Retro Reverse Jerseys Coming

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
These are going to look excellent on the ice. Def buying one. I'm a tad annoyed that it took the NHL doing a league wide campaign for the Sharks to do this jersey because I don't think any of these RR jerseys will stick, when I think this could be an excellent 3rd jersey.

One thing though -- is this home or away? that grey looks pretty light :skeptic:

Reactions: themelkman

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's growing on me. I would definitely prefer the teal to be the main color but seeing how the whole point is the reversed colors, I can't complain too much.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Are these going to be home jerseys? I don’t mind gray as the primary as a whole, but not a fan if the away team is still going to use their white jerseys.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Are these going to be home jerseys? I don’t mind gray as the primary as a whole, but not a fan if the away team is still going to use their white jerseys.

I think they're designed to be worn against one of the other teams' "reverse retro" jerseys, so I assume we're wearing these against LA's or Vegas's or something.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
These are going to look excellent on the ice. Def buying one. I'm a tad annoyed that it took the NHL doing a league wide campaign for the Sharks to do this jersey because I don't think any of these RR jerseys will stick, when I think this could be an excellent 3rd jersey.

One thing though -- is this home or away? that grey looks pretty light :skeptic:
I've argued for gray "whites/away" for a long time but the dark sleeves make that a home jersey to me. I hate when I'm playing against people with dark shoulders and sleeves when they are supposed not be light!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Probably just like any other 3rd jersey, get brought out on special occasion nights. Which can be used against other teams away jerseys or like others have said. They could be used specifically against other teams retro jerseys.

I personally dont think they will do the retro vs retro jersey. If you do it for 1 team you will most likely do it for all teams. And depending on the schedule for the upcoming season that could be not that many games or way to many games.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I personally dont think they will do the retro vs retro jersey. If you do it for 1 team you will most likely do it for all teams.

Well, yes.

Reverse Retro alternate jerseys for all 31 teams unveiled by NHL, adidas

Each jersey was inspired by one worn by the team during a season that has some historical significance and the whole design process took about two years. Teams will wear the jerseys multiple games against each other in designated rivalry games during the upcoming season.

That's why a lot of these are white/grey, also.

Reactions: themelkman

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Love it. LOVE IT.

I would love to see them go back to this stripe pattern with modern colors/logos. Horizontal stripes are played out. We’re not an original six team - we don’t need a traditional look.

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yea, the more I look at them, the more I like them. What does it for me is the teal sleeves and the shade of grey they used isn't very drab. I might actually buy one and I don't buy much merch in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->