In Memoriam RIP Buffaloed

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
This is heartbreaking. Never got to now him in person, but always loved his sense of humor in here.
Rest in peace, Buffaloed.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not to mention, this board has brought together people from all over the world, no matter race, religion or whatever makes us different. On here we are one big family (especially us, the sabres board). And without him, we wouldn't have shared the love, the laughs and everything in between.
So true. Everyone, kindly please take a moment and read the above again.
I'll repeat what I've said a few times before, although it's been a couple years:
I'll gladly buy/share a beer (or whatever) with any poster on this board no matter how much we may differ in age, political views, hockey opinions, etc.
I'm met several current or former Sabres board posters (and your kids) whether at games, or on your/our travels, etc.
In the zeitgeist of today's Canadian & American societies (can't validly comment on Europe, etc.) where it often seems the covert - if not overt - goal is to divide or diminish us, it is clear the Sabres, and hockey in general, unites us far stronger than any differences, either real or constructed, divide us.
I'm not one to start GDTs, but I think we should have each GDT for this season co-titled with a Buffaloed quote that might have brought laughter or joy to someone on these boards or something similar to that effect.
I like this idea. If it has enough traction, one way to do it would be to link, in your post above, and in the OP of this thread, to a separate 2022-23 GDT thread of "Buffaloed chips" starter fodder, from which individual GDT thread starters could select a relevant quip for the game/opponent. That thread would be a catalog / repository we could post our favorite quotes/comments by @Buffaloed, which would serve as the collated source material for the GDT thread starters.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
So true. Everyone, kindly please take a moment and read the above again.
I'll repeat what I've said a few times before, although it's been a couple years:
I'll gladly buy/share a beer (or whatever) with any poster on this board no matter how much we may differ in age, political views, hockey opinions, etc.
I'm met several current or former Sabres board posters (and your kids) whether at games, or on your/our travels, etc.
In the zeitgeist of today's Canadian & American societies (can't validly comment on Europe, etc.) where it often seems the covert - if not overt - goal is to divide or diminish us, it is clear the Sabres, and hockey in general, unites us far stronger than any differences, either real or constructed, divide us.

I like this idea. If it has enough traction, one way to do it would be to link, in your post above, and in the OP of this thread, to a separate 2022-23 GDT thread of "Buffaloed chips" starter fodder, from which individual GDT thread starters could select a relevant quip for the game/opponent. That thread would be a catalog / repository we could post our favorite quotes/comments by @Buffaloed, which would serve as the collated source material for the GDT thread starters.
First part - very well said.

Re the second part - it would be difficult to do for every game (would also lose value) but i think we should dedicate at least one game entirely to him & do a 'Buffaloed' night. Maybe tie in with some kind of fundraising in his memory? Any other ideas obviously welcome - especially from some of you folks who knew him a lot better.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think his “we can do better” thread was my all time favorite here (I’m pretty sure it was him). Someone needs to bump it, just as applicable now

Yeah, that was a fantastic one.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Yeah, that was a fantastic one.

Ah yes, that is the one

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Buffaloed’s departed,
And now here I sit,
Wondering about his name and how you pronounce it?

His positivity overflowed,
And all the facts that he knowed,
And so it could be that it’s said Buffaloed

“We can do better” he said,
With these words in my head,
Maybe I’m wrong is it Buffalo-Ed?

Whichever you choose,
It seems we had to lose
him, (I write in the style of Dr Seuss)

It sucks what he went through,
And all those he knew too,
I finish my prose with Farewell to You

BuffaloSabres21

Aug 10, 2022
Hi HF Board, I'm Joe (Buffaloed)'s nephew, Sean. Longtime Buffalo Sabres fan living in enemy territory of Boston.
Reading these incredible comments and the impact that my uncle had in shaping and developing this community is awe-inspiring. Truly immeasurable, especially the comments above about this forum resulting in relationships and children being born from this community!!!

I messaged Fenway initially that I would try to poke around here and read through some of his posts to better appreciate his impact and online presence.

That being said, hopefully Buffalo can do him proud this season and finally get back to the playoffs.
Thank you to all of you for the kind wishes, support, and love.

For all of those asking for contributions in his memory, I believe our family has settled on 11 Day Power Play for issuing donations in his memory. A fitting cause tying hockey to fighting cancer.

-Sean

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Our new banner just went live

image.png

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
RIP Buffaloed

Guy had a humorous and nice way of reminding people that conversations were getting sidetracked without directly warning people. Seems his kindness extended well outside this forum as well

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not one to start GDTs, but I think we should have each GDT for this season co-titled with a Buffaloed quote that might have brought laughter or joy to someone on these boards or something similar to that effect.

We also haven't had themed avatars in years, so maybe: whatever the avatar image + some sort of pencil art transparent layer Buffaloed theme... just spitballing there. :dunno:

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I remember when getting angry at the direction the Sabres were taking, it would always be worth it to come back to this forum to see what humorous thing Buffaloed would say next. I've dealt with many deaths in my life over the past ten years, but it never gets easy seeing someone pass who you care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad