Retro Reverse Jerseys Coming

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Black would be even more dissapointing. And the retro shark jerseys did not have much color to them. They are literally white/grey/black/teal and considering teal was the main color it can't be used because it would not be a reverse then.
You know, I wasn't thinking that they were literally doing any kind of reversal. I guess it makes more sense when you actually spell it out that way.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
You know, I wasn't thinking that they were literally doing any kind of reversal. I guess it makes more sense when you actually spell it out that way.

I did not know where they were going or meaning by the reverse retro when i first read this thread. But seeing all of the other ones, that is exactly what it is in most cases (minus the ducks, i have no idea what the heck that is).

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I did not know where they were going or meaning by the reverse retro when i first read this thread. But seeing all of the other ones, that is exactly what it is in most cases (minus the ducks, i have no idea what the heck that is).
wild-wing.jpg

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

4805a21fb7bec4e4d40a0fb33fa466af.jpg

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Welp, that's pretty much what I expected.

No thanks for me. Grey = boring

They should've had the balls to do it metallic silver like the 2000 version of that jersey. At least then it'd be fun in its hideousness.
Yes, the metallic....a....silver would have been awesome.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Personally I love the idea of a grey jersey. I think it would be better if it was just grey and teal mind you, without any black but still I’ll likely buy one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Never underestimate this board to crap on anything you may like. Consistency is cool, I guess.

"If you hate it you're just being a conformist dweeb" is as bad a hot take as "everything new and different is awful, the only thing the team should unveil is a return to the originals."

I've made it plainly clear that I don't like this design because I don't like grey as a primary jersey color. I loved the design they're taking from. I hunted down one of the 2000-era silver-sleeves versions. I just have never liked grey as the body of a jersey design because it tends to mute everything around it. But they backed themselves into a corner because the historic Sharks palette only had teal (primary dark color), white (primary light color), black (primary color for alternate designs) and grey (trim) in it, so they were hamstrung by the fact that using any other color from the palette wouldn't be "retro reverse" it'd just be retro.

It's not tragically terrible, it just doesn't do it for me. Especially since it relegates teal (the color that is undoubtedly associated with the Sharks) to basically just being the trim on the collar and cuffs.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
"If you hate it you're just being a conformist dweeb" is as bad a hot take as "everything new and different is awful, the only thing the team should unveil is a return to the originals."

I've made it plainly clear that I don't like this design because I don't like grey as a primary jersey color. I loved the design they're taking from. I hunted down one of the 2000-era silver-sleeves versions. I just have never liked grey as the body of a jersey design because it tends to mute everything around it. But they backed themselves into a corner because the historic Sharks palette only had teal (primary dark color), white (primary light color), black (primary color for alternate designs) and grey (trim) in it, so they were hamstrung by the fact that using any other color from the palette wouldn't be "retro reverse" it'd just be retro.

It's not tragically terrible, it just doesn't do it for me. Especially since it relegates teal (the color that is undoubtedly associated with the Sharks) to basically just being the trim on the collar and cuffs.

Implying that's even a hot take :sarcasm:

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Yeah, those jerseys suck. I'm also not a fan of gray as the primary color (or colour for our Canadian folks ;) )...

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
They are out, I don't hate them . I don't think they would look good on ice though.

It's more, they look fine as a fan accessory but I guess we might see

Now that I have seen the rest I am a bit in shock they didn't do a seals one even if there is no real direct lineage for the team

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad