Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2021 Offseason) - “You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
i never said he was non valuable, but losing him is not a big hole like u say.

he actually is quite replaceable especially since we have two other prospects in the same position who both project to be top 4 dmen.

also, for larkin they would want quality. Hell buffalo probably wants quality as well to go with cozens, middtlestat and dahlin.

if u were buffalo or detroit what would u ask for and be satisfied with? Assuming laf and fox are off the table.

Again, it takes two to tango and we have built a crapload of dmen that project to be top 4.

if i were them i would make sure miller is part of the trade bc of his high end potential, though i dont think he will ever become elite. But his high end is much higher than robertson or lundkvist because of his size.

Losing him would not create this huge hole like u claim. At all.
he is valuable and losing him opens a hole on the ld with trouba which is a big hole.

I'm sorry but I am not going to debate that anymore.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll reinstate my post from late last thread.

Pavel Buchnevich to Arizona for Christian Dvorak and Christian Fischer.

Mika Zibanejad extended 6 years, 8.5 million per.

Ryan Strome extended 5 years, 5 million.

Jamie Oleksiak signed- 1 year at 5.5 million.

Some package (Gauthier+++) to Nashville for Colton Sissons

(Maybe, cap dependent) re-sign Smith 1 year, 1.7 million.

Panarin-Dvorak-Strome
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Barron-Sissons-Fischer

Blackwell, Rooney

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Oleksiak-Lundkvist

Bitteto or Smith

And add the thought- despite Zibanejad's inconsistency, when he is on his game he is a top 5 pure goal scorer in the NHL. He's got probably the most accurate shot I've seen. I'm more than sold on locking him up on a decent contract. The most skilled center we have had since Lindros.

This roster does a couple things. First, it allows us to keep Panarin and Strome's chemistry while loosening Strome's defensive and faceoff responsibilities. Colton Sissons and Fischer are exactly the kind of players this team needs in the playoffs- not goons, but physical hard working players. Sissons is an upgrade over Rooney in nearly every department, while keeping Rooney in case of injuries.

We have to overpay a lot in order to lure Oleksiak to sign just a one year deal, but we have a ton of cap space for just this season, so we should be able to fit him in. If Miller is struggling a bit, you can shorten the bench late game to Oleksiak-Trouba.

The only problem I see is getting Kravtsov PP minutes. He's the odd man out unless we run 4 forwards on both PP units.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

Panarin-Dvorak-Strome
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Barron-Sissons-Fischer

Blackwell, Rooney

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Oleksiak-Lundkvist

Bitteto or Smith

And add the thought- despite Zibanejad's inconsistency, when he is on his game he is a top 5 pure goal scorer in the NHL. He's got probably the most accurate shot I've seen. I'm more than sold on locking him up on a decent contract. The most skilled center we have had since Lindros.

This roster does a couple things. First, it allows us to keep Panarin and Strome's chemistry while loosening Strome's defensive and faceoff responsibilities. Colton Sissons and Fischer are exactly the kind of players this team needs in the playoffs- not goons, but physical hard working players. Sissons is an upgrade over Rooney in nearly every department, while keeping Rooney in case of injuries.

We have to overpay a lot in order to lure Oleksiak to sign just a one year deal, but we have a ton of cap space for just this season, so we should be able to fit him in. If Miller is struggling a bit, you can shorten the bench late game to Oleksiak-Trouba.

The only problem I see is getting Kravtsov PP minutes. He's the odd man out unless we run 4 forwards on both PP units.
5.5 for Oleksiak? Who are you? His agent?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
5.5 for Oleksiak? Who are you? His agent?

If he's getting offers of 4x4 or even 4x3.5 from other teams this offseason (He's playing #4 minutes so that isn't unreasonable) NYR will have to have a very, very lucrative offer in order to get him to accept a one year deal.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

Panarin-Dvorak-Strome
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Barron-Sissons-Fischer

Blackwell, Rooney

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Oleksiak-Lundkvist

Bitteto or Smith

Absolutely not. Plus you dont even have strome in your lineup. Horrible choice to resign strome.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Strome at a 5M price tag on a long term contract is a ship that has sailed. Min. 6M, up towards 7M, even with flat cap.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
You guys are in a really good spot, no need for negativity or cynicism.

As a secondary Rangers fan,
I've done this whole rebuild thing awhile and remember, LAF is only 19, I can virtually guarantee he'll be a 40+goal scorer if he keeps at his development at the same rate- his hockey IQ is INSANELY high.

Sometimes players aren't noticeable if they have a high IQ because the rest of their skills are rawer so they cannot implement their greatest strengths.

This will be fixed with more development.

As grim as it seems, Kappo will be a PPG player. They are a very young team and Kappo is a raw prospect.

He probably won't even enter his prime until another couple years, based on his playing style.

Pay no attention to Sabres fans who think they can gut your prospect pool and multiple firsts for an injured Eichel:laugh:

Kappo will be a top 30 winger and Laf might end up being a top 5 player.

Just because a player isn't blazing fast and not so noticeable does not mean they're a bust as you probably know. Only 19. It's his playing style, a rawer prospect who will take a while to truly enter his prime.

Reinhart was the same way for awhile. Seemed like a bust because he wasn't noticeable, then one season just blew up. Laf has a ridiculous IQ and that's the most important thing. He'll do great things, it's destined.

It was unnecessary to fire GM from the outside imo. You can expect the team to be below average/underwhelming for a bit. That's part of the process.

You have really good players/prospects

Don't lose hope

Reinhart was a confirmed bust basically by 21 until he started finding his game.
Mittelstadt was a confirmed bust by 22.
Now he's a verified 1c/2c.
I can come up with multiple more examples.

S* changes quickly like that, this is Laf's very first season at 19

Laf will be better than J. Hughes, perhaps less dynamic, but smarter with a better shot. You can never compare two players at a different age like that. Especially with a very different playing style at different states of development.

You have nothing to worry about.

The media makes unrealistic expectations for Laf because some ppl so anxious to have a competitive team. Patience is the keyword as hard as it is to hear.

The state of NYR is in a good place. You have the #1 and #2 picks. Stay the course. You guys will be a dynasty soon enough.

Here in Buffalo it's as grim as it gets with players wanting out. You don't have that. Players want to play for NYR more than any other team for a reason. NYC the most beautiful city that I've ever seen aside from Buffalo.

I always root for you guys, you're more a friend than a rival. Good luck dudes, not that you'll need it, stay the course, keep building with young players, you might be a contender as soon as next year.

-A genuine hockey fan, with love and respect.

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's also pretty bad defensively.
gotta take some good with the bad. if their was more grit aggressiveness on this team, then id let him go. wish Miller was not so soft, wish he had a mean streak in him. wish they had another Lindgren type on this team right now or in Hartford

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What would it take to get Ekholm from Preds? He might be moved. pushes Lindgren and Miller down and gives them a “vet”? Also signed through only next year..

Ekholm/Fox... Wow the thought of that

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
As far as UFA's that could help this teams 4th line for nothing but money, Jordan Martinook and Thomas Nosek are big bodied guys who know their roles and play them well. Neither is going to light the world on fire in terms of stats but pair Rooney with those guys and you have a good, hard forechecking 4th line that doesn't require any trades.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What would it take to get Ekholm from Preds? He might be moved. pushes Lindgren and Miller down and gives them a “vet”? Also signed through only next year..

Ekholm/Fox... Wow the thought of that

so you would break up chemistry to see if this pair would work or not. sorry chemistry matters in hockey more than most other factors, the ability to read off of each other. like Ekholm but he is not a need here..

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Weighing surgery vs. rehab

Virginia Zakas, Inside Injuries: Eichel believed surgery was in his best interest, yet it didn’t happen. I have to agree with the player here. A herniated disk can lead to significant neurological compromise and pain that radiates down the arm. Weakness is also a common problem as the damaged disk is hitting up against the nerve.
One surgical option is to replace the disk with an artificial one. This is a quick and simple procedure with a recovery time of 2-3 months. Rehabbing and delaying surgery risks a more serious injury that could lead to fusion surgery. That would come with more long-term complications and a longer recovery time. Even if Eichel’s injury doesn’t get worse next season, it could still bother him enough that it hurts his performance.
What are Eichel's options?

John Vogl, Sabres beat writer: As much as Eichel would like to have surgery, he's at the Sabres' mercy until at least the end of the month. Adams and Buffalo's medical team will not budge until they see how the 12 weeks of rest and rehab works. And if Eichel doesn't heal? Oh, boy.
The argument is already ugly, but it will be a slugfest that could involve the NHL Players' Association and possibly lawyers if Buffalo suggests more rehab and Eichel doesn't get his surgery wish. Adams refused to look that far ahead, saying he'll wait for the results before considering the next step.

Sabres GM: Jack Eichel wants surgery never performed on NHL player

What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad