OT: Restaurant thread

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
we found a really good East Indian place on Regent called Chilis.

Red Chilis is good! You should also check out "Cilantros" on Gateway as well, they are a fantastic local East Indian place; currently my favourite in the city.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
tried Spicy Indian Grill on Osborne (right by Carlos & Murphys) couple weeks back.... i've had lots of indian food in my life time, but this was one of the best Tandoori Chicken and Fish Pakora dishes ive had. Granted, i had it at like 1AM and it was prepared fresh, & i had a few bevvys in me....so might have skewed things a bit :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I miss Buff.

Anyone know of casualties to Covid? There was a Korean place I frequented in the Exchange that isn't there any longer but I honestly don't know when they closed their doors. They may or may not have been a Covid casualty.

White Star Diner has seemingly survived thankfully. Roblin Grill as well though it was touch and go. Actually it was for both owners. Love both establishment, but neither is what one would refer to as health food. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
tried Spicy Indian Grill on Osborne (right by Carlos & Murphys) couple weeks back.... i've had lots of indian food in my life time, but this was one of the best Tandoori Chicken and Fish Pakora dishes ive had. Granted, i had it at like 1AM and it was prepared fresh, & i had a few bevvys in me....so might have skewed things a bit :laugh:
k folks. can confirm, the bevvys+1am+freshness skewed things a bit..... was still good, but def got the late-night bump :laugh:

Reactions: buggs and SLAYER

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Last edited:
Reactions: ps241 and John Agar

grgftrs

Dec 23, 2011
We are looking for a restaurant that has a private room for 12 people. We're holding our annual draft and I need some recommendations!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We are looking for a restaurant that has a private room for 12 people. We're holding our annual draft and I need some recommendations!
I did a fantasy football draft at Canadian Brewhouse yearssss ago. They hooked it up with some deals on drinks and food. Not sure how It'd be now, but call and ask. It's a sports bar.

Reactions: grgftrs

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
We tried Gol's Lanzhou Noodle on Pembina.
Pretty much the best Asian noodles I've had!
Excellent! Cannot wait for my return!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Yup, I always include a little chocolate or cocoa powder when I make a vat of my famous (among my family) chili. I've also been known to throw in some coffee to add depth and cola to add a little sweetness when needed.
Where's the Newfie Screech dark Rum, man. Injustice without it! Hee, hee, hee...lols

Reactions: jefferoni

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Any recommendations in st James/polo park area this weekend? Pizza, burgers, ethnic food, don't care.

Edit: something a bit lesser known would be ideal.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am heading to a dry run at Nola tonight in StB. New place, very creative chef, and I am friends with her business partner who owns King and Bannatyne as well.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Gotta say… Clementines in The Exchange is fantastic… it’s really a hipster douchy breakfast kinda place… but I tell ya the food is superb… the thick cut braised bacon Benedict was a absolutely insanity of awesomeness …
The chicken and waffles also stupid good….

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Any recommendations in st James/polo park area this weekend? Pizza, burgers, ethnic food, don't care.

Edit: something a bit lesser known would be ideal.
Fortune Cooking on St James is my favorite Chinese in the city. Snow and Moon right beside it is a Korean dessert cafe with amazing iced cream creations. Olympia Diner on portage ave has great Greek food. D-Jays/Ichabods on portage ave is a real good pizza/wing/burger joint. A few ideas anyways.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Super Boys a couple nights ago, meat tasted a little funky….not impressed, was my go to burger joint?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad