee he'll be a 40+goal scorer if he keeps at his development at the same rate- his hockey IQ is INSANELY high.

Sometimes players aren't noticeable if they have a high IQ because the rest of their skills are rawer so they cannot implement their greatest strengths.

This will be fixed with more development.

As grim as it seems, Kappo will be a PPG player. They are a very young team and Kappo is a raw prospect.

He probably won't even enter his prime until another couple years, based on his playing style.

Pay no attention to Sabres fans who think they can gut your prospect pool and multiple firsts for an injured Eichel:laugh:

Kappo will be a top 30 winger and Laf might end up being a top 5 player.

Just because a player isn't blazing fast and not so noticeable does not mean they're a bust as you probably know. Only 19. It's his playing style, a rawer prospect who will take a while to truly enter his prime.

Reinhart was the same way for awhile. Seemed like a bust because he wasn't noticeable, then one season just blew up. Laf has a ridiculous IQ and that's the most important thing. He'll do great things, it's destined.

It was unnecessary to fire GM from the outside imo. You can expect the team to be below average/underwhelming for a bit. That's part of the process.

You have really good players/prospects

Don't lose hope

Reinhart was a confirmed bust basically by 21 until he started finding his game.
Mittelstadt was a confirmed bust by 22.
Now he's a verified 1c/2c.
I can come up with multiple more examples.

S* changes quickly like that, this is Laf's very first season at 19

Laf will be better than J. Hughes, perhaps less dynamic, but smarter with a better shot. You can never compare two players at a different age like that. Especially with a very different playing style at different states of development.

You have nothing to worry about.

The media makes unrealistic expectations for Laf because some ppl so anxious to have a competitive team. Patience is the keyword as hard as it is to hear.

The state of NYR is in a good place. You have the #1 and #2 picks. Stay the course. You guys will be a dynasty soon enough.

Here in Buffalo it's as grim as it gets with players wanting out. You don't have that. Players want to play for NYR more than any other team for a reason. NYC the most beautiful city that I've ever seen aside from Buffalo.

I always root for you guys, you're more a friend than a rival. Good luck dudes, not that you'll need it, stay the course, keep building with young players, you might be a contender as soon as next year.

-A genuine hockey fan, with love and respect.

Thanks for the positivity.... not trying to be a jerk but I'm curious as to how you think Mittelstadt is a verified 1C/2C. He was on pace for like a 40 point season over 82 games.... not that impressive.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for the positivity.... not trying to be a jerk but I'm curious as to how you think Mittelstadt is a verified 1C/2C. He was on pace for like a 40 point season over 82 games.... not that impressive.

I mean Chytil had pretty much the same exact stat line. Drafted the same exact year.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There is literally ZERO reason for the Rangers to have to give up Kakko in an Eichel deal.

That situation is deteriorating before our eyes. The guy is injured and his prognosis is uncertain. And he's coming off a season where, despite decent enough looking advanced stats, he had only 2 goals before getting hurt.

He may not even require a Nash package to acquire.

Buch, a first, and a prospect like Jones and another throw-in (low level prospect like Reunanen or Henriksson, or a league player like Howden) is all it should take and even that is a decent haul.

I'm scared because we've got Larry Brooks leaving Kakko off their untouchables list but if Eichel is the target there is literally no sense at all in including Kakko. If someone can beat our non-Kakko offer for Eichel then have at him, but I frankly kinda doubt it.

Reactions: bernmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad