Roll Call Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was asking @BUX7PHX about himself in the other thread. It occurred to me that we haven't done one of these in a long time (at least I can't remember the last one).

I'll post an initial list of survey questions. Please add to them with better ones. Let's get to know each other better. :)

Name: Trent
Height/Weight/Build: 6'1, 210lbs, chubby dad-bod
Occupation: I'm the business development manager at a small marketing agency
Currently residing in: Gilbert, AZ
Hometown: Mesa, AZ
Pets: One dog (Walter)
Kids: Two boys (ages 6 and 3)

Coyotes fan since: 1996
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite Current Coyote: Conor Garland
Favorite Non-Coyote: Max Domi
Other Sports: NONE!!!

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Pho Gia Dinh and Chodang (both in Chandler, AZ)
Favorite Beverage: Wild Turkey 101

Favorite Shows: The Sopranos

Favorite Movies: Dirty Work, The Muppets (2011), The Revenant, There Will be Blood, It's a Wonderful Life, The Thin Red Line, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Revenge of the Nerds

Favorite Books: The Goldfinch, The Son, Snow Falling on Cedars, Les Misérables, East of Eden, All the Light We Cannot See, Dances with Wolves, Saigon, Shogun, and everything by Philip Roth

Post a selfie:
upload_2021-2-22_17-18-52.png

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Here’s another: What vehicle type do you prefer?

Luxury car, sports car, pick up, suv, or motorcycle?

I’m going luxury car.

Guilty pleasures?

Wu Tang Clan, fast food from drive throughs, and HFBoards.com.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I was asking @BUX7PHX about himself in the other thread. It occurred to me that we haven't done one of these in a long time (at least I can't remember the last one).

I'll post an initial list of survey questions. Please add to them with better ones. Let's get to know each other better. :)

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Pho Gia Dinh and Chodang (both in Chandler, AZ)

Favorite Movies: Dirty Work, The Muppets (2011), The Revenant, There Will be Blood, It's a Wonderful Life, The Thin Red Line, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Revenge of the Nerds

Favorite Books: The Goldfinch, The Son, Snow Falling on Cedars, Les Misérables, East of Eden, All the Light We Cannot See, Dances with Wolves, Saigon, Shogun, and everything by Philip Roth

Post a selfie:
View attachment 399282

The selfies will be like the first time you see a picture of your favorite DJ. You know, the one on the classic rock station with the sultry voice that you fantasize over...until you see her photo. :eek:

rt

May 13, 2004
The selfies will be like the first time you see a picture of your favorite DJ. You know, the one on the classic rock station with the sultry voice that you fantasize over...until you see her photo. :eek:
I'm sorry I've disappointed you. LOL. I feel like I've been pretty open about looking like a haggard version of Bob's Big Boy with terrible complexion. Haha. I'm sorry I have to admit that I'm of Irish heritage. We dry out, puff up, and turn red. I don't know why it happens, but we tend to trick people into marrying us before it gets too bad.

I have to say, I don't share your optimism. It's a hockey chat forum. I'm expecting most of us have an affinity for nacho cheese, and many of us have more hair on our backs that on our heads. :)

PS: Answer the the damn questionnaire and post the damn selfie.

PPS: Yes, I obviously made this thread and posted the picture while in the office. Haha. No snitching!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My recent best example of a picture not matching the voice is the PxP guy for the Florida Panthers. I was expecting Miles Silverberg from Murphy Brown.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Name: Nick
Height/Weight/Build: lanky
Currently residing in: Winnipeg
Hometown: Winnipeg
Pets: x
Kids: 3yo girl

Coyotes fan since: 90s
Favorite Non-Coyote: Ehlers
Other Sports: snowboarding and rugby

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: pizza
Favorite Beverage: cider

Favorite Shows: GoT, Watchmen

Favorite Movies: Ravenous, Apocalypto, No Country for Old Men, I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore

Favorite Books: Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, Jitterbug Perfume

Favorite Ride: EVs

Guilty Pleasures: permaculture channels on youtube

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Name: Scott
Height/Weight/Build: 5'10, 165 lbs, trying to keep chest size > waist
Currently residing in: KC metro, on the Kansas side
Hometown: None. Moved a lot. Horizon HS grad
Pets: Charlie, shih tzu/ bichon frise mix
Kids: Two boys (grown and gone). Two grandkids...yeah I'm old.

Favorite All-Time Coyote: Derek Morris
Favorite Non-Coyote: Patrick Kane
Other Sports: Baseball, road cycling, sailing

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: baby back ribs from SLAPs (squeal like a pig) in KCK
Favorite Beverage: MexiCoke

Favorite Shows: Nero Wolf, Barry, Sneaky Pete

Favorite Movies: Airheads, Bourne franchise, Groundhog Day

Favorite Books: Fiction: Sherlock Holmes, Nero Wolf, Pillars of the Earth trilogy. Non fiction: anything by Jon Anderson or Bing West. Historical fiction by Jeff Shaara or his dad's book Killer Angels.

Dream car: Porsche 911. Had an old Miata that was a blast to drive.

Favorite Bands/Artists: Too many to list, but here goes: Rush, AC/DC, Real Big Fish, Death, Tool, The Clash, The Ramones, The GoGos (ha!, Live in Central Park is REALLY good), The Killers, Collective Soul, No Doubt, The Cars, Chicago, Springsteen, Def Leppard, Grace Potter, Samantha Fish, Portugal the Man, Queen, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Telekinesis, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metalica, Thievery Corporation, The Police, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Bob Marley, The Specials, Rancid, Goldfinger, aaaaannnnddd Sublime.

Guilty pleasure: Chick flicks.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Name: SniperHF ;) I have met maybe ~6 HFers offline, they know it.
Height/Weight/Build: 5'6 175 fit-passing (insert Jim Rome sound effect)
Occupation: IT Drone, mostly networking these days though I've worked in datacenters, cloud, sys admin, NOC, and most any IT task you can think of that isn't related to programming.
Currently residing in: Peoria, AZ
Hometown: The Valley

Coyotes fan since: 1998?
Favorite All-Time Coyote that isn't Shane Doan: NHL Player Derek Morris.
Favorite Current Coyote: Christian Dvorak Or Antti Raanta if he's not hurt.
Favorite Non-Coyote: Roman Josi
Other Sports: Baseball, though the changes to the game have me a bit despondent.

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Anything Italian.
Favorite Beverage: Coca Cola

Favorite Shows: Stargate SG1, Justified, Burn Notice, Hell on Wheels, Damages
Favorite Movie: The Hunt for Red October

Favorite Books: Dunno that I have a favorite really, probably don't read enough to have one.
Currently Reading: The Righteous Mind
Favorite band/artists: Metallica, Faith No More.

Hobby: Lately I've been learning to make Ooni fired-oven pizzas.
Selfie: Same as the first question :P

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Name: Cory
Height/Weight/Build: 6'0, 150
Currently residing in: Toronto
Hometown: London
Pets: Nope
Kids: Nope

Coyotes fan since: 2012ish ... the first 15 years my fandom was with another team!
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Shane Doan, probably
Favorite Current Coyote: Jakob Chychrun
Favorite Non-Coyote: Jack Eichel
Other Sports: Nope

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Probably Greek, though I eat like Chayka!
Favorite Beverage: Water (Chayka answer), Vodka, a beer snob otherwise, used to be coffee but went cold turkey

Favorite Shows: Seinfeld is probably the all-timer. Binged 'Better Call Saul' at the start of the pandemic and it's probably up there.

Favorite Movies: All kinds but can never seem to remember them! Open to Netflix recommendations.

Favorite Books: I have a tendency to buy books but not actually read them! They stack up. Brian Burke's recent book is fun though.

Far too lazy to post a selfie but have been told I'm the doppelganger of Nick Foligno!

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Name: Nick
Height/Weight/Build: lanky
Currently residing in: Winnipeg
Hometown: Winnipeg
Pets: x
Kids: 3yo girl

Coyotes fan since: 90s
Favorite Non-Coyote: Ehlers
Other Sports: snowboarding and rugby

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: pizza
Favorite Beverage: cider

Favorite Shows: GoT, Watchmen

Favorite Movies: Ravenous, Apocalypto, No Country for Old Men, I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore

Favorite Books: Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, Jitterbug Perfume

Favorite Ride: EVs

Guilty Pleasures: permaculture channels on youtube
Did you ninja edit out Skinny Legs and All or am I losing it?

Also what is EVs? And what is permaculture?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Name: Tony
Height/Weight/Build: 5'11/Ugh/Muscle gone to flab
Occupation: Higher education communications, former sports reporter and marketer
Currently residing in: Peoria, AZ
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Pets: Three cats
Kids: Four daughters, three in college

Coyotes fan since: 2002
Favorite Current Coyote: Tyler Pitlick
Favorite Non-Coyote: Robert Luongo
Other Sports: Motorsports, Soccer, Bobsledding

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Pizza. Particularly fond of Graziano's in N. Glendale.
Favorite Beverage: Purple Cow

Favorite Shows: The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, Chicago Fire, Parks and Recreation, NewsRadio, Breaking Bad, among others

Favorite Movies: The Right Stuff, Stranger than Fiction, The Godfather, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013), Marty (1954), basically anything on TCM

Favorite Books: The Right Stuff, The Game, Ball Four, Dune, World War 2 Pacific Theatre history books, too many more to mention

Post a selfie: Heck nah

Vehicle to drive: Porsche 991 RSR

Vehicle to own: Mazda3

Guilty pleasures: HFBoards, flight simulation, iRacing, Alaskan cruises

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Did you ninja edit out Skinny Legs and All or am I losing it?

Also what is EVs? And what is permaculture?
Busted on the edit.
I love Tom Robins, my favorite is Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas but I typed the title of one of his others by accident.

EVs is electric vehicles. Our family car is a Leaf and I love it. I'm shopping for a replacement with more range and some towing capacity.

Permaculture is basically mixed organic orcharding. The people that teach it would give a more eloquent definition that highlights 'design' and 'lifestyle'. I got some empty land before the pandemic and I'm planting an S-ton of trees.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Busted on the edit.
I love Tom Robins, my favorite is Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas but I typed the title of one of his others by accident.

EVs is electric vehicles. Our family car is a Leaf and I love it. I'm shopping for a replacement with more range and some towing capacity.

Permaculture is basically mixed organic orcharding. The people that teach it would give a more eloquent definition that highlights 'design' and 'lifestyle'. I got some empty land before the pandemic and I'm planting an S-ton of trees.

Did you see The Biggest Little Farm documentary. It's really good.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Did you see The Biggest Little Farm documentary. It's really good.
Yeah. I liked it too. They had some serious $ invested in that project. Our place is more like tents and wood ticks and seedlings started in my basement. Ten years from now it'll be something though.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah. I liked it too. They had some serious $ invested in that project. Our place is more like tents and wood ticks and seedlings started in my basement. Ten years from now it'll be something though.

Not only $$$, but staff. It wasn't really a "family farm". Lots of workers.

The idea that every natural problem has a natural solution is cool, but probably not practical on an industrial scale.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not only $$$, but staff. It wasn't really a "family farm". Lots of workers.

The idea that every natural problem has a natural solution is cool, but probably not practical on an industrial scale.
It is a beautiful idea. Scaling it up will look way different from the scale of current crop farming.

rt

May 13, 2004
Busted on the edit.

Hard cider? I really love the bone dry stuff. The super, super dry stuff. Schilling London Dry.

Skinny Legs and All was a hoot. :)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm bottling 15 gallons of bone dry, wild fermented cider in a few weeks. Hope to make it last through the summer but once it's chilled in the fridge it tends to disappear quickly.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Well, I guess the username doesn't lie. This man is NOT a Millennial. Haha.

I did say I was a GenXer in the other thread...i am on the cusp of Boomer, but I definitely qualify as younger on the "did you ever spend all day watching music videos?" differentiating question. Definitely 80s, not 70s.
------------------------------
Name: Stuart
Age people guess if they don't know my age: 45
Height/Weight/Build: between Garland and Keller, but old
Currently residing in: Chandler, AZ
Hometown: Titusville, FL (home of Daniel Tosh and Cris Collinsworth)
Birthplace: Grand Forks, ND (after taking up hockey at 35, I'd kid my dad about ruining my hockey career by moving me to Florida aged 2)
Number of HFers met IRL: 4, I think. Maybe 5 or 6.

Coyotes fan since: 1996 (actually rooted for the Jets from 1981, obviously Florida didn't have a team, so I picked the team closest to my birth...I didn't care much, though, not a lot of coverage then)
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Daniel Briere (see ht/wt above)
Favorite Non-Coyote: mmmm....I dunno
Other Sports: have played many, follow many

Favorite Shows: since the dawn of streaming The Americans, Ozark, Get shorty, the IT Crowd, Bojack Horseman...Archer, Arrested Development

Favorite Movies: too many to list, but two I thought would be awful that I really liked were Spaceballs and The Fifth Element

Favorite Books: non fiction the last 20 years.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Name: Anthony
Height/Weight/Build: 5’8 180

Currently residing in: Mesa, AZ

Hometown: Iwakuni, Japan

Pets: Two dogs. Nikita (German shepherd) and Daisy (little curly headed f*** from the rescue my wife chose.)

Kids: One girl, one boy on the way

Coyotes fan since: 2010 ish
Favorite Non-Coyote: Pavel Datsyuk
Other Sports: Cardinals football. I’ll root for all the AZ teams though.

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Tokyo Stop in Chandler

Favorite Beverage: death wish coffee

Favorite Shows: Attack on Titan, Mandalorian

Favorite Movies: Godzilla movies, also really liked Endgame

Favorite Books: I don’t read for leisure. I should start.

What vehicle type do you prefer? SUV. Hopefully getting our Tesla after the baby is born. I drive a lot for my job.

Selfie: when I figure out how to post one I will. Might get a hair cut tomorrow. The wife has been bitching at me to get mine cut (for reference it’s Adin Hill long right now.)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Name: Chris
Height/Weight/Build: 5'9'' 210 lbs 1/2 muscle 1/2 fat now that I'm old
Currently residing in: Chandler, AZ
Hometown: Redding, CA
Birthplace: Yreka, CA
Kids: Son (just turned 21)
Number of HFers met: 0 - still waiting for an HF Social Event

Coyotes fan since: 2002 when I moved to the valley
Favorite Current Coyote: Jakub Chychrun/Conor Garland
Favorite Non-Coyote: Auston Matthews
Other Sports: HS Basketball (claim to fame me, my brother and 2 other sub-6footers won Hoop It Up Open Division), HS Baseball, HS Football, Beer League Hockey, Tennis, Golf - always been able to play anything with a stick or a ball.

Favorite Shows: Seinfeld, The Walking Dead
Favorite Movies: Back to the Future, John Wick, High Fidelity
Favorite Books: anything Grisham and Lord of the Rings
Favorite Music: 80s Rock, and a big Green Day/Linkin Park fan

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Number of HFers met: I met a handful at a game like 2014/15ish timeframe I think? I don't even really remember but I think I brought a buddy with me and did a poor job socializing. I feel like @moosemeister was there but I really can't think of who the other posters were. I do remember having a good time and enjoying meeting everyone.

Post a selfie:
View attachment 399282
I don't know why but your selfie is not how I pictured you in my head, and I don't mean that in any way other than I have assigned fake faces to a handful of posters and this does not match what's in my head haha.

Name: Zack
Height/Weight/Build: 6'0, 170lbs
Occupation: Well, I recently went back to the retail management side of things due to covid killing my sales job but that will only be for a bit longer. I'll likely be returning to a new sales job haha.
Currently residing in: Ahwatukee, AZ (Seattle, WA in about 15 days)
Hometown: Ahwatukee, AZ
Pets: One dog (Border Terrier) and 2 cats
Kids: Two boys (ages 3 and 6 weeks)

Favorite All-Time Coyote: Hanzal or Z
Favorite Current Coyote: Chychrun
Favorite Non-Coyote:
Other Sports: College Football but I have been slacking the last few years.

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: This is tough, I actually prefer my tacos to most places and would say tacos are probably my favorite food currently. Pizza, burgers and chicken wings are pretty freakin close though.
Favorite Beverage: I accidently quit drinking soo.. Stone "Delicious IPA"?

Favorite Shows: The Magicians on Netflix. Absolutely nothing special about it, just easy for me to have it on and not get bored of it. Helps that they cast very attractive female actresses and the gay male actor is my favorite because of his demeanor throughout the series. It's too bad SciFi dropped it.

Favorite Movies: The original Star Wars movies? Do documentaries count?

Favorite Books: I actually can't sit down and read a whole book. I get about half way through and get bored.

View media item 8492 Working on my laptop in my bathroom because I have painters here and my house

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don't know why but your selfie is not how I pictured you in my head, and I don't mean that in any way other than I have assigned fake faces to a handful of posters and this does not match what's in my head haha.
Definitely this...it's funny how we just sort of assign rando faces in our head. Hell I honestly can't even describe the face I had assigned to rt but when I saw the selfie I thought...wait who is that...that's not rt. Humans are interesting creatures!

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->