2000 Ranger.
2003 Dodge Ram 1500. *
2006 Buick Lacrosse. *
2007 Ford Fivehundred. *
2008 Impala. *
1978 Suzuki RM 400
1983 Yamaha Virago 750
* Still own
Really miss the 93 Mustang with a Kenne Bell and the 2 Turbo Buicks that were 10 second cars. Speedworld was my home away from home until they shut it down.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
But after rebates they're not!
I think you'll be surprised how low the maintenance costs are. No oil changes helps but the biggest thing is how few moving parts there are. I've been driving my Leaf for three years and someone else drove it for two years before that. The only maintenance costs have been for replacing tires.
I think I wrote that?? In fairness it will take me years to break even on Bolt vs Q5. All maintenance for first 80K was included in purchase price. I do enjoy the Bolt though.

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
Name: Scott
Height/Weight/Build: 5"10, 215lbs, lost 100lbs with gastric sleeve surgery
Occupation: Technical Lead Logistics Engineer, Boeing on the NASA SLS program
Currently residing in: Huntsville, AL
Hometown: Flint, MI
Pets: 4 dogs (3 Chows; Chunk, Cooper, Delsie, and 1 Basset, Phoebe)
Kids: One boy and one girl, both grown and on their own

Coyotes fan since: 1996
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite Current Coyote: D Vo bot
Favorite Non-Coyote: Probert
Other Sports:

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Aloha Kitchen wings
Favorite Beverage: Dark and Stormy, or 12yr Balvenie

Current vehicles: 1973 Olds Delta 88 convertible, 2006 Chrysler 300C, 2019 Hyundai
91174211_10219146974479364_8223649773723320320_o.jpg
turbo Veloster

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Name: Nope (too unique, as said in a different thread I'm weird about privacy)
Height/Weight/Build: 5'10, 185-190 -- formerly thin but lift a lot. Could probably lose another 10-15 pounds but can bench my own weight so whatever
Currently residing in: Phx
Hometown: South Brunswick, NJ (suburb is 15 mins from Princeton)
Pets: I wish! Absolutely love dogs, when I lived in Boston/Cambridge (Inman Sq for those who know the area) the roomie had an amazing Shi Tzu named Zeb, just an amazing, amazing animal. Rn I work too many hours but in an alternate life I'd have a small dog and we'd be an amazing team
Kids: Not yet, if I think about it probably not ever (not sure how I feel about that but mostly satisfied / happy about it most of the time)
Coyotes fan since: 2013 (when I moved here for the first time, was a Caps fan growing up when the team had guys like Dale Hunter, Steve Konowalchuk, Jim Carey etc)
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Probably Kuemper (sorry all you long time fans, absolutely understand the Doan love)
Favorite Current Coyote: Kuemps or Garland, who knows. Garland brings it every shift, but Kuemps is so, so good. Hard to choose
Favorite Non-Coyote: Ovi
Other Sports: Tennis

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Hard to choose, but most likely Asian something (probably Korean, lived there 2 years when I was with the military). For those who want authentic Korean food, Takamatsu on 42nd Ave and Dunlap is legit Korean (and delicious), the owner is an alcoholic how much more authentic Korean can you get. Haven't found another authentic Korean place in the valley -- the all you can eat places I've been to have been good but too Westernized (no Korean place would ever be all you can eat). Takamatsu is the same meal you'd get in Seoul incl the lettuce wraps. Any Qs PM me

Favorite Beverage: Too many, I make my own. Vodka + any kind of juice = amazing if you know what you're doing (and likely even if not). Greenhouse Gin (Total Wine's in-house) is also next level as is Ryan Reynolds' Aviation Gin, I am not a gin guy but both those drinks are so, so good

Favorite Shows: Honestly so many it's hard to choose. Maybe Breaking Bad, Amazon's all-or-nothing's and the HBO's 24-7s are also very good shows. I will always remember Mr. Universe (thanks Bryz). Entourage was also amazing but imo a product of its time / maybe doesn't hold up

Favorite Movies: Again too many. But to go with the Korean theme, Parasite. Next level amazing even with the subtitles. Such a good movie.

Favorite Music: Am very much into music so hard to choose -- imo some next level musicians are Rush and Imogen Heap, maybe Switchfoot. Other bands like Marianas Trench, Hedley, Pearl Jam are close. If you're curious about Immi, would recommend everyone listen to the instrumentals FIRST, and then listen to the same songs with words.

Re: Imogen Heap, if you've never heard her, here's her on Letterman 10 years ago -- -- if you're into music imo absolutely worth 5 minutes. Immi's legitimately nuts (most geniuses are) but the music is something you'll never hear anywhere else

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Name: Nope (too unique, as said in a different thread I'm weird about privacy)
Height/Weight/Build: 5'10, 185-190 -- formerly thin but lift a lot. Could probably lose another 10-15 pounds but can bench my own weight so whatever
Currently residing in: Phx
Hometown: South Brunswick, NJ (suburb is 15 mins from Princeton)
Pets: I wish! Absolutely love dogs, when I lived in Boston/Cambridge (Inman Sq for those who know the area) the roomie had an amazing Shi Tzu named Zeb, just an amazing, amazing animal. Rn I work too many hours but in an alternate life I'd have a small dog and we'd be an amazing team
Kids: Not yet, if I think about it probably not ever (not sure how I feel about that but mostly satisfied / happy about it most of the time)
Coyotes fan since: 2013 (when I moved here for the first time, was a Caps fan growing up when the team had guys like Dale Hunter, Steve Konowalchuk, Jim Carey etc)
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Probably Kuemper (sorry all you long time fans, absolutely understand the Doan love)
Favorite Current Coyote: Kuemps or Garland, who knows. Garland brings it every shift, but Kuemps is so, so good. Hard to choose
Favorite Non-Coyote: Ovi
Other Sports: Tennis

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Hard to choose, but most likely Asian something (probably Korean, lived there 2 years when I was with the military). For those who want authentic Korean food, Takamatsu on 42nd Ave and Dunlap is legit Korean (and delicious), the owner is an alcoholic how much more authentic Korean can you get. Haven't found another authentic Korean place in the valley -- the all you can eat places I've been to have been good but too Westernized (no Korean place would ever be all you can eat). Takamatsu is the same meal you'd get in Seoul incl the lettuce wraps. Any Qs PM me

Favorite Beverage: Too many, I make my own. Vodka + any kind of juice = amazing if you know what you're doing (and likely even if not). Greenhouse Gin (Total Wine's in-house) is also next level as is Ryan Reynolds' Aviation Gin, I am not a gin guy but both those drinks are so, so good

Favorite Shows: Honestly so many it's hard to choose. Maybe Breaking Bad, Amazon's all-or-nothing's and the HBO's 24-7s are also very good shows. I will always remember Mr. Universe (thanks Bryz). Entourage was also amazing but imo a product of its time / maybe doesn't hold up

Favorite Movies: Again too many. But to go with the Korean theme, Parasite. Next level amazing even with the subtitles. Such a good movie.

Favorite Music: Am very much into music so hard to choose -- imo some next level musicians are Rush and Imogen Heap, maybe Switchfoot. Other bands like Marianas Trench, Hedley, Pearl Jam are close. If you're curious about Immi, would recommend everyone listen to the instrumentals FIRST, and then listen to the same songs with words.

Re: Imogen Heap, if you've never heard her, here's her on Letterman 10 years ago -- -- if you're into music imo absolutely worth 5 minutes. Immi's legitimately nuts (most geniuses are) but the music is something you'll never hear anywhere else

A first name so unique that if you told us, some of us will know who you are. Hmmm...I'm intrigued. I'll go with either Osvaldo or Jane.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
A first name so unique that if you told us, some of us will know who you are. Hmmm...I'm intrigued. I'll go with either Osvaldo or Jane.

LOL

Yeah I have a weird first name. In my entire life I've met two ppl with the same first name, one is a cousin (?!?!?!?!), the other is here in Phx and asked me about it after we'd been friends for a few months, both spent their lives going by alternate names bc our first name is too weird.

I mean, whatever. Do what you want to, I guess. There are more important things to worry about.

That said, if you're into music, please click that Imogen Heap link I enclosed in last msg. Imo she is so, so good -- if you don't like her no worries but imo she should be 10000x more popular than she is

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
LOL

Yeah I have a weird first name. In my entire life I've met two ppl with the same first name, one is a cousin (?!?!?!?!), the other is here in Phx and asked me about it after we'd been friends for a few months, both spent their lives going by alternate names bc our first name is too weird.

I mean, whatever. Do what you want to, I guess. There are more important things to worry about.

That said, if you're into music, please click that Imogen Heap link I enclosed in last msg. Imo she is so, so good -- if you don't like her no worries but imo she should be 10000x more popular than she is

Maybe your name is Surfshop? Sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best strategy.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Maybe your name is Surfshop? Sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best strategy.
In 10 years the new "privacy" will be leaking information everywhere, some of it legit, some of it fake, some of it in the middle, just an absolute flood of unreliable information but not so fake the algorithms can say one way or the other so with certainty.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
In 10 years the new "privacy" will be leaking information everywhere, some of it legit, some of it fake, some of it in the middle, just an absolute flood of unreliable information but not so fake the algorithms can say one way or the other so with certainty.

An employee at Publix caught my attention a couple weeks ago by calling me "Christina" (which is part of a common online handle I use, even though it's not my real name). I responded instinctively. I'd probably react the same way if someone ever shouted out "Summer Rose" (or even just "Summer") in public. It's a weird time we're living in. I have no idea how said employee knew to call me "Christina" or if it was just completely random chance. Hard to tell these days.

Reactions: Sinurgy

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nice list. Mine is:
1st car: 67 Plymouth Barracuda
2nd: 69 Dodge Super Bee
3rd: 72 Dodge Challenger
4th: 76 Chrysler Cordoba
5th: 78 Lincoln Mark v Diamond Jubilee edition
6th:79 Corvette
7th:82 Corvette
8th: 84 Covette
Then got married and the two decade era of mini vans started.:)
I have never been in a super B!

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
1962 Falcon Wagon.
1963 Meteor.
1969 Sunbeam Arrow.
1969 Newport
1973 Corolla.
1975 Dodge D100.
1978 Chevrolet 1/2 ton.
1979 Chevrolet 3/4 ton.
1979 Pontiac Trans Am.
1980 Chevrolet Z28.
1980 Jimmy.
1988 Mustang 5.0.
1983 Gran Prix.
1987 Buick Limited.
1987 Grand National.
1989 Pontiac TTA. *
1993 Mustang.
2000 Ranger.
2003 Dodge Ram 1500. *
2006 Buick Lacrosse. *
2007 Ford Fivehundred. *
2008 Impala. *
1978 Suzuki RM 400
1983 Yamaha Virago 750
* Still own
Really miss the 93 Mustang with a Kenne Bell and the 2 Turbo Buicks that were 10 second cars. Speedworld was my home away from home until they shut it down.
I spent time at Speed world in the 80's, some in the 90's, loved the turbo v6 Buicks too:)

More Cooley

yotes wagon
Jul 2, 2015
Sweden
That's freaking awesome! Now days that would make for a great little Twitter shout out for the team too.

Thanks man, yeah I guess it would. :) Would've been so much better if I had kept those cards along with the envelope somewhere safe though. 11-year old me didnt think that far ahead tho, lol. Im gonna go digging in my old moving boxes to see if I can find em...

Reactions: che

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Name: Vincent
Height/Weight: I am not good with non-metric measurements, but I guess I am something around 5.11 and 195ish
Currently residing in: Kent, England (have been living in England for last 20 years)
Hometown: Paris, France (the first 25 years)
Kids: A 10 years old darling girl.

Coyotes fan since: EA sport NHL 1997 - Ice Hockey is a very small sport in France, so I had never been exposed to it until 1996 when I attended one game of my local professional team by chance. I loved it, decided to learn more about it so bought EA sport NHL 1997 to fast track my understanding of it all whilst having fun.
First team I chose was the Coyotes, because I did not know anything and they felt "new" in the league, a bit like me (the whole Winnipeg's past escaped me at the time, sorry!).
The first few years, it was more of a case of me having fun playing the EA Sports series rather than having many opportunities to follow games/see highlights as Internet was not quite there yet.
But then I worked for a sports channel, and suddenly I had a lot better access to results & footage.
It sparked my interest further.
One of the key stages in me growing as a fan is undoubtedly HF BOARDS.
I have never been to Phoenix or to Arizona (will do one day for sure though), but suddenly I could interact with local fans, I could somehow enjoy with them the highs (<--:naughty:) and the lows of the team.
And by 'them', I mean all of YOU.
Whoever you are, and that you wanted it or not (ha!), you have been instrumental in making me as a Coyotes fan. In light of this franchise's historical performance, not sure if I should be thankful or should consider suing HF Boards hey hey.

Favorite All-Time Coyote: This player is yet to come.
Favorite Current Coyote: Chychrun
Favorite Non-Coyote: Peter Forsberg
Other Sports: Love most sports really. I will mention soccer, hence the ParisSaintGermain name, basketball, US Sports in general but I can watch or follow anything.
Music/Films/Arts: tough to pin down anything there, I am quite an Arts guy and if I start I will probably be even more boring.
Food: Like to cook Italian food.
Drinks: Ricard, wine, champagne ;)

Car history is super uninteresting but would like to mention my first car, a 1993 Nissan Micra, which I enjoyed driving like a maniac in the streets of Paris. I really had a passion for using the bumpers to create a bit of additional space when I parked.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think I wrote that?? In fairness it will take me years to break even on Bolt vs Q5. All maintenance for first 80K was included in purchase price. I do enjoy the Bolt though.
Where's your pride man.:)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Name: Vincent
Height/Weight: I am not good with non-metric measurements, but I guess I am something around 5.11 and 195ish
Currently residing in: Kent, England (have been living in England for last 20 years)
Hometown: Paris, France (the first 25 years)
Kids: A 10 years old darling girl.

Coyotes fan since: EA sport NHL 1997 - Ice Hockey is a very small sport in France, so I had never been exposed to it until 1996 when I attended one game of my local professional team by chance. I loved it, decided to learn more about it so bought EA sport NHL 1997 to fast track my understanding of it all whilst having fun.
First team I chose was the Coyotes, because I did not know anything and they felt "new" in the league, a bit like me (the whole Winnipeg's past escaped me at the time, sorry!).
The first few years, it was more of a case of me having fun playing the EA Sports series rather than having many opportunities to follow games/see highlights as Internet was not quite there yet.
But then I worked for a sports channel, and suddenly I had a lot better access to results & footage.
It sparked my interest further.
One of the key stages in me growing as a fan is undoubtedly HF BOARDS.
I have never been to Phoenix or to Arizona (will do one day for sure though), but suddenly I could interact with local fans, I could somehow enjoy with them the highs (<--:naughty:) and the lows of the team.
And by 'them', I mean all of YOU.
Whoever you are, and that you wanted it or not (ha!), you have been instrumental in making me as a Coyotes fan. In light of this franchise's historical performance, not sure if I should be thankful or should consider suing HF Boards hey hey.

Favorite All-Time Coyote: This player is yet to come.
Favorite Current Coyote: Chychrun
Favorite Non-Coyote: Peter Forsberg
Other Sports: Love most sports really. I will mention soccer, hence the ParisSaintGermain name, basketball, US Sports in general but I can watch or follow anything.
Music/Films/Arts: tough to pin down anything there, I am quite an Arts guy and if I start I will probably be even more boring.
Food: Like to cook Italian food.
Drinks: Ricard, wine, champagne ;)

Car history is super uninteresting but would like to mention my first car, a 1993 Nissan Micra, which I enjoyed driving like a maniac in the streets of Paris. I really had a passion for using the bumpers to create a bit of additional space when I parked.

We should all use metric measurements, makes us seem taller and lighter. I'm 177 cm and 75 kg. No normal American could convert that in their head.

Reactions: che and Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Serious question...is solar worth the cost in Canada? Seems like the limited sunshine half the year would make the payback timeline very long.
Yes, for sure it is. Obviously nothing sunshine wise like Arizona but there are many areas that have blue sky in the winter. Just an FYI, solar is actually more efficient in cooler temperature. Desert heat bakes the crap out of solar modules.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
An employee at Publix caught my attention a couple weeks ago by calling me "Christina" (which is part of a common online handle I use, even though it's not my real name). I responded instinctively. I'd probably react the same way if someone ever shouted out "Summer Rose" (or even just "Summer") in public. It's a weird time we're living in. I have no idea how said employee knew to call me "Christina" or if it was just completely random chance. Hard to tell these days.
A buddy I grew up with, we used to play a lot of online video games together and began referring to one another by our online handle in public. He was Rodeo and I was Support haha.

Reactions: Summer Rose

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yes, for sure it is. Obviously nothing sunshine wise like Arizona but there are many areas that have blue sky in the winter. Just an FYI, solar is actually more efficient in cooler temperature. Desert heat bakes the crap out of solar modules.
Our sun will pretty much ruin anything not designed by mother nature. It's both amazing and terrifying the way our ecosystem is. I'm convinced deserts (hot or cold, looking at you Antarctica) are the most difficult survival conditions.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
or 12yr Balvenie
A strange thing happened to me. After years of drinking Scotch, I got fed up with paying high prices and started buying American, instead. After a while of drinking primarily bourbon, I've completely lost my taste for Scotch. I've been given $100 bottles of Scotch as gifts since, and found myself wishing I could exchange them for $30 bottles of bourbon. It started out just being cheap, and gradually became a strong preference.

Similarly, I started buying Wild Turkey 101 because it's really good value bourbon (though it's creeping up in price). It was the cheapest whiskey I'd ever found that I enjoyed drinking neat. So that's what I started buying. I now find I like it more than most bourbons that cost twice as much. I think this is just what happens when you become a stubborn old man. You just like what you like.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
A strange thing happened to me. After years of drinking Scotch, I got fed up with paying high prices and started buying American, instead. After a while of drinking primarily bourbon, I've completely lost my taste for Scotch. I've been given $100 bottles of Scotch as gifts since, and found myself wishing I could exchange them for $30 bottles of bourbon. It started out just being cheap, and gradually became a strong preference.

Similarly, I started buying Wild Turkey 101 because it's really good value bourbon (though it's creeping up in price). It was the cheapest whiskey I'd ever found that I enjoyed drinking neat. So that's what I started buying. I now find I like it more than most bourbons that cost twice as much. I think this is just what happens when you become a stubborn old man. You just like what you like.

Luckily my job allows me on military bases and I buy at the military store, so no taxes, so no $100 for bottles of the good stuff . Do understand and enjoy Jack Daniels Single barrel for a change every once in a while.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Same exact thing happened to me when I was a drinker except it was Maker's Mark that I was married to.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm amazed anyone ever acquires a taste for hard alcohol period. I mean I get it, do anything long enough and you'll break through but damn it's gotta take a hell of a long time before one genuinely thinks gasoline taste good. :laugh:

Reactions: Heldig and Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->