Robert Hagg Re-signs with the Flyers (report: 2 years at $1.15 million cap hit per season)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not really. To me you expose him and karlson in that scenario. But if we pick up karlson he should be exposed as his contract will be super high. And less likely picked. But if he is we bridged the gap of having a solid veteran presence.
An expansion team with no payroll commitments would gobble up EK. He’d probably have a NMC anyway.

Why even acquire Trouba if you’re just gonna expose him the following season?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
90ad68a8e4d30119f770b689feefbebc.png

Updated through February.

It was a career-worst month for Haggster, propped up by a 103 PDO. That was while playing with noted play driver Radko Gudas.

Yeh, and the first half of his season this year was solid too...

47.74% CF
49.75% SF
51.66% HDCF

Which considering the minutes he was playing is actually really decent.

But that may well be because he was playing with Provorov or Ghost a lot of the time.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
**** that, his grotesque mishandling by Hextall and Hakstol is as bad as it gets. Playing at all is a long overdue necessity.

Yeah the idea that players have to be coddled to make it into the NHL is ridiculous. Play the f***ing guy. He's almost 24. Hagg is an epic disaster.

If confidence in handling the puck is going to ruin him he wasn't going to make it anyway.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
In the AHL when on the same team though he seemed a better puck handler than Hagg though... especially on breakouts.

its hard not to be a better puckhandler than Hagg. He has the worst puck skills of any dman the flyers have Completing a pass of more than 10 feet is a chore for him. Hagg is a guy that you just have to let go at this point, he is brutal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He was drafted 6 years ago and has played 3 NHL games. He isn't some 18 year old rookie, and it's time he get into the lineup.
He’s coming off major knee surgery, barely has played in a year, & only has 3 NHL games’ experience as it is.

Yeah, just “throw him in there” in must-win NHL games.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If we get in a crunch for the expansion draft I have no problem offering futures to have them not take our players. If we are at that place I would be happy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

47.74% CF
49.75% SF
51.66% HDCF

But that may well be because he was playing with Provorov or Ghost a lot of the time.
And CONSTANTLY with the top forwards.

Even now, his most common teammates...
25eecba82b566e90f3d89f8291bb1be0.png

Reactions: Magua

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If only a member of our worthless media asked Gordon what his logic is behind stapling Hagg to Giroux.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hmmm maybe the JVR-Giroux-Konecny line would have been more effective if they hadn't been stapled to Hagg.
I do recall JVR deflecting home a perfect setup shot from Hagg a couple games ago, TBF. I think Hagg should sit, but I’ll still give credit when due.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I love it. Hagg makes a rare NHL quality play and we're supposed to lay off of him and ignore the fact that he just might be the worst regular defenseman in the entire league.

Ghost does shit like this (breaks up a zone entry with his stick, sends it the other way, jumps up on the rush, and snipes a goal) and the same people shout "Trade him!" Ridiculous.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I love it. Hagg makes a rare NHL quality play and we're supposed to lay off of him and ignore the fact that he just might be the worst regular defenseman in the entire league.

Ghost does **** like this (breaks up a zone entry with his stick, sends it the other way, jumps up on the rush, and snipes a goal) and the same people shout "Trade him!" Ridiculous.

Meanwhile Ghost/Myers are getting stuck with Raffl/Knight/Varone.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Are you alleging I said fans should “lay off” Hagg because I pointed out one nice assist he had on a JVR goal? When in the same post I said I think he should be scratched?

Do you actually believe your wild fabrications? You literally make up arguments for other people & then complain about your own fabrications.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Are you alleging I said fans should “lay off” Hagg because I pointed out one nice assist he had on a JVR goal? When in the same post I said I think he should be scratched?

Do you actually believe your wild fabrications? You literally make up arguments for other people & then complain about your own fabrications.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

47.74% CF
49.75% SF
51.66% HDCF

Which is why some GM, with an undersized puck moving RHD, will look at Hagg as a value acquisition.

I have no problem playing Morin, I just think it would be a mistake to pair him with Gudas.
Morin - Myers would be an impressive looking pair, but as a HC, I'd probably have to avert my eyes at times, the blind leading the blind.
Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Ghost

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Which is why some GM, with an undersized puck moving RHD, will look at Hagg as a value acquisition.

I have no problem playing Morin, I just think it would be a mistake to pair him with Gudas.
Morin - Myers would be an impressive looking pair, but as a HC, I'd probably have to avert my eyes at times, the blind leading the blind.
Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Ghost

These are the other pairings I'd like to eventually see. I just don't know that throwing Myers into the kind of minutes Provorov sees right now is ideal and I'd like to try to see if Provorov Ghost can do what they did last year again, which was be a completely awesome pairing. Morin & Myers is really inexperienced, but would be an interesting pair to match up with Giroux at least occasionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad