Post-Game Talk: Ride the Schneider to Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The problem is that Gelly needed to be sent down by last Friday. At this point, he'll need to sit out the Olympic break no matter what.

Probably isn't the worst thing in the world for him to get an extended break at this point, he's regressing in the Pete doghouse.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If Lou doesnt work to sign Schneider this summer i will be Livid

Look, i want Lou to take the first 2-3 weeks of July to focus on UFA's and bettering the team, but once we hit Late July, August, start talking to his agent

GoDevils1983*

:laugh::laugh:

We must kill the Deboer

Look I don't like Pete and haven't liked him as a coach for a long time but really our team plays an A game tonight and we almost blow it by allowing a late goal to Dallas. This team just isn't that good and my Lord this team trying to score goals ... LOL! Point is while I think there are things he has done to hurt Devils teams over the years in regards to how he uses personnel I am not sure the "Let us play Marty" is his choice and I am not sure about other personnel decisions either and so don't blame him for everything that is average about this team this year. How can fans expect this team to be much better than a .500 team when they can't score? Now hey I do blame him for the stupid lineup decisions in G#1 and #2 of the SCF vs LA and I do blame him for using Moose too much when it was obvious he couldn't handle the #1 job when Marty got hurt last year and so if he is fired well fire him for his whole body of work and for the right things. Please don't have it be all about this year.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Get 2 points tomorrow and I'll feel a little better about this team's chances down the stretch but I'm sure Salvador is already thinking about ways he can screw up tomorrow.

GoDevils1983*

Laugh.

I actually feel bad for Lokti at this point...he gave up $3 million in Russia for THIS?

I don't feel sorry for him. While he is a younger player out there and could get better with more ice time well he needs to show he deserves more minutes and could have done a little more than he did with the minutes he got. The guy averaged under a shot per game this year thus far and is supposed to be an offensive player. I don't care if he is on the roster or not. The guy is also only a 5th round, 123rd overall pick which means he is no guarantee to be anything. If Lou can get something for him do it.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I don't feel sorry for him. While he is a younger player out there and could get better with more ice time well he needs to show he deserves more minutes and could have done a little more than he did with the minutes he got. The guy averaged under a shot per game this year thus far and is supposed to be an offensive player. I don't care if he is on the roster or not. The guy is also only a 5th round, 123rd overall pick which means he is no guarantee to be anything. If Lou can get something for him do it.

I don't think Loktionov is that good either but it was the principle of the thing. Why the hell would you bench him when he was one of our better forwards and played a huge part in our only goal against Colorado? It makes no sense whatsoever to sit him for 2 weeks and counting after he played well.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zajac has 23 points in 39 games playing with Jagr. That's flirting with a 50 point pace.

Those 4 points in 14 game at the beginning of the season before getting paired with Jagr really weigh down his season stats.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
For those of you not paying attention: Devils are tied for the 6th most ROW wins in the conference. Tied for 5th fewest regulation losses.

My god this team is going to miss the playoffs because of a 4% shootout rate. :shakehead

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Another good one to ponder:

2012 Devils had 36 ROW's. They had 16 games go to SO.

Current squad is on pace for 34 ROW's with 12 games going to SO.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
Every time Salvador touches the puck, the next place it goes is the other team's stick with him facing our goal chasing the other player.

He looks like a men's league player right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad