Blue Jays Discussion: Ross Atkins named new GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They have a solid core. Defence is elite and if they can get any offence out of their infield not named Goldschmidt they'll be good. Bullpen needs a lot of work though and they could stand to get some more SP depth.

yeah they're not awful, and they do have some really great players, and Grienke will help that rotation.

It's just strange to see him go to a team that's not already a contender. They might become one now but you don't usually pick those teams unless it's a big overpay.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I wonder if part of the reason he choose Arizona was the market. Much smaller market then LA and San Francisco.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
lol how the **** did the dbacks get greinke? :laugh:

man, they must have overpaid alot.

calling it now... 36M per year :naughty:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
lol how the **** did the dbacks get greinke? :laugh:

They probably offered him like $240 million over the six years. Grienke admitted he signed with the Dodgers because they offered the most, so for him to sign with a team like the D-backs, they must have blown every other offer out of the water.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I wonder if part of the reason he choose Arizona was the market. Much smaller market then LA and San Francisco.

Yeah, the smaller market would definitely be a factor, but still money's the most important. Stewart has to have offered him something crazy.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They probably offered him like $240 million over the six years. Grienke admitted he signed with the Dodgers because they offered the most, so for him to sign with a team like the D-backs, they must have blown every other offer out of the water.

The Dodgers offered 5x31 for 155 total, the 6th year is probably want won him.

my guess 6x30

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
and it gets worse

34.3 x6

Dave Stewart deferring money, also known as money the team will have to pay when I'm no longer the GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad