Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Mmmmm food
Can’t wait to get a Garwood Grill Pizza
Hopefully they reopen :)

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
There’s no possible way you read the 3 parts given the time frame from when I posted until your reply.
So if you think Dr. Tam is a rock star good on you .

I'm not going to read something because you ask me to (I didn't even get past the title haha)..........So lets just agree that YES I think she is a rock star when compared to you and everyone you know and have linked put together when it comes to infectious disease :D

So if you have an article from another Canadian epidemiologist dated from early January that was yelling from the tree tops how we should be shutting down the boarders to all travelers and to stock pile PPE to save us from a deadly virus in China that would spread around the world and kill hundreds of thousands while bringing the world economy to a stand still then I will read that :D

Like I said.....We reacted late....but jumping the gun to open the flood gates now is STUPID.....Slow and steady opening is the right move unless we want to turn into Montreal.

If you want to blame China for having mislead/hold power over the WHO we can have that conversation in a different thread (not about restaurants haha)But if you want to be in Trumps camp and get back to it because you believe our numbers are low so we have beat this virus, then have fun and stay safe. No intelligent person with any credentials in this field believes we have beaten Covid 19 for good in Manitoba yet.

I think my opinion is pretty clear and I don't want/expect to change yours.....:thumbu:

Back to restaurants now :laugh:

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
tenor.gif

Reactions: buggs and SCP Guy

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm not going to read something because you ask me to (I didn't even get past the title haha)..........So lets just agree that YES I think she is a rock star when compared to you and everyone you know and have linked put together when it comes to infectious disease :D

So if you have an article from another Canadian epidemiologist dated from early January that was yelling from the tree tops how we should be shutting down the boarders to all travelers and to stock pile PPE to save us from a deadly virus in China that would spread around the world and kill hundreds of thousands while bringing the world economy to a stand still then I will read that :D

Like I said.....We reacted late....but jumping the gun to open the flood gates now is STUPID.....Slow and steady opening is the right move unless we want to turn into Montreal.

If you want to blame China for having mislead/hold power over the WHO we can have that conversation in a different thread (not about restaurants haha)But if you want to be in Trumps camp and get back to it because you believe our numbers are low so we have beat this virus, then have fun and stay safe. No intelligent person with any credentials in this field believes we have beaten Covid 19 for good in Manitoba yet.

I think my opinion is pretty clear and I don't want/expect to change yours.....:thumbu:

Back to restaurants now :laugh:
I guess we’ll all have to agree to disagree
Yes restaurants
Pepperidge Farms remembers :DD

Reactions: SCP Guy

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This damn border closure argument pops up in every thread - it's the new Pavelec! :laugh:

So what countries closed their borders early enough to stop this? And if China's the problem then why is Quebec the hardest hit - when it sounds like their problem was with US travel? (BTW: Did you know Trump shut down travel from China very early - and now the US is laughing at Coronavir- wait a minute... :sarcasm: ).

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This damn border closure argument pops up in every thread - it's the new Pavelec! :laugh:

So what countries closed their borders early enough to stop this? And if China's the problem then why is Quebec the hardest hit - when it sounds like their problem was with US travel? (BTW: Did you know Trump shut down travel from China very early - and now the US is laughing at Coronavir- wait a minute... :sarcasm: ).

What I wouldn't do for those days, arguing about Pavelec and Lee Stempniak

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I've been thinking about buffets (mmmm, buffets!) and how they can carry-on with the virus in play. Here are some suggestions for new buffet protocols:

1. No children in the buffet line! This rule should stay regardless of whether we have a pandemic or not. You want to bring your plague infested ankle biters and rug rats to a buffet, load up their damn plates for them. Or better yet, leave them at home with a baby-sitter. I believe there is now an emoji for this.
:wally
2. Extend the plexiglass shields down so there is just enough room to bring out a scoopful of food. As it is, short people can easily duck under those pathetically inadequate "sneeze guards".
3. Have a buffet attendant (preferably a burly security type) that ensures people sanitize their hands before each trip up. A clean plate would be issued once they have complied. This person would also restrict admittance to the buffet area so there is only one person at a buffet station at a time.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Stella's in the Village also gone, that location has seen it's share of controversy over it's 20 years in that location
Probably a controversial opinion, but I found them very over-rated. Went there about 5 times and never had anything that I would consider was above average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad