Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2021 Offseason) - “You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I also think that Eichel should worry us more in relation to the cap than it does. I.e. a comparison is made to his costs in relation to Zibanejad's costs and the difference is deemed to not be very significant, which of course is true. The problem is that as long as our kids development aren't disastrous, we would get into 'cap hell' no matter what.

We will constantly live in an environment where we could improve in the blink of an eye, if we "just" could assume more cap space. Colorado is in a great position because they are paying Mackinnon and Landeskog 11m instead of 9 + 7, 11 + 8 or something like that. Getting good contracts is an absolute key going forward. A requisite for being able to sign players to good contract is always that you are able to pay them a little premium instantly, but tag on a bunch of years at the end. The value of having a little flexibility under the cap shouldn't be underrated.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
you should be able to land eichel without miller.

you cant discredit miller and what he is and could be and then suggest he is a key piece for a 1c, that makes no sense.

other than eichel i dont know what 1c you are realistically referencing.

miller has a ton of potential. That is where his value is. It certainly isnt in his play to date. Teams pay for size and potential.

i think Larkin could be had.

who do u think eichal will cost. i would rather give up miller than Kakko. And i think miller has more value than Lundkvist because of his size.

So if u were going to trade for eichal or larkin, Miller would be the logical starting point of the trade, unless u go with Kakko

we arent giving up laff or fox. Miller has more value than lundkvist, robertson, Schneider and jones.

would love to know who u think we would trade for eichal or larkin.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
miller has a ton of potential. That is where his value is. It certainly isnt in his play to date. Teams pay for size and potential.

i think Larkin could be had.

who do u think eichal will cost. i would rather give up miller than Kakko. And i think miller has more value than Lundkvist because of his size.

So if u were going to trade for eichal or larkin, Miller would be the logical starting point of the trade, unless u go with Kakko

we arent giving up laff or fox. Miller has more value than lundkvist, robertson, Schneider and jones.

would love to know who u think we would trade for eichal or larkin.
if you would trade miller for a soon to be ufa when we have so many other pieces i would severely question you.

buffalo is going to be a quantity vs quality trade if it happens. NYR is goign to trade a kakko for eichel, they will offer the opposite and if it works than great. Maybe miller is a part of that but your earlier posts basically discrediting him as a non-valuable piece that is easily replicable is different than what you're spinning now

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
if you would trade miller for a soon to be ufa when we have so many other pieces i would severely question you.

buffalo is going to be a quantity vs quality trade if it happens. NYR is goign to trade a kakko for eichel, they will offer the opposite and if it works than great. Maybe miller is a part of that but your earlier posts basically discrediting him as a non-valuable piece that is easily replicable is different than what you're spinning now

i never said he was non valuable, but losing him is not a big hole like u say.

he actually is quite replaceable especially since we have two other prospects in the same position who both project to be top 4 dmen.

also, for larkin they would want quality. Hell buffalo probably wants quality as well to go with cozens, middtlestat and dahlin.

if u were buffalo or detroit what would u ask for and be satisfied with? Assuming laf and fox are off the table.

Again, it takes two to tango and we have built a crapload of dmen that project to be top 4.

if i were them i would make sure miller is part of the trade bc of his high end potential, though i dont think he will ever become elite. But his high end is much higher than robertson or lundkvist because of his size.

Losing him would not create this huge hole like u claim. At all.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Has anyone mentioned Tomas Hertl as an option? UFA after next year, size and skill, 54% face offs and 43 points in 49 games. Could we win with Zibanejad and him with the firepower on the wings we have and could potentially have? Also we keep Laff and Kakko.

I have, a few times actually. All i got was sh*t on for saying that bc apparently the sharks wont rebuild.

Reactions: Off Sides

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Has anyone mentioned Tomas Hertl as an option? UFA after next year, size and skill, 54% face offs and 43 points in 49 games. Could we win with Zibanejad and him with the firepower on the wings we have and could potentially have? Also we keep Laff and Kakko.

Hasn't he had both knees operated on? Including multiple on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad