Robert Hagg Re-signs with the Flyers (report: 2 years at $1.15 million cap hit per season)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The last two months on that chart! Brutal. Poor Hagger. I have been hoping for a trade for a while because I think his perceived is likely relatively high to someone out there.
Tbf February 2019 was only a 3 game sample.

But with today's:
CF% 36.84
CF% rel -18.54
xGF% 23.61
xGF% rel -30.09

...and his consistent track record, he's headed for another banner month!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tbf February 2019 was only a 3 game sample.

But with today's:
CF% 36.84
CF% rel -18.54
xGF% 23.61
xGF% rel -30.09

...and his consistent track record, he's headed for another banner month!

1 assist, +3 today.

Jfc it's like some people just want to hate on the guy. He's doing his job. How'd Ghost do today?

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The one he didn't get an assist on was actually a pretty good pass from him for once. Unfortunately the rest of the game was a mess.
Yup, that was a genuinely good play by him on the Lindblom goal.

No problem admitting when he actually does something good, but unfortunately it’s so rare I don’t get to prove that often. :laugh:

But yeah, he’s a disaster 99% of time. The rare good play out of him is as inconsequential in the big picture as the rare bad play out of a good player. Replace Mac with Myers and then Hagg with Morin when he’s ready. Hagg is a bust so might as well give Morin a shot to see if he’s any better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1 assist, +3 today.

Jfc it's like some people just want to hate on the guy. He's doing his job. How'd Ghost do today?

That assist was pure luck too :laugh:

He did support the rush well today, ill give him that. Bad in his own end as always though.

Reactions: Adtar02

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Well bad stretch from bad player is a whole lot of poop, but at least he didn't lose the games outright for them like Amax at the beginning of the year.
Wonder what team feels likeabouthis recent play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Absolutely horrible player who has fooled gullible people into thinking he can actually play in the NHL. Remember in the beginning of the year when he fooled people some into thinking he had improved by getting carried by the top line and piling up a few points that had nothing to do with him?

Bad in all 3 zones, horrible puck mover, black hole offensively, tied with MacDonald for worst player defensively, and isn't even actually a tough guy. He goes for quantity of hits, typically by being way out of position, but doesn't even hit hard. I'm surprised even the hockey dinosaurs like him since he's surprisingly weak physically.

He should be as equally as high priority to remove from the team as MacDonald. Neither are NHL players and we'll be better off when both are gone. Our top 4 are MILES better, Gudas is clearly better, and Morin certainly has the potential to be better and really couldn't be any worse.

Time to go back to Sweden and meet up with his biggest fan, Coach Hak.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
7cd1a42764f5a1a782e76e7a47f7b31f.png

90ad68a8e4d30119f770b689feefbebc.png

Updated through February.

It was a career-worst month for Haggster, propped up by a 103 PDO. That was while playing with noted play driver Radko Gudas.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I desperately hope a team like Winnipeg sees value in him because of his price tag and control. If we could throw a 1st rounder+Hagg+2nd rounder in 2020 for Trouba because of their cap issues I’ll be rejoicing in the streets.
If that gets it done, holy shit I’m sold. There’s no way, I mean I think if it was this years pick. Or it’s gonna be a prospect we don’t want to give up.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Don't bother. If someone likes Hagg and also wants Ghost traded then quality of play clearly isn't something they care about. :laugh:

Hits > wins
It’s so bizarre. He’s touted as this big hitter and doesn’t even really have that. If your saving grace is as a hitter, you damn well better be an intimidator. It was a different time but I remember denis gauthier was basically here for his hitting ability—and he made sure people were worrying about him when they went into the corner. Hagg does not strike fear in anyone.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s so bizarre. He’s touted as this big hitter and doesn’t even really have that. If your saving grace is as a hitter, you damn well better be an intimidator. It was a different time but I remember denis gauthier was basically here for his hitting ability—and he made sure people were worrying about him when they went into the corner. Hagg does not strike fear in anyone.
Gudas was a real hitter before the suspensions.

Ghost is a bigger hitter than Hagg and FAR better defensively... but stereotypes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad