Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
One question:

If people on here think that Hughes will be significantly better than Dobson/Boqvist/Bouchard, and IF Montreal is strongly considering drafting Kotkaniemi (who can be had at the #7 spot, then?

1) Do you think it would make sense for Vancouver and Montreal to deal with each other? (7+ for 3)

2) what would that ‘plus’ entail?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
One question:

If people on here think that Hughes will be significantly better than Dobson/Boqvist/Bouchard, and IF Montreal is strongly considering drafting Kotkaniemi (who can be had at the #7 spot, then?

1) Do you think it would make sense for Vancouver and Montreal to deal with each other? (7+ for 3)

2) what would that ‘plus’ entail?
Not worth moving up. The team that would make sense to move up at this point is Arizona. Adding Zadina for them would be a huge add.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I'd trade back if Dobson and Bouchard are taken.

If Dobson and Bouchard are both gone, I'd trade back to 9 for a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat.
If they are both gone and Zadina is too. I fully expect Zadina to go before our pick but if he somehow falls and those 2 RHD are gone then I take Zadina. If all 3 are gone, that means that likely Tkachuk is available which I'd be ok with the pick but if we were to trade back to 9 it would guarantee us 1 of Tkachuk, Hughes or Wahlstrom.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hey Nucks fans, Q:

Any interest in moving from 7 to 9 for an additional second rounder?

My preferred targets at 7 would be Hughes and Wahlstrom. If they're both gone, then obviously I wouldn't mind trading back.

It's likely Hughes is gone anyway. It's possible Wahlstrom is around at 9, but I don't really see him getting past Chicago. I'd probably just stand pat at 7 and pray someone good drops.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't really rate Dobson and Bouchard that highly. I think they're justifiable prospects to take in the top-10, I just don't see their toolsets translating into true impact defensemen (like 1D types, although I feel they are safe bets to become top-four calibre players). We need stars desperately. Drafting safe-ish players is just asking to stagnate.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
Hey Nucks fans, Q:

Any interest in moving from 7 to 9 for an additional second rounder?

Quite but dependent on a few factors.

My top 7 are

3. Zadina
4. Wahlstrom
5. Kotkaniemi
6. Dobson
7. Smith

With 3-6 being incredibly close (Hughes and Smith I have quite close at 7/8). If only Smith were available from that group of 7 I definitely want to trade down. Alternatively in a scenario where multiple of those players drop (if Hughes, Bouchard and Tkachuk go top 6 as an example) then I would also have a lot of interest trading down. If only one of my top 6 were to fall I'd just take BPA

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Also all this stuff about Zadina falling, Hughes falling, and Kotkaniemi going in the top 5 makes me think a lot of boards are going to get wild.

Montreal have one too many Corky Thatcher’s within their organization if they’re drafting Kotkaniemi at #3. Trade down to 7 or 8 FFS and draft Kotkaniemi at that spot. Get an extra pick or a player.

If I’m Benning, I’m kicking the tires on #3.......and seeing what Montreal would be willing to do to swap. If the price is reasonable, Benning should move to the #3 spot.

By the way, does anyone know what Benning’s opinion is on Hughes? We know what he feels about Bouchard (yay), Boqvist (nay), but I haven’t seen him speak about Hughes.

Many hockey pundits believe that Hughes is a class above Dobson, Bouchard, and Boqvist. I’m inclined to agree.

I’m highly intrigued at the idea of trading with Montreal, getting the #3, and drafting Hughes.........OR Svechnikov. If Svechnikov is not taken at #2 for god knows what reason (Russian factor).

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
This team needs another Petterson type of home run this draft.
If Zadina falls down the list,,like some are speculating,,id love to see Benning make a push for him,,,

My personal opinion is that Zadina will be the Jesse Puljiujarvi of this draft. He won’t bust, but the guy’s selected before and after him will have more storied careers in my opinion. Like Puljiujarvi, I think Zadina’s development will also be slower.

Having said that, there’s no way Zadina drops to 7.

If you’re looking to him a HomeRun at the #7 spot, and don’t mind the associated risk variance attached, then Adam Boqvist is your guy. Hughes is another ‘homerun’ kind of guy, but he’ll also be long gone by the time #7 rolls around.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I haven’t made an annoying or stupid trade proposal in about 24 hours and so I figured I was due:

To Buffalo: 7thOA

To Vancouver: Sam Reinhart

This deal is made under the assumption that Benning doesn’t like his available options at #7 (I.e. the apples of his eyes get drafted in the top 6).

Obviously, drafting a defenseman would be ideal, but getting a young center that is showing signs of trending upwards would also be nice.

IF Pettersson doesn’t make it as a center and shows greater preference as a winger, then enter Sam Reinhart.

With Eichel and Mittelstadt, the Sabres are pretty much set down the middle.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I haven’t made an annoying or stupid trade proposal in about 24 hours and so I figured I was due:
So we can look forward to another 24 hours without an "annoying or stupid trade proposal"??????
Or do you reserve the right to give an annoying and stupid proposal?????

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-...ady-good-chance-he-s-available-at-7-1.1117078

Ben Kuzma thinks that there's a chance that Zadina could drop all the way to 7.

1) Dahlin
2) Svechnikov
3) Kotkaniemi (Montreal picks a center)
4) Dobson (Sens are apparently quite high on Dobson)
5) Tkachuk (Arizona loves Tkachuk's size and grit. Replaces Domi. Family history of Tkachuk's in Arizona).
6) Hughes (Detroit loves Hughes).

That leaves Zadina there. I'm not huge on Zadina as I think he's a bit overrated, but you have to think that Vancouver takes him if the draft plays out like Kuzma thinks it might. If he's not there though, Bouchard is a solid pick. Kuzma thinks Bouchard could be ready as early as next season.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Sam Reinhart hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Just an FYI. Most of those goals and points came during the last 41 games.

I'm not saying I'd do this...........but maybe it's not as black and white as it appears?

If I recall correctly, he was practically a PPG player in the 2nd half.
I really don't get why every one of your proposals end with "I wouldn't do this but...."

Here's an idea, stop posting these proposals that make both fan bases want to pull their hair out or claw out their eyes to stop reading your next one, unless it's something that is actually logical, or at least that you would actually do.

Reactions: racerjoe

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Karlsson may be on the move this week, what would you guys offer?

My proposal:
2017 1st round
2018 1st round
Bo Horvat
Olli Juolevi

I know this is a lot, but this is what will take to get a franchise, generational defenceman. We don't have any assets to do a 1:1 like Weber for Subban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad