Roll Call Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm amazed anyone ever acquires a taste for hard alcohol period. I mean I get it, do anything long enough and you'll break through but damn it's gotta take a hell of a long time before one genuinely thinks gasoline taste good. :laugh:
Not really for me. It’s spicy and smoky and oaky and delicious. It’s just a nice, strong flavor. There are lots of intense flavors I like a lot.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Name: Bob
Height: 5'11" weight 220 lbs
2 Kids biological - 26 Maliya and 25 Thomas
Multiple foster kids - one of my favorite things in life is raising these guys.
4 dogs - Frankie (Akita), Millie (great Pryenese), Zuess (Yorkshire Terrier),
Bandit (Yorkshire Terrier)

Coyotes fan since day one. Previously Jets fan.

Favorite player all time: Doan
Favorite current player: Dvorak

Favorite read: I only read technical books. Not into Novels really. I am more of an outdoors guy.

First car: 1971 Mustang. Still my favorite. There is a long list in between but I drive a Rav4 now. I probably would choose luxury at this point.

Sorry the pic is so big. Can someone who knows how to, shrink it down for me? I really don't know how to do anything like that.

thumbnail

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
@zerekstar, very cool that you love fostering so much. We've thought about doing it or maybe adoption but both are really scary thoughts. Hard not to think about the well being of our 3 year old. Have your fosters all been younger than your biological kids? When did you start?

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
@zerekstar, very cool that you love fostering so much. We've thought about doing it or maybe adoption but both are really scary thoughts. Hard not to think about the well being of our 3 year old. Have your fosters all been younger than your biological kids? When did you start?
Hi Lanky! We lost a baby of our own and my wife was having a real tough time getting past it. So we decided to try and adopt but it was really a tough process. Then a friend of ours suggested we try fostering so a guy came over to discuss it with us and we felt pretty good about things after that. My wife was interested and it became very therapeutic for her. That was 21 years ago.

We had a talk with our kids to see what they thought and they were excited and to this day they still consider each other brothers and sisters. When our first batch grew up and left home, we were empty nesters and I didn't like it. I wasn't ready for that so my wife called the agency and said we were ready to do another round so we very quickly got four girls. Now I am really out numbered by girls. :) There are definitly challenges but they really add a lot to my life.

We always did take kids younger then our own. They do not have as much baggage. I really admire people who help the teenagers but I'm not gifted that way so I stuck with what I was comfortable with. You are right to be concerned about your three year old though. If you did foster, that would certainly be something to consider.

We started fostering in 2000. Hope that helps.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
Name: Kim
Height/Weight/Build: 5'1/Nope
Currently residing in: Goodyear, AZ
Hometown: Millersburg, OH
Pets: Six cats/One dog
Kids: Son, Daughter, Son-in-law, Granddaughter

Coyotes fan since: 2012
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Radim Vrbata
Favorite Current Coyote: Hjalmarsson
Favorite Non-Coyote: Malkin
Other Sports: College basketball and Football

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant: Mexican - Arribas
Favorite Beverage: Margaritas, Diet Coke w/Vanilla Vodka, White Russians, Painkiller from Cheddars and many, many, many more

Favorite Shows: Modern Family, Blackish, American Housewife

Favorite Movies: The Godfather I and The Godfather II. Should have stopped there because The Godfather III is awful!

Favorite Books: Intelligence Edition 6, Risk Analysis and Security Countermeasures Selection (I'm currently in school)

Post a selfie: Nope

Vehicle to drive: Lamborghini

Vehicle to own: Currently have a Volvo that I absolutely HATE!!!!

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Name: Scott
Height/Weight/Build: 5’10/180
Currently residing in: Mesa, AZ
Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
Pets: Two dogs
Kids: Two boys one girl

Coyotes fan since: 1996
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite Current Coyote: Conor Garland
Favorite Non-Coyote: Matthews
Other Sports: Baseball

Favorite Beverage: Woodford Reserve or an ice cold coors light will do.

Favorite Shows: Ozarks/breaking bad - don’t really have a whole lot of time for shows anymore, but those would be my top two

Favorite Movies: Don’t watch many, but rounders is an excellent film. Training day is another good one.

Current Vehicle: 19’ Ford F-150 Lariat
Previous Vehicle: 14’ Ford Raptor

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I did say I was a GenXer in the other thread...i am on the cusp of Boomer, but I definitely qualify as younger on the "did you ever spend all day watching music videos?" differentiating question. Definitely 80s, not 70s.
------------------------------
Name: Stuart
Age people guess if they don't know my age: 45
Height/Weight/Build: between Garland and Keller, but old
Currently residing in: Chandler, AZ
Hometown: Titusville, FL (home of Daniel Tosh and Cris Collinsworth)
Birthplace: Grand Forks, ND (after taking up hockey at 35, I'd kid my dad about ruining my hockey career by moving me to Florida aged 2)
Number of HFers met IRL: 4, I think. Maybe 5 or 6.

Coyotes fan since: 1996 (actually rooted for the Jets from 1981, obviously Florida didn't have a team, so I picked the team closest to my birth...I didn't care much, though, not a lot of coverage then)
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Daniel Briere (see ht/wt above)
Favorite Non-Coyote: mmmm....I dunno
Other Sports: have played many, follow many

Favorite Shows: since the dawn of streaming The Americans, Ozark, Get shorty, the IT Crowd, Bojack Horseman...Archer, Arrested Development

Favorite Movies: too many to list, but two I thought would be awful that I really liked were Spaceballs and The Fifth Element

Favorite Books: non fiction the last 20 years.

I met Stuart at the game the Coyotes clinched the Pacific division in MSP. He was sitting behind us behind the Yotes bench. We just started chatting and it turned out we were both from HF. I was extremely hung over but we went to a bar down the street after the game and I nursed a Jameson and Ginger.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I met Stuart at the game the Coyotes clinched the Pacific division in MSP. He was sitting behind us behind the Yotes bench. We just started chatting and it turned out we were both from HF. I was extremely hung over but we went to a bar down the street after the game and I nursed a Jameson and Ginger.

Hey, it's almost April again - which means the clip on Fox Sports Arizona where the 6 of us (pretty much the only Arizona fans in the bldg) are on the Excel Center concourse congratulating each other after the win should show up in 'Facebook memories' again :laugh:

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Name: Mike
Height/Weight/Build: 5'10, 220lbs, athletic build is definitely in my rear view mirror
Currently residing in: Phoenix
Hometown: Plano, TX
Pets: Two cats (Sam Adams and Stella Artois
Kids: Two girls

Coyotes fan since: 1996
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite Non-Coyote: Keith Yandle
Other Sports: NFL

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Sushi @ Sakana
Favorite Beverage: Craft Beer (any style)

Favorite Shows: The Sopranos, The Wire, Seinfeld, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad

Favorite Movies: Groundhog Day, The Matrix, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Seven, Silence of the Lambs.

Favorite Books: Haven't read much lately, but the Stand by Stephen King is my favorite.

I've met several other HF'ers. Not sure of the exact count but I would guess around 10.

I'm a car guy so there are way too many to list but my current baby is a Jaguar F-Type R.

Attachments

• 14907265_10154050953558811_9045616427508668472_n.jpg
    14907265_10154050953558811_9045616427508668472_n.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad