OT: Restaurant thread

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Gonna go visit my friend after Code Red, she's living at UoM and has never had Tony's Pizza. Gotta show her the best pizza in the city.

Anyone have Pizza Express or Romana's Pizza from Brandon? (Don't say Marinos, it's terrible and the poor mans version just like Santa Lucia)
Can vouch for Tony's pizza, it had an iffy few years but is back to top form now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Four Seasons Chinese in Southdale, Autumn chicken has been a favorite since the 90s. Think the dish is famous in the Southdale Windsor Park area

excellent place! They use to REALLY struggle with cooking times but the food was always top shelf.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Best pizza in the province is hiding in Minnedosa. Place is called Farmhouse 50. Trumps any pizza in Winnipeg.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Best pizza in the province is hiding in Minnedosa. Place is called Farmhouse 50. Trumps any pizza in Winnipeg.

Minnedosa is a great little town. My wife's parents lived out there before they passed away some years ago, so I spent a ton of time out there in the 80s and 90s. There used to be a great place to get schnitzel out there, Brede's and man they'd send you home stuffed.

Also the golf course is really nice, but perpetually overlooked by being between Neepawa and Clear Lake but it's well worth playing IMO.

Anyone know of a good place for schnitzel?

Reactions: ps241

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Minnedosa is a great little town. My wife's parents lived out there before they passed away some years ago, so I spent a ton of time out there in the 80s and 90s. There used to be a great place to get schnitzel out there, Brede's and man they'd send you home stuffed.

Also the golf course is really nice, but perpetually overlooked by being between Neepawa and Clear Lake but it's well worth playing IMO.

Anyone know of a good place for schnitzel?
Never been but Bistro Dansk on Sherbrook is supposed to have a mean schnitzel. They've been around for over 40 years now.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Schnitzels don't seem like the most romantic menu item but Bistro Dansk is a great spot for a date.

Never go on a first date to a rib place. You really need to be in an established relationship before you watch someone eat ribs. :nod:

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
ok so today I got to try Holy Spice and it was excellent. I ordered at around 11:30 and the guy was a character. His English was pretty broken but he was really upbeat. He said “give me until 12:30 so I can make sure it’s all fresh” :laugh:

Got the Chili Chicken (great spice), Lamb Tiki Masala (great), buttered Chicken (nice but they kind of forgot the chicken). I waited a bit when I got there but no problem because the women was just making up fresh naan. She was literally hand rolling out fresh dough and cooking it off one at a time (it was as good as it gets).

The guy was really friendly and he threw in extra Naan, and a extra side to try. Great value and top notch!!

thanks for the heads up Ducky!
Glad you enjoyed it. Super great family, I'm happy to support places like that.

Reactions: John Agar and ps241

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Bump

in these uncertain times, remember to support your favourite restaurant

tenor.gif

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If you ever go to Ste Anne Manitoba make sure you go to their Chinese restaurant. Absolutely the best Chinese food I’ve ever had. The place is booming as people seem to be coming from all over.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
My favourite restaurants that are no longer around include Venice House on Marion and Dionysus on Regent. Both had incredible pizza.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My favourite restaurants that are no longer around include Venice House on Marion and Dionysus on Regent. Both had incredible pizza.

Venice House still exists in Saskatoon. It started there. A life time ago I got my start in the business with a Franchisee in Edmonton who kept the Venice House recipes but changed the signs. When I go back to Saskatoon I like to have a pepperoni and Mushroom. I grew up on it And loved it.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Venice House still exists in Saskatoon. It started there. A life time ago I got my start in the business with a Franchisee in Edmonton who kept the Venice House recipes but changed the signs. When I go back to Saskatoon I like to have a pepperoni and Mushroom. I grew up on it And loved it.

Are you serious? I knew there was one there but I just assumed it was not connected.
Thanks ps241, you have no idea how happy this makes me. You just made my day!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey folks I am looking for a good Beef (ground) and Onion pizza in the south part of the City. I have no idea why I am craving it but I am.

Any recommendations. I am will to drove a ways to pick it up so let me know your thoughts.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hey folks I am looking for a good Beef (ground) and Onion pizza in the south part of the City. I have no idea why I am craving it but I am.

Any recommendations. I am will to drove a ways to pick it up so let me know your thoughts.
You don't have a fave pizza spot?

We're Niakwa Pizza people. I've had beef and bacon there but never beef and onions

If you haven't had it, its a thinner crust, less sauce than maybe you're used to

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You don't have a fave pizza spot?

We're Niakwa Pizza people. I've had beef and bacon there but never beef and onions

If you haven't had it, its a thinner crust, less sauce than maybe you're used to

I have had Niakwa and like it! Thx for the heads up.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
have a Superboys for me, please

amen, best burger in the city and I’ve tried everyone else! Even remember back when VJ’s used to be the place for the best burger!

Took the 50 minute round trip from my office today to try Superboys for the first time based off these reviews/endorsements.

The place was very clean for its age, easy parking, the women working the till seemed like she was part of the family that owned the business and she was a total sweetheart. She was friendly and joyous walking a this rookie guest through what to order. I arrived at 11:30 so I got in before the rush. I ordered a Super Boy (the typical Winnipeg Fat boy recipe). I would say it is the best Fat boy I have had in Winnipeg. The burger patty itself was a bit thicker than usual and I literally burnt my mouth on the burger. All the ingredients were fresh and they executed perfectly. Between the food quality and the top notch hospitality I was very really happy that I took the trip to 1480 main street from the deep southeast where my office is.

Thx for the heads up boys!!

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Took the 50 minute round trip from my office today to try Superboys for the first time based off these reviews/endorsements.

The place was very clean for its age, easy parking, the women working the till seemed like she was part of the family that owned the business and she was a total sweetheart. She was friendly and joyous walking a this rookie guest through what to order. I arrived at 11:30 so I got in before the rush. I ordered a Super Boy (the typical Winnipeg Fat boy recipe). I would say it is the best Fat boy I have had in Winnipeg. The burger patty itself was a bit thicker than usual and I literally burnt my mouth on the burger. All the ingredients were fresh and they executed perfectly. Between the food quality and the top notch hospitality I was very really happy that I took the trip to 1480 main street from the deep southeast where my office is.

Thx for the heads up boys!!
Not really a fan of Superboys. I swear they put cinnamon in their chili which is an affront to God. Best fatboy in the city is Dairi-Wip AIIEC. Ill throw down with anyone who says different. They also have the best fries & chili. Their hotdogs and milkshakes are absolutely killer too.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not really a fan of Superboys. I swear they put cinnamon in their chili which is an affront to God. Best fatboy in the city is Dairi-Wip AIIEC. Ill throw down with anyone who says different. They also have the best fries & chili. Their hotdogs and milkshakes are absolutely killer too.

haven't had Dairi-Wip for years, will give it another try and then we can talk smack!

Reactions: jokesondee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad