Rooting For the Tank Part 2019

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Okay, it's starting. If you want to root against the Sabres to improve their draft pick or lottery ball odds, please keep your chatter here! Whatever magic you (and Housley) did last season worked rather well!

Last edited:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Helpful night for the tank last night. Chicago won and Edmonton beat the Rangers in OT. We fell from picking 10th to a tie for 7th.
We still have 4 combined games left against the basement Sens and Red Wings which is no going to help.
I would be thrilled with 8/9/10.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't care anymore. Should be painfully obvious to people at this point that a ton of high draft picks don't mean anything to team success.

Reactions: 1972

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I don't care anymore. Should be painfully obvious to people at this point that a ton of high draft picks don't mean anything to team success.
Team would be painful to watch without Jack Eichel and Dahlin out there. Painful.

Problem is, just like with Edmonton, if you miss on those top picks you get nowhere. And coaching matters a LOT, and both teams have failed miserably there.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The real problem will be how to contend with Tampa moving forward. What's the long term solution to that team? They should be head and shoulders better than anyone in the east for the next ~3 years.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
No more rooting for a tank, that is not how you build a winning franchise.

Win out!
Go "Asplund"!

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
The real problem will be how to contend with Tampa moving forward. What's the long term solution to that team? They should be head and shoulders better than anyone in the east for the next ~3 years.

:biglaugh:
We are so many steps away from worrying about how to contend with Tampa.
The Sabres need to demonstrate consistent competence for a couple of years before worrying about anyone else.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
:biglaugh:
We are so many steps away from worrying about how to contend with Tampa.
The Sabres need to demonstrate consistent competence for a couple of years before worrying about anyone else.

Should they use that to set the mid term strategy for the club?

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Competence starts with winning, winning starts with a mindset.

I would say drafting a possible superstar at the top of the draft is more important as Housley getting fired has to be a foregone conclusion.
The young kids need to learn to win. That is possible from this moment onwards.
How anyone is still rooting for tanks in this day and age is beyond me, especially with this upcoming draft, including the lottery crapshoot.
I don't get you guys.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Team would be painful to watch without Jack Eichel and Dahlin out there. Painful.

Problem is, just like with Edmonton, if you miss on those top picks you get nowhere. And coaching matters a LOT, and both teams have failed miserably there.

Team IS painful to watch with Eichel and Dahlin out there.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Weren’t we the lonely tank buddies last year? Soldiering on as shamed tankers and then the ”we need to be better” crew took all the cred for Dahlin...

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Should they use that to set the mid term strategy for the club?

You claimed the "real problem was how to contend with Tampa."

That is NOT the "real problem."

The real problems for this team are poor organizational leadership, poor asset management, and poor player development. This organization needs to concentrate on improving those facets before worrying about how to contend with teams that have already figured all that out.

Horse before the cart and what not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad