Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2021 Offseason) - “You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If Buchnevich or Kravtsov are dealt there's certainly a spot open at 3RW

Using a protection slot on Hajek seems like a waste. Get some value and protect it there.

man that Mcdonagh trade (depending on Nils or what he’s traded for) eek

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
That's a pretty nice 1-2 punch. SJ might ask for Chytil rather than Kravtsov imo though. Would still do it.

That’s who I originally had going bc I’m not sure he’s a 3C (I think he’s better than that) but this board has convinced me he is also moving in the right direction but he’s so similar to a lot of talent we have so it’s tough to choose which one

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
"So, one protection slot left among Brett Howden, Colin Blackwell, Kevin Rooney and Gauthier, with the others primed for selection."

I don't even think it should be much of a discussion. Protect the younger player who has more talent and upside (i.e. Gauthier) than the others.
I would agree, but Carp's article on the Athletic seems to suggest otherwise though.

Reactions: egelband

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
That’s who I originally had going bc I’m not sure he’s a 3C (I think he’s better than that) but this board has convinced me he is also moving in the right direction but he’s so similar to a lot of talent we have so it’s tough to choose which one

He is moving in the right direction. But might still be better suited for the wing. I see him as really good winger, ok center.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
And fixes the logjam at RW.

SJ is in cap hell, their system is ranked like mid 20s, Rangers need to shake up their team and Hertl is like Strome points wise but harder to play against, better defensively and very good in the dot and a UFA after next season and Rangers have the cap. He might not be a healthy Eichel but if we had two Zibanejad’s up top with the power we have on the wings offensively I won’t complain.

Also if he’s playing with Panarin like Strome his numbers should rise more

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If we do acquire another top 6 center and move on from Strome, I would actually want to see how Panarin looked with Kravtsov as his center. Someone with a shoot first mentality. Continue the emphasis on spreading out the offense.

Reactions: bernmeister

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
SJ is in cap hell, their system is ranked like mid 20s, Rangers need to shake up their team and Hertl is like Strome points wise but harder to play against, better defensively and very good in the dot and a UFA after next season and Rangers have the cap. He might not be a healthy Eichel but if we had two Zibanejad’s up top with the power we have on the wings offensively I won’t complain.

Also if he’s playing with Panarin like Strome his numbers should rise more

What's his injury history like? He's only played 82 games once and even in the shortened season has missed games.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Tomas Hertl- Face-off stats - 2020 - Puckbase

That's pretty good. increasing workload the past 4 years and the percentage has gone up each year.

and Goodrow and Nosek can take them too (career 52% from both). Zibanejad needs to improve but at least his 2 way game makes up for it. Having 3 players who can give you 50+ in the dots is a hell of a lot better than 43% this season for both Strome and Chytil (but to be fair he is still young)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How much are we paying Hertl on his next contract, at the same time we have to pay Zib and Fox? Kakko and Kravtsov too, but they probably won't get a huge raise, assuming they are still here.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Ola

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
How much are we paying Hertl on his next contract, at the same time we have to pay Zib and Fox? Kakko and Kravtsov too, but they probably won't get a huge raise, assuming they are still here.

I think 8x7.5 would get the job done

Reactions: Lundsanity30

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

less than Eichel if they thought they can afford both Eichel and Zib (reports said they could) I don’t see how they can’t afford Zibanejad and Hertl. He makes 5.7 now so I’m thinking 7 or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad