Rooting For the Tank Part 2019

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Rangers get a point means we can't pass them. They have a better ROW(I think) than the sabres. It is a battle for 4th and 5th now.

I looked, it's 27-buf,25-nyr in ROW, so we can technically still pass them.

NYR@PIT pit is still playing for 2 seed in the division...so tough road.

BUF@DET det's last home game, so maybe that and the 8-2-0 record in the last 10 is enough

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I looked, it's 27-buf,25-nyr in ROW, so we can technically still pass them.

NYR@PIT pit is still playing for 2 seed in the division...so tough road.

BUF@DET det's last home game, so maybe that and the 8-2-0 record in the last 10 is enough
That sucks, the odds drop drastically from 4th to 6th place.

We lose 6% on a top 3 pick and looking at 7th or 8th pick being likely finishing 6th instead of 4th.

Finishing 4th gives you a shot at pick 1 through 7. Finishing 6th you can't get to the 4th or 5th pick.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
This team hasn’t won back to back games since the win streak, but I can see them doing it tomorrow to jump to 6th.

Reactions: toomuchsauce

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
If the Rangers get a point tonight Buffalo picks 5th, plus or minus based on lottery

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It's really for the best that the Sabres are so bad. Did anyone notice how old those fans were on fan appreciation night? One lady is 95 years old. Another one featured in BN is 105 years old. What's going to happen to these people if the Sabres start winning? What else is there to live for? In effect the Sabres are a life support system. Their fans may be in misery, but they're alive. What can be better than drafting higher and saving lives?

Reactions: TheStorm

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
If they don't win a top 2 pick then it really doesn't matter. 3-10 could be anyone of a group of guys that no one can accurately rank at this point. Meaning you are getting the same type of player at 8 as at 3. No one can say with conviction whether Cozens or Dach or Krebs or Byram or Turcotte is the definitive pick with the higher upside. The Russian factor might drop Podkolzin down into the 8-9 range.

I'm not sweating where they pick outside of 1-2.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
How many spots can we move up or down?

as far as tonight's standings go, we can fall to the 6th pick if the rangers don't pick up at least 1 point.

on draft day we could potentially fall to 9th pick, but that assumes three teams higher in the standings all leapfrog us in the lottery, which is extremely unlikely. at this point, 6th or 7th post-lottery are the two places with highest odds

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Thank god but on the bright side Crosby gets his 100th point and Guentzek gets his 40th goal so it all worked out haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad