GDT: Retro Trash? Islanders @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Honestly, Nico, Gusev and Blackwood had good games. Everyone else was varying levels of garbage. Again, we were very lucky to be playing such a mediocre team or else it would have been ugly.
Yup. We had a handful of players keep them in it and give them a chance. Unfortunately one of them also f***ed the team in OT with such an asinine line change.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Severson flat out sucks. Good Lord.

He doesn't suck, but any team that relies on him for major minutes will reap what they sew. Your 25 minute a night horse just can't have a penchant for tossing pizzas into the slot when they're under pressure.

He needs the right partner - someone responsible - and to be assigned the appropriate slot in the pecking order - for me that's #4 with PP-heavy special teams duty.

In Seves' defence, we don't have that luxury right now.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yup. We had a handful of players keep them in it and give them a chance. Unfortunately one of them also ****ed the team in OT with such an asinine line change.

Sometimes I wonder if line changes are on the coach, and if playing in NA 3 on 3 is a lot different. I'll give Goose a bit of a pass as he has had very little experience in that situation.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Severson played like a ****ing idiot tonight. He was the Islanders’ best player.
Him, his d partner in Vatanen was equally as shit and in OT solidified he may have been worse. Zajac was f***ing awful on that tying goal against. He looks so lazy out there right now.

can’t get Hughes and or Bratt back soon enough.

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Islanders have Trotz and a draft pick that fell in their lap.
Other than that it’s a bunch of meh .
They sucked for decades and still haven’t proven anything yet.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Islanders have Trotz and a draft pick that fell in their lap.
Other than that it’s a bunch of meh .
They sucked for decades and still haven’t proven anything yet.

They’re a playoff team. While we are what? A caller dweller with fancy toys and a dumb ass as a GM that wouldn’t know a good coach if he was birthed by one.

Reactions: glenwo2

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Nico never got off the and at the boards in front the during the change. Caused him to slow getting back to the play and left Stubban alone 3.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Him, his d partner in Vatanen was equally as **** and in OT solidified he may have been worse. Zajac was ****ing awful on that tying goal against. He looks so lazy out there right now.

can’t get Hughes and or Bratt back soon enough.

It was definitely a rough shift that led to that goal but it’s really all on Severson. That turnover was atrocious. Totally unnecessary , trapped his teammates and they eventually shit the bed themselves. But you just can’t be making stupid plays like that.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Today I learned that the Islanders, despite being in second in the Metro, are a bad team? Wut

They aren't "bad" per se, more like absolute fools gold. They are coached by one of the best ever and can plug and play spare parts to succeed. You think that team is 2nd without Trotz? You think that team is in the playoffs without Trotz? I doubt it, myself.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
It was definitely a rough shift that led to that goal but it’s really all on Severson. That turnover was atrocious. Totally unnecessary , trapped his teammates and they eventually **** the bed themselves. But you just can’t be making stupid plays like that.
Severson made a horrible play in the o zone, but they had a chance to defend it and then clear it but Zajac shit all over himself and the team with his weak ass clear attempt aka captain Greene, the two that need to go away the fastest or be used in much lesser roles than they currently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad