Rooting For the Tank Part 2019

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Wings have Pittsburgh and us.

We have Detroit and Ottawa.

Devils have Carolina and Florida.

Kings have Anaheim and Vegas (need to get at last a point tonight to have a chance at passing 72 points).

I saw that only 3 teams are below us...31st to 28th is NOT progress...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes it is quite sad. That being said what does Florida, Philly etc get out of finishing 10th? At least we are positioned for pick #4 pre lotto with a chance to get to 2/3.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yes it is quite sad. That being said what does Florida, Philly etc get out of finishing 10th? At least we are positioned for pick #4 pre lotto with a chance to get to 2/3.

It's more of the fact that it's a sign their teams are closer to being competitive than us

Reactions: Goathead

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
That’s the way I look at it too, very possibly as a safety measure against completely losing my shit with this team. If you’re not in the playoffs, there’s no point in just missing. We did that for years, drafting #12-14 multiple times. Another high pick only serves us well going forward, as long as we don’t blow it.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
This whole process would be so much easier to tolerate if we were finishing the season like Detroit, who are winning games, have young players playing very-very well, , and going to draft early....

Not saying I'd swap teams with them, but still.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This whole process would be so much easier to tolerate if we were finishing the season like Detroit, who are winning games, have young players playing very-very well, , and going to draft early....

Not saying I'd swap teams with them, but still.
Detroit is flirting with playing themselves out of the top five for pretty much no good reason.

Reactions: sincerity0

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Detroit is flirting with playing themselves out of the top five for pretty much no good reason.

This is true, but it's because of the emergence of two or three young forwards.

Would you trade drafting top say #4 for #7 if Mittlestadt, and Nylander were playing lights out down the stretch with over 20 goals each, and getting better?

It's not all about where you draft if the players you have previously drafted start to excel.

Love to have it both ways, but that's not how it works my friend.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This is true, but it's because of the emergence of two or three young forwards.

Would you trade drafting top say #4 for #7 if Mittlestadt, and Nylander were playing lights out down the stretch with over 20 goals each, and getting better?

It's not all about where you draft if the players you have previously drafted start to excel.

Love to have it both ways, but that's not how it works my friend.
I can see your point, and agree that having Mitts/Nylander/Olofsson playing insanely good hockey would be worth trading the #3 for the #6 pick.

Bertuzzi has really turned it on for them in the past month or so, it’ll be really interesting to see if he’s a top line winger for the Wings going forward.

Reactions: Howie Hodge

Member 308457

From the "Be Careful what you Wish for Dept:

Former Mets pitcher Ron Darling just wrote a book about his career with the Mets. Lots of stories, including this one about Calvin Schiraldi, the pitcher who lost games 6 and 7 to the Mets in the 1986 World Series:

Everyone remembers the miracle comeback in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series came mostly against Red Sox reliever Calvin Schiraldi. But Darling says that the Mets simply knew the reliever would collapse, because they knew he was a loser from his days as a Met. During a game in Philadelphia, Schiraldi came on and refused to battle when he was hit hard. “There was a give-up in him that came through in his body language, in his effort, in the look on his face, that told us he wanted to be anyplace in the world but out there on the mound.” By the time he came out of the game, the score was 16-0.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Reactions: ZemgsG

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I don’t think people realize just how much constant losing f***s with a player. Jack Eichel hasn’t won in 4 seasons, basically his entire adult life he’s played for a loser. That’s going to effect him more then you think.

Teams like Chicago that were bad basically starting winning as soon as Toews and Kane got there, Washington and Pitt turned it around as soon as there stars arrived, so did Toronto. We are the Oilers.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I don’t think people realize just how much constant losing ****s with a player. Jack Eichel hasn’t won in 4 seasons, basically his entire adult life he’s played for a loser. That’s going to effect him more then you think.

Teams like Chicago that were bad basically starting winning as soon as Toews and Kane got there, Washington and Pitt turned it around as soon as there stars arrived, so did Toronto. We are the Oilers.
Its concerning but lets give Botts the off season to see what he does with this team. If the deadweight is gone including Housley maybe the sabres turn it around.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
From the "Be Careful what you Wish for Dept:

Former Mets pitcher Ron Darling just wrote a book about his career with the Mets. Lots of stories, including this one about Calvin Schiraldi, the pitcher who lost games 6 and 7 to the Mets in the 1986 World Series:

Everyone remembers the miracle comeback in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series came mostly against Red Sox reliever Calvin Schiraldi. But Darling says that the Mets simply knew the reliever would collapse, because they knew he was a loser from his days as a Met. During a game in Philadelphia, Schiraldi came on and refused to battle when he was hit hard. “There was a give-up in him that came through in his body language, in his effort, in the look on his face, that told us he wanted to be anyplace in the world but out there on the mound.” By the time he came out of the game, the score was 16-0.

Does any of this sound familiar?
Refused to battle? a pitcher? Its Baseball who gives a shit. You want to know who isnt a Loser but the actual Savior of our franchise Dahlin. How did we get him? Losing. We have drafted so many players who dont battle or improve or even make it to the nhl and are "Losers" and we drafted them way higher then 1-2.

Reactions: Fearnot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad