OT: Restaurant thread

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Gotta say… Clementines in The Exchange is fantastic… it’s really a hipster douchy breakfast kinda place… but I tell ya the food is superb… the thick cut braised bacon Benedict was a absolutely insanity of awesomeness …
The chicken and waffles also stupid good….

They are best in class culinary wise.

Reactions: Wolf357

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
I don't know why it doesn't work here. Decent chicken, good portions, reasonably priced. Seems it would be ideal for us frugal Winnipeggers.
It was always packed when I lived in Southern Ontario.
Didn't CityNews fail in under a year when they rebranded the station in 2005? It took another 11 years before a nighttime local newscast returned to Citytv.

The point is: sometimes Toronto culture doesn't fly here.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Dairi-Wip. That is all.

Dairi-Wip is amazing. Love their fries, love 'em more with chilli and cheese.

On the way home one night from Club Regent I hopped into the Junction 59 Roadhouse, on the north side of Regent just past the turnoff down Laj. Absolutely amazing. Had the buffalo chicken sandwich 'caliente' (i.e. both buffalo and hot sauces >.<) and mac and cheese for the side. I cannot wait to go back and have like every other item on the menu.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Chinese: Thirsty Duck on Watt
Pizza: ugh. Nothing in my area that's really good. Santa Ana in St. Vital.
Indian: Cilantros. So good.
Middle Eastern: Rammalah (spelling it wrong) Cafe on Munroe.
Japanese: the place beside DQ on Regent. Ramen is great. Sushi is the best I've had in this city.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Chinese: Thirsty Duck on Watt
Pizza: ugh. Nothing in my area that's really good. Santa Ana in St. Vital.
Indian: Cilantros. So good.
Middle Eastern: Rammalah (spelling it wrong) Cafe on Munroe.
Japanese: the place beside DQ on Regent. Ramen is great. Sushi is the best I've had in this city.

Enjoying life on Planet T?

Have heard good things about Santa Ana, wife loves it. I've always enjoyed Santa Lucia at the junction of Marion and St. Mary's but only in person; take out/delivery not so much. Tony's remains my go to since I lived in my parent's house - I believe the first time I had Tony's pizza was circa 1978 or so. Bit of history there. Very tasty, very consistent and they take very good care of regular customers. We were easily in delivery range growing up in St. Vital; convince them to drive all the way out to Southdale when we were there and they're happy to come out to Whyte Debt, er, Ridge.

As for burgers the list is long but distinguished: Dairy Delight; George's near the St. Vital Mall (that George goes back to 1981 when he was on St. Anne's); Red Top; Roblin Grill; White Star Diner (thankfully survived Covid cuz he was struggling); Johnny's Marion Restuarant. Hit all of them at various times; trying to distribute the love while my arteries slowly seize.

Reactions: ps241

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
BUMP

200.gif

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Given pizza was brought up…. Best spots in the city in my humble opinion are:

Gusto/Gusto North (Higher end style)
Tommy’s on Corydon (higher end style)
Shorty’s on Maryland (NY style)
Vera Pizza (Higher end style)

Tbh if I want cheap pizza, the classic Domino’s cheese & pep does the trick haha.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Pizza: DJays #2 or Wall Street Slice Hot N Honey.

Ramen: quirky place on Provencher with a wierd name.

Shwarma: food court at Portage place, surprisingly good. But haven't been to the place on north main that people rave about.

Italian: Belissimo on Waverley

Mexican: n/a in this town. Sad.

Burger: that brew pub on pembina juat north of jubilee.

Sorry I suck remembering names.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Was to be going out for dinner and a Jets game with my wife for our wedding anniversary tonight.

Plans have changed. She has selected Thida’s Thai and we are ordering in. I am new to this type of fare and have selected level 5 for heat.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was to be going out for dinner and a Jets game with my wife for our wedding anniversary tonight.

Plans have changed. She has selected Thida’s Thai and we are ordering in. I am new to this type of fare and have selected level 5 for heat.

Happy Anniversary and let us know if you got the heat right.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Burger: that brew pub on pembina juat north of jubilee.

Sorry I suck remembering names.

That would be Brazen Hall. Burgers, excellent. Beers? Kinda meh for me. They're good enough to order to have with your meal in the restaurant, but I don't find them good enough to make my regular beer rotation at home. I'll add that I'm still a bit miffed from an incident a few years ago when we went there for Burger Week and I was told, no we won't do beer flights cause we're too busy and it's too much trouble.

Mmm-kay. I think that was our last visit there. Could there be a connection?

Reactions: Babooch

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

That’s going to be fairly hot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad