Prospect Info: RHD Calen Addison - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If anything, he sounds more like a Tyson Barrie than he does a Kris Letang.
With his roving offensive style he reminds me of younger Dan Boyle.

Probably doesn’t matter a lick for his NHL prospects but in interviews he’s really mature and articulate. Like maybe more than any player his age I’ve seen.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Great to get a guy like this. We didn't have anyone with high end skill from the blueline in our system until we nabbed him.

He's a right shot too which is always nice.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Interesting pick. Sounds like he could be a Ryan Ellis or David Warsofsky, depending if he is willing to learn (and in fact does) learn to play defense, and either grows or learns to compensate for his size. Sounds like he skates better than DP. I still remember seeing DP for the first time in the WJC and wondering if he always played this poorly in his own end. What might have been . . .

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Someone like Addison should be more likely to succeed in development now that we have a coach at the NHL level that is interested in developing quality players and not just grinders.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What did you expect the Penguins to do, send a scout to Michigan AND Sweden? We just asked Joe Morrow who he liked most.

Well this year we just asked Jordy Bellerive to pick and everyone seems happy with it so far.

Reactions: Badfish87

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The RHS really improves his value

True. I hope we don't trade him any time soon. We have nobody like him in the system, and Letang is getting older. We will eventually need to replace Letang, and getting a guy who can run the PP via FA is mighty expensive.

Sure we might have Schultz for a while yet, but Schultz has yet to prove he can consistently man the #1 PP. He did it for one year, but then last year when he split time with Tanger he kinda lost his mojo a bit.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
With his roving offensive style he reminds me of younger Dan Boyle.

Probably doesn’t matter a lick for his NHL prospects but in interviews he’s really mature and articulate. Like maybe more than any player his age I’ve seen.

Incredibly well spoken. Leadership material if he progresses.

Dude is silky with his skating and hands from those videos posted above. Awesome edge work.

Reactions: Jacob

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Are there any prospect sites anymore that give run downs like Hockey's Future used to do, ranking teams' farm systems?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Watching him, i see more Barrie or Ellis where he potentially tops out.
Letang is really a one of a kind where his athleticism is what made him really good. Not his IQ.

You’re describing Byfuglien, not Letang.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I do contribute to Dobber, but they're (we're?) slanted towards fantasy value...so a Brian Dumoulin clone would be ranked behind a Keven Veilleux clone...so as long as you know that going in, you'll be all right...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad