Retro Reverse Jerseys Coming

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I'm down for some garishly 70s style Seals jerseys. Bring on the yellow/turquoise combo.

But I know I have what most people would think is terrible taste in jerseys. I've always liked the Hurricanes with their hurricane-warning-flag stripes, and I loved the kachina Coyotes jerseys even when everyone said they were hideous (basically before about 3 or 4 years ago when Arizona started toying with them as a regular throwback and everyone suddenly decided they were "retro-cool")

But by the same token, everyone here in Canucks territory loves the late 70s "flying V" jerseys the Canucks had with no logo and just the v-shaped color stripes on the front and I hate them. but I also remember when everyone else hated them too and it wasn't until you could buy a Mitchell & Ness throwback version for like $200 that suddenly they were "beloved classics"
You are not wrong about this Canucks jerseys. They are f***ing putrid

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
We had season tickets for all but the inaugural season but ended up attending every game after the first one we went to and would purchase tickets game of. The season ticket holders took a trip to see them in Sac but they were playing outside at the fairgrounds at the time and the league said the conditions were unsafe and the game was cancelled.

The RHI was so cool

I was at this game and it was tons of fun.

Roy Sommers Championship team. :laugh:

Right before the league started, some friends and I went up to play pickup at Bladium but they failed to tell us no one else signed up so it was just the 6 of us. A bunch of Richmond Renegade players had just gotten to town for the first Rhinos camp and wanted to get used to their new skates so they played pickup with us. Split us all up so it was kinda even. Didn't know who any of them were at the time but it was a blast. Buddy of mine liked do the tip in front thing and lasted about 3 shots by their big D-man until we told him to get the f*** out of there before he gets killed. Couldn't see the puck at all from that dudes slapper. :laugh:

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I went to 1 RHI game during the league's existence. With tickets my grandmother won at bingo :laugh:

I don't remember who the other team was (I don't think it was San Jose) but the home team was the Vancouver Voodoo:

vancouver-voodoo-roller-hockey-jersey_1_3bf360ee686bc6246d7923d0ee490a3b.jpg

Also found this YT link when I was looking for a good image of the jersey

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I went to 1 RHI game during the league's existence. With tickets my grandmother won at bingo :laugh:

I don't remember who the other team was (I don't think it was San Jose) but the home team was the Vancouver Voodoo:

vancouver-voodoo-roller-hockey-jersey_1_3bf360ee686bc6246d7923d0ee490a3b.jpg

Also found this YT link when I was looking for a good image of the jersey

I went to many of the Rhinos games and I had a program from an early game that had all the logos and I liked then logo for, I think the city was Montreal, Roadrunners design but in the program the Vodoo one didn't look that good but in person it really Popped.

P.S. Sitting on the end the Rhinos shot at during warmups they had a goalie named Bell and with a Fast Food partner I used their add slogan to Yelled/Heckled "Hey Bell...Taco Bell Run for The Border" :laugh:

P.S. I still have the White Rhinos Jersey in good condition. :nod:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

The consensus seems to be that the "98" in grey and teal is us, and 1998 is when we introduced these:

Sharks06.png

Interesting that they show the main color of the jersey as grey, though.

Reactions: themelkman

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was hoping the white and teal was us, but no one else would be grey

It makes sense. If the point of these jerseys is to present a recognizable retro design in a different color, then they can't really use teal or white. So that would leave black, which is already predominantly associated with the Sharks as their go-to alternate color, or grey since it's the only other color to be in their palette throughout the pre-Reebok history.

It just sucks because grey usually makes for awful results as a primary color. It doesn't let the other colors pop, it just ties everything together in an uninspiring medley of "blah".

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
It makes sense. If the point of these jerseys is to present a recognizable retro design in a different color, then they can't really use teal or white. So that would leave black, which is already predominantly associated with the Sharks as their go-to alternate color, or grey since it's the only other color to be in their palette throughout the pre-Reebok history.

It just sucks because grey usually makes for awful results as a primary color. It doesn't let the other colors pop, it just ties everything together in an uninspiring medley of "blah".
Yeah I dont think I will be buying this one

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Yup, they’re doing a Las Vegas Thunder jersey design with black/red and their alternate shoulder logo as the main crest .
I'd be more interested in this jersey if it used the round fin logo or the old shield they never use for anything

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Grey being the main color is a disappointing choice.

Black would be even more dissapointing. And the retro shark jerseys did not have much color to them. They are literally white/grey/black/teal and considering teal was the main color it can't be used because it would not be a reverse then.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad