Roster and Fantasy GM Thread: Pre-Draft Silly Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The team has absolutely zero organizational strength at centre which makes a guy like Sutter pretty much untouchable which is down right insane for a player of his caliber.

Ideally this off season had the team shredding players like Sutter and Gudbranson while adding picks, looking for some money puck players in free agency and using cap space as an asset.

Instead it seems like the team has made their pick available and is trying to make a splash in free agency. how many more years of horrendous off seasons do we have to watch.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The team has absolutely zero organizational strength at centre which makes a guy like Sutter pretty much untouchable which is down right insane for a player of his caliber.

Ideally this off season had the team shredding players like Sutter and Gudbranson while adding picks, looking for some money puck players in free agency and using cap space as an asset.

Instead it seems like the team has made their pick available and is trying to make a splash in free agency. how many more years of horrendous off seasons do we have to watch.

Basically the list of players that should be available who played last season should be everyone minus Horvat and Boeser.

Reactions: pgj98m3

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Basically the list of players that should be available who played last season should be everyone minus Horvat and Boeser.

Thats now how it works.

You cant leave our players out to get destroyed every night. Youre setting up our youth for failure if you expect Adam Gaudette or EP to play 2c for example of trade Sutter.

Look at Bo Horvat. He started out as our 4C.

We have to insulate the youth with veterans who can teach them and help them gain confidence by not getting trashed 5-0 every night.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Thats now how it works.

You cant leave our players out to get destroyed every night. Youre setting up our youth for failure if you expect Adam Gaudette or EP to play 2c for example of trade Sutter.

Look at Bo Horvat. He started out as our 4C.

We have to insulate the youth with veterans who can teach them and help them gain confidence by not getting trashed 5-0 every night.
None of the players should be untouchable though (except Bo and Brock.)

If anyone has value move them and look at replacing veterans through free agency.

If you can get a decent return for Sutter, for example, there's nothing he brings that can't be replaced.

Reactions: MAGICMAN1963

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
None of the players should be untouchable though (except Bo and Brock.)

If anyone has value move them and look at replacing veterans through free agency.

If you can get a decent return for Sutter, for example, there's nothing he brings that can't be replaced.
I liked your post and agree..but Sutter is JB.s foundation player.Benning brings in guys who are on a decline or are projects.He thinks buy low high reward..nothing has worked out.My concern is..why do we keep hanging onto junk...He must have a hoarding issue...

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I liked your post and agree..but Sutter is JB.s foundation player.Benning brings in guys who are on a decline or are projects.He thinks buy low high reward..nothing has worked out.My concern is..why do we keep hanging onto junk...He must have a hoarding issue...
Just as i finish typing this.they resign Grandlund.They need to be unloading guys..There is not alot of room on this team..

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have no issue with keeping Sutter if his usage is leveraged properly for the benefit of the team.

Like, having a #3 center who gets 20% zone starts and takes all the tough matchups should (along with having the Sedins gone) should theoretically free up the opportunity to develop a guy like Gaudette or Pettersson as the #2 center in very soft offensive minutes. And that would be far better for the team long-term than sticking that young player on the 4th line so they 'learn to play the right way' and all that BS.

However, I'm fully expecting that we'll be signing a Jay Beagle to take the tough minutes so we can free up Sutter and Tyler Bozak to get big offensive minutes for this team, which is insanity.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Dallas signs Stephen Johns 3 years x 2.35MM per year.

Gudbranson gets $4MM x 3 and is the same player/age/stats Johns is, if not a bit worse. Johns 2.35, McNabb 2.5. That's the market price for a 3rd pairing guy.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dallas signs Stephen Johns 3 years x 2.35MM per year.

Gudbranson gets $4MM x 3 and is the same player/age/stats Johns is, if not a bit worse. Johns 2.35, McNabb 2.5. That's the market price for a 3rd pairing guy.

Yup. Johns and McNabb are both better players (and more durable, which shouldn't be discounted) than Gudbranson and making barely over half as much.

Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad