OT: Restaurant thread

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Probably a controversial opinion, but I found them very over-rated. Went there about 5 times and never had anything that I would consider was above average.
Ok, so there is another. I’ve been to various Stella’s multiple times. That alone will tell you it’s good enough to return. But never on my suggestion. I can get stuff that’s good but never had any stellar experiences.

still sad to see any of these restaurants shutting down.

Reactions: SUX2BU

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
....and it's not just the restaurants, it's the staff and suppliers and the money that those now unemployed staff won't spend etc..... And that's just one industry.

It's going to be scary how many people are going to be looking for government support after this.

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Is it coincidence that the first Stella's to be shut down was one that chose to unionize? Will the Sherbrook location be next to close its doors?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
....and it's not just the restaurants, it's the staff and suppliers and the money that those now unemployed staff won't spend etc..... And that's just one industry.

It's going to be scary how many people are going to be looking for government support after this.

The humanistic side of the Covid is largely ignored.
A job loss of 1 in many instances has 2 or more people tied to it.
A business failing multiple people tied to it.
There isn’t a lot empathy on this board for the living victims of this situation.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is it coincidence that the first Stella's to be shut down was one that chose to unionize? Will the Sherbrook location be next to close its doors?

Could be one of the reasons if it made their cost base higher? As I recall it was also a really small location with no table service? Lots of multi unit restaurant companies will be shedding their losing locations and Stella’s won’t be alone.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Went to Harth Italian restaurant on St.Annes Road on Friday, food is good but it's a little pricey. Could be why i saw Wheeler there when i went for the first time last summer. :laugh:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Santa Lucia pizza last night, wow, what happened to the generous toppings, $45 bucks for an x-large, might as well have ordered from Pizza Pizza or Little Caesars If I just wanted dough and tomato paste!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Santa Lucia pizza last night, wow, what happened to the generous toppings, $45 bucks for an x-large, might as well have ordered from Pizza Pizza or Little Caesars If I just wanted dough and tomato paste!

wut?! for real. jeeebus.

I live in the country so I usually just make my own. at that price I could make quite a few XL pizzas ha.

Reactions: sipowicz

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We have been buying pretty much nothing but Spentz Brothers frozen pizza it is outstanding imo, 8.99 a pie.
Not familiar where are these available?
I don’t do the shopping Mrs. Eye says I annoy her so she goes solo.

So old married gents just act impatient when shopping and they will prefer to go on their own..
32 years of marriage advice to you free :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

So old married gents just act impatient when shopping and they will prefer to go on their own..
They sell them at most Co Op grocery stores also I think Giant tiger now sells them, they are made in Winkler, they cook up fantastic.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

We couldn't be more opposite. I love grocery shopping. In fact, as the person solely responsible for food prep in our house, I wouldn't want anyone else doing it. Put me in some little ethnic market, I can browse happily for ages. Put me in a hardware store OTOH and I will make a beeline for what I need and get the f*** out of there ASAP. And, if I don't know where something is, I will immediately flag someone down to ask them where it is. I am so not the classic male stereotype. :laugh:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

I use that one all the time as well. Works like a charm. Congrats on the 32 years! 29 here.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I find that Santa Lucia varies location to location for quality of their product, just in the last little while I have order the same pizzas from 2 locations with vastly different results

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad