Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Screenshot 2022-08-14 164647.png

c4.jpg

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Not to double down on the morbidity, but is there any relation to Colleen Brunner from Hamburg who died on Pan AM 103?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Saw the header update and my stomach hit the floor. Buff was a GREAT person. I cannot believe how much he stayed down to earth and hilarious. I know we are all getting old but Parabola, Fugu, and Buff. This is so painful to see.

Im not sure how old Joe was but he touched many lives. RIP. HF will miss you greatly.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Sorry for everyone's loss who cared for him. Not the type of thing anyone of us expect to log in and see. RIP.

Reactions: Chainshot

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Having a Beef on Weck in his honor today

View attachment 577160

I am going to respond to your posts so long as they are about beef on weck!

You really can’t them down here in Texas. But I have to go to Buffalo next week, and I’ll be having one as well in honor of our old friend!

As always, it’s been nice checking in on this thread every few days and seeing these posts. They genuinely make me happy, and that’s a good feeling when it’s a sad topic.

Reactions: Fenway

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Haven't visited in a while and when I did, this is the 1st thread I read.

Deeply saddened yet also celebratory because I was fortunate to have interacted with him for these past 15 or so years.

Joe had an uncanny ability to read people correctly. Even on line. He put me in time out once. I deserved it. When I immediately apologized he told me he knew I had smidgen of class and had already figured me out!

A moderators moderator.

Given his schooling at Canisius, I am going to assume he was a man of faith and someone who (like me) doesn't believe the earthly life is all that there is.

You will be missed Buff but many many prayers for you as you embark on your next stage journey.

Blessings Joe....

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Aw jeez, I'm on my usual summer break from hockey so I hadn't heard the news until just now. RIP Buffaloed, I haven't been around as long as many of the other guys here but he was always very kind to me in our few interactions. The well wishes left by everyone else here tell me just how much an impact he left on the boards, he should be proud of how far this place came along over the years. Rest in peace.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It would be cool if we could make a lot of noise and bring his legacy to the attention of Sabres Twitter.

Even the Pegula's probably acknowledge that HFBoards are full of die hard hockey fans and probably the biggest community of gathered Sabres fans on the internet (Twitter not included).

I mean even if not, what I am saying is true and adds to this site and his legacy even more. I think I even remember Murray mentioning HFBoards once.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It would be cool if we could make a lot of noise and bring his legacy to the attention of Sabres Twitter.

Even the Pegula's probably acknowledge that HFBoards are full of die hard hockey fans and probably the biggest community of gathered Sabres fans on the internet (Twitter not included).

I mean even if not, what I am saying is true and adds to this site and his legacy even more. I think I even remember Murray mentioning HFBoards once.
I’m only a lurker on Sabres Twitter because I don’t tweet but I’m fairly confident those folks browse here based on the timing of some tweets in the past after things have been posted on these boards. Maybe they even post but I have no clue.

It would be a nice gesture.

Reactions: Chainshot

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I’m only a lurker on Sabres Twitter because I don’t tweet but I’m fairly confident those folks browse here based on the timing of some tweets in the past after things have been posted on these boards. Maybe they even post but I have no clue.

It would be a nice gesture.

I posted about it. @Doctor No retweeted me and he got a few people who used to post here find out

Reactions: Doctor No

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad