OT: Restaurant thread

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
One thing Winnipeg has alot of is restaurants , one of my favorites is Maxime's on St.Marys road .

I haven't been back to Winnipeg since some time in 2013, but I'm pretty sure we went there last time I was there. I remember as a kid thinking the place was so classy.

I used to love Juniors in St Vital. Loved the fat boys.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven't been back to Winnipeg since some time in 2013, but I'm pretty sure we went there last time I was there. I remember as a kid thinking the place was so classy.

I used to love Juniors in St Vital. Loved the fat boys.
We have some great burger places in the Peg , one of my favorites is Dairy Whip on Marion st .

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
One thing Winnipeg has alot of is restaurants , one of my favorites is Maxime's on St.Marys road .

We've been in the area for decades, never gone there. We always seem to end up at the same 3 places: BP, Earls, Montana's. We're in a restaurant rut. :(

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Haven't been to Maxime's in a long time...it wasn't very good the last couple times

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I used to love the Red Top but went there recently and wasn't too happy with the food . The original owner retired and now i think his son is running it . I'll go back sometime and give it another shot though .

Reactions: KCjetsfan

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I used to love the Red Top but went there recently and wasn't too happy with the food . The original owner retired and now i think his son is running it . I'll go back sometime and give it another shot though .

I think the son unfortunately passed away a couple of years back. I have no idea who has been running it since.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think the son unfortunately passed away a couple of years back. I have no idea who has been running it since.
Your right , i think it's a younger brother . It's definitely a relative . I see Gus alot at the golf course , when we start this year i'll ask him . :thumbu:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Clementine on Princess for breakfast/lunch/brunch. The maple braised bacon is kind of a transcendent bacon experience. The waffle is damn good too. It's all pretty good. Go sometime. It's pretty reasonable. Highly recommended.

Also I see the Earl of Sandwich is now open by the Outlet Mall on Sterling Lyon. I've had a few late night sandwiches there in Vegas. This is the first one in Canada. It's a chain, but their sandwiches are pretty tasty. Or maybe everything tastes better in the middle of the night in Vegas?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You gotta get out of those chains. They're consistently "not bad".

True, but they're "safe". Comfortable like an old shoe. And my wife is not the most adventurous when it comes to food.

Many, many years ago I worked at an R&D company at the U of M. We had engineers from all over the planet, one a particularly petulant Frenchman that another engineer referred to as L'Enfant Terrible. Every week we would head out someplace for lunch, and the Frenchman only ever wanted to go to a chain restaurant called Mr Steak. Some of you may recall it. When he was overruled and we went someplace else, he would often not enjoy his meal and the lunch would end with the same proclamation without fail, "That's it, next week Mr Steak for sure".

So, always in the back of my mind when I think about trying something off the beaten path, is a picture of my beloved sitting across from me picking at her food and thinking, "That's it, next week Boston Pizza for sure". :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad