Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2021 Offseason) - “You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
@Edge Id venture to guess the deadline deal that fell through was a Sam Bennett trade, considering theres been lots of smoke between rangers and calgary for bennett and other players, and sather saw what he brought to florida immediately and that contributed to gorton's downfall. Am I far off the mark here?

Could be, could it also have been Mantha?

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
FLA is a perfect example of how diversifying your talent pool and improving your depth can do wonders. There’s more than enough quality bottom 6 talent out there for us to target in FA. I think we need at least 2 of:

Foligno, Coleman, Goodrow, Bonino, Kuraly, Csizikas, Nosek, Paquette, Martinook, Haula.

I'd LOVE Martinook.

Is he a UFA? Does he make it to UFA?
He's got everything any team would need and a rah rah guy in the locker room.

I'm not so sure Carolina let's him walk unless it affects their Seattle draft slots.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why do we need to change anything on the PP when we had the #4 PP in the league since 3/13 (When Mika started scoring again)?

These PP complaints going on for 2 years now have been weird. The Rangers had a top PP last year and the same thing the year before once they went to, oddly enough, Strome on PP1.

I probably should have differentiated this a bit more. I have no issues with the PP

I meant more net front presence aside from CK on the PP. Meaning more drive to the net from our forwards at ES, an increased effort to be a lot more greasy and grimy.

I'm not looking to change the PP

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
My capfriendly team (can’t get pic to load)

Panarin-Hertl-Kakko
Lafraniere-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Kreider-Chytil-Nosek
Goodrow-Barron-Rooney/Blackwell (pick)

Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Veteran (who?) - Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

I think this is a very balanced team and we don’t lose much skill and add size/grit who can play. Face offs should also improve with Hertl and Nosek/Goodrow

About 8M or so in cap still left.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd LOVE Martinook.

Is he a UFA? Does he make it to UFA?
He's got everything any team would need and a rah rah guy in the locker room.

I'm not so sure Carolina let's him walk unless it affects their Seattle draft slots.
I like Martinook a lot, but I think he's the perfect example of high-profile grit that's going to command 4 years, 12 million, and he ends up having slightly more impact than Kevin Rooney, if that.

Unless you see Martinook slotting up, which I don't because his offense-impact metrics are abysmal, I would stay far away.

Reactions: haveandare

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Panarin-Hertl-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Nosek

Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox

Shesterkin
Georgiev

I think this is a very balanced team and we don’t lose much skill and add size/grit who can play. Face offs should also improve with Hertl and Nosek/Goodrow

RIP Kravtsov

Reactions: DutchShamrock

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

Panarin-Hertl-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Nosek

Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Strome + Kravtsov for Hertl?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
yeah but SOMEONE has to get traded it’s inevitable
Oh I guess you traded him to San Jose. I thought you just forgot him.

I might do different lines but that's a very attractive roster. Hertl is a phenomenal idea that I didn't even think of. San Jose is going scorched earth.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I like Martinook a lot, but I think he's the perfect example of high-profile grit that's going to command 4 years, 12 million, and he ends up having slightly more impact than Kevin Rooney, if that.

Unless you see Martinook slotting up, which I don't because his offense-impact metrics are abysmal, I would stay far away.

ehhh.

Martinook seems to be able to play the same sandpaper/forcheck/3 zone game on a lot more consistent basis than the once per quarter Rooney does.

For the right price im all in out of the list of players available. Our star power is cheap atm. By the time they cash in he'll have served his purpose and you juggle the cap hits at that point and hopefully have developed a replacement in that four years, maybe Cullye.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Drury should use big data when searching for some depth grit:
D4AAA688-5A2D-403A-A05B-B03227F023CA.png

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I like Hertl for this team a lot, I'd just want them to lock him up ASAP if they traded for him.

Is Strome going in a separate deal in your scenario?

yes if I’m making my trade I want an extension with it. Yeah for futures (I also wouldn’t mind a defenseman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad